Dimes is offline Senior Member

Apnea, side effect or not? Thinkind of endig cycle.

I have read in some threads that it is a side effect , in others that it is because of the weight gain, im in the middle of my cycle and I cant hardly sleep because im scared I wont wake up, very scary to wake up without any oxygen and suffocated, please help me out here.

BlocRoc is offline Member
    Dont know what to say, but I have had it happen once, and it was the freakiest thing that ever happened to me.... I couldnt sleep for a good few days after that!

Try to teach yourself to sleep on your side...

From a mediical point of view: WOrst case scenario, you actually pass out in your sleep, but the reason behind passing out is to totally relax, which you would, and then you'd start breating again....

But I doubt that anyone would want to pass out every night while they sleep... not met at least!

But seriously, I do think that with elevated BP, HR, repiration, and working out, the cycle could be at fault partially!

L8

I havent even ben able to do much the last week since I dont get any dsleep, too tired the rest of the day to follow diet or do anythimng, thanks man, anyone else?

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    My dentist sells a mouthpiece that keeps the jaws open to reduce snoring. Supposedly it helps with sleep apnea too. You might want to check with your dentist about it.

During the last half of a long cycle I developed sleep apnea. It was horrible. I lost a lot of sleep because of it, and my snoring grew extremely loud (so I was told). Some nights I felt like I was choking.

I loved the results of the cycle, but the apnea was hellish near the end.

You can alwasy end your cycle if the apnea gets too terrible for you to handle.

Best of luck.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 12-05-2004 at 12:04 AM.

Thanks bask, I will check it out, dont have health insurance so im kind of screwed... anyway, im going to continue but if it gets any worst I will have to stop, yesterday I only slept 3 hours

Oh, so as soon as you ended the cycle it ended? So its a side effect some people get and some dont... im one of the lucky ones? LOL

bump

Anybody else?

Need some advice on this

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    the more weight i put on the worst it gets,im at the point now that i start snoreing while im watching tv..i'll just be sitting there and i catch myself snoring.my girl says i fall asleep 10x an hour watching tv.i use somas and ambiens at nite to sleep.i know its not the best of ideas but it works

What are somas and ambiens?

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Soma Is A Muscle Relaxer And Ambien Is A Sleeping Pill,sonatas Work Well Too

Ok, thanks, will check into it

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    Apnea just means that you stop breathing while sleeping. The vast majority of apnea is obstructive apnea, where the tongue and throat tissues collapse during the deepest levels of sleep (when there's a general body paralysis) preventing air from getting into the lungs no matter how hard you try to breath in. When this happens, your blood oxygen levels will fall until they trigger a panic response in the brain which rouses you just enough to restore muscle tone and let air flow in again. Even in a normal person, this will happen up 5 times a night, but in someone with severe apnea it can be 60 to 100 times a night. This will virtually ensure that you'll get no REM sleep and will wake up exhausted.

Apnea can be very positional. Typically sleeping on your back is the worst, and on the side is the best. One trick to ensure this is to tape or sew a tennis ball into a t-shirt in the center of the back. This will keep you from staying on your back while asleep. Since the tongue is often the culprit, there are dental devices that keep the tongue and lower jaw from falling backwards during sleep. For severe cases there are CPAP machines (which force air past the obstruction) and surgery.

The geometry and structure of your jaw and throat sets your initial risk of having apnea. Any weight gain (especially in the neck area) will aggravate this. Also muscle gain in the neck area can also have the same effect, which is why there's a correlation between being an athlete and having apnea.

Elevated testosterone also is correlated with apnea, probably due to tissue swelling. I know that HRT can bring on apnea in some people and this is something doctors keep an eye out for.

Thanks Maete... Im mid way thru cycle so Ill just tough it out, thanks guys.

good luck bro, try not to let yourself get all phsyched out by the situation, that will help alot. I personally feel you second guess yourself about it so it has implanted into your head, therefore you are constantly worrying about it before going to bed. Thus making you not able to fall asleep until late hours of the night and losing alot of sleep. Its happened to me before and now i try to go into my bed about an hour before sleep and watch some tv, trying to get myself to relax. Im sure its nothing major just calm down and try to get through your cycle. Good luck bro.

Thanks, most nights I dont get it.. but when I do, I have trouble falling asleep again

Thread Information