lookingforquality is offline New Member

Western Union and fake names

IS it better to use a fake name and address under the "Sender" portion of the WU form? this way nothing can be traced back to you---but use the real name and addy when emailing the source

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Do a search. This has been covered a million times.
    Never use real info when sending funds WU.
    But your shipping addy that u send to your source should be real.

lookingforquality is offline New Member
    thanks-- I did a search but couldn't seem to find this exact answer (just hope they don't ask for id--it is below $1,000 but I have been hearing lately they have been asking for ID on internaitonal transfers)

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    I've heard that some places that ID you have the WU in like a store or inside a bank. Look for the WU sign on gas stations. I got one by my house that does WU and they don't ask for ID when transfering funds. I think it really depends on where your WU is located.

_ODC

Phyll is offline Associate Member
    I have transferred a few times no problems, last time the chick asked for my id, I told her why since it is less than 1K, she said the system was asking for it, I told her I didnt have it and just showed her an old student id, at first she didnt want to take it but then she just wrote it down and said ok...

BigAndy69 is offline Junior Member
    If you use a fake name, remember that you cannot get your money back or change the receiver's info if there is a problem...so make sure they get it right, especially the receiver's name.

Susguy is offline Associate Member
    thats what happened to me once, i used my real name when i was sending the money and got home and gave the mtcn number but source couldnt pick it up because they misspelled his name and i went back to correct it and the first thing they told me was to show my id, i told them that i dont have it with me and they told me that with out id there is no way that they can change it. they only look at your name though, they really dont care if you put your real add or not

Thread Information