Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    maxex is offline Member

Bonds: "didntknow they were steroids"

I wonder if there are actually people in this world stupid enought to believe that. Oh he was taking mass amounts of an undetectable substance and didnt know it was illegal. I think he should be banned from baseball for life, not for using but for being a coward and not fessing up when caught.

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    thats hilarious, thats what ill say if I ever get caught... what ?? test e is a steroid ??? I didnt know!!

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    I do not think he should be banned. Body building is a sport, we would not ask for a ban there. How would you like to watch a bunch of 200lbs guys playing football? You wouldn't. So he is taking something to make him better, you do it.

Duck of Death is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxex
    I wonder if there are actually people in this world stupid enought to believe that. Oh he was taking mass amounts of an undetectable substance and didnt know it was illegal. I think he should be banned from baseball for life, not for using but for being a coward and not fessing up when caught.

...cue the rap tune:

" Caught me with the needle - Wuzznt me!
    Caught me on cycle - Wuzznt me!
    Caught me with Fina - Wuzznt me!"

Cackle Cackle!!

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey do you have a link to where that was said by bonds?

Hawkman44 is offline Associate Member
    espn.com

maxex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    I do not think he should be banned. Body building is a sport, we would not ask for a ban there. How would you like to watch a bunch of 200lbs guys playing football? You wouldn't. So he is taking something to make him better, you do it.
    like i said, he shouldnt be banned for using, he should be banned for lying, just like pete rose was, how stupid can u be , if ur caught red handed fess up, lying only makes **** worse

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death
    ...cue the rap tune:

" Caught me with the needle - Wuzznt me!
    Caught me on cycle - Wuzznt me!
    Caught me with Fina - Wuzznt me!"

Cackle Cackle!!

yikes!! is offline Associate Member
    yeah, bodybuilding is a sport.....and pro's get plenty of money to be in tip top shape so steroids are understood to be in their training, it's about their "physical appearance" not their physical attributes to their respective sport.... people watch sports to see pure athletes and their athletecism do incredible things without performance enhancements at a natural level....michael jordan, lance armstrong, pete sampras....and many others dominated their sports....would you think differently about these athletes if you knew they used steroids? probably yes, I would, and I USE steroids ....who wants to see a bigger guy than bonds bashing 90 plus homeruns?....I know I'd rather have a natural guy bash that **** for the purity of the game....if bonds entered the IFBB then great more juice to him

maxex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yikes!!
    yeah, bodybuilding is a sport.....and pro's get plenty of money to be in tip top shape so steroids are understood to be in their training, it's about their "physical appearance" not their physical attributes to their respective sport.... people watch sports to see pure athletes and their athletecism do incredible things without performance enhancements at a natural level....michael jordan, lance armstrong, pete sampras....and many others dominated their sports....would you think differently about these athletes if you knew they used steroids? probably yes, I would, and I USE steroids....who wants to see a bigger guy than bonds bashing 90 plus homeruns?....I know I'd rather have a natural guy bash that **** for the purity of the game....if bonds entered the IFBB then great more juice to him
    u just hit the nail on the head, changed my perspective on things

like i said, he shouldnt be banned for using, he should be banned for lying, just like pete rose was, how stupid can u be , if ur caught red handed fess up, lying only makes **** worse
    would you fess up? if he did the law would be on his ass, and fessing up will mess with his livelyhood.

Quote Originally Posted by yikes!!
    yeah, bodybuilding is a sport.....and pro's get plenty of money to be in tip top shape so steroids are understood to be in their training, it's about their "physical appearance" not their physical attributes to their respective sport.... people watch sports to see pure athletes and their athletecism do incredible things without performance enhancements at a natural level....michael jordan, lance armstrong, pete sampras....and many others dominated their sports....would you think differently about these athletes if you knew they used steroids? probably yes, I would, and I USE steroids....who wants to see a bigger guy than bonds bashing 90 plus homeruns?....I know I'd rather have a natural guy bash that **** for the purity of the game....if bonds entered the IFBB then great more juice to him
    You actually believe lance armstrong has not done a performance enhancing drug before? they call it EPO look it up, it is usually found around steroid profiles.

yikes!! is offline Associate Member
    You actually believe lance armstrong has not done a performance enhancing drug before? they call it EPO look it up, it is usually found around steroid profiles.
    yeah, I know what EPO is....with the notoriety that lance has you don't think they test him all the time....c'mon....he's won his 5th tour de france in a row...everybody and their momz would be pulling out test to see if he's using performance enhancements....****, his competition petitions for him to get tested....it's god-given talent, not "oh, I can't win ****, let me pull this pin out and stick my ass with some test", or blood doping that some people claim he does, people just won't believe that some natural people can dominate other people no matter how juiced up they are
    Last edited by yikes!!; 12-03-2004 at 11:51 AM.

maxex is offline Member
    would you fess up? if he did the law would be on his ass, and fessing up will mess with his livelyhood.
    i would fess up, the laws is already probably all over him,(they probably know exactly whats going on, hes just gonna make it worse by lying, besides if he doesnt have anything in his possesion then he has nothing to worry about. if he gets away with it good for him, if not then lying gonna come back to haunt him

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50
    Hey do you have a link to where that was said by bonds?
    just watch sportscenter on ESPN.. I like that they said they had no idea what the "red beans"?(andriol )were,they just took them....c'mon,would anybody really take something because they were told to.he now looks like a complete idiot.i actually feel sorry for him because the people reporting on this topic have no business at all talking about it like they are doctors.i heard the one reported speaking about jason giambi using clomid and then go on to describe it as a testosterone enhancer.....well sorta kind of..they are putting out such false info,someone needs to stop them.

and their beating the steroid issue to death,now every kid that has dreamed of being barry bonds is gonna run out and get some "red beans"thinking thats all it takes...it really has become a circus act

I think this statement is totally out of wack, but we all have our own opinions, so I am NOT going to say that yours is Wrong! So dont take this as a flame, just think about it.

I personally dont think using steroids is cheating, as far as using them to get big, just for personal use, or even when the specific sports organazation (IE: NBA/ NFL, MBL) says its ok, or even ommits it from their rule book! But when an organization says specifically "NOT TO USE ____________________" then it is wrong, and should be penalized greatly when someone is caught. I also think he should be banned, AND his records striken from the books. But thats just my love of the game (the natural game) talking.

Like I said this is just my opinion, so no flames intended
    Alex

wallycn is offline Banned
    two words........MY A$$

he knew

yeah, we all have our opinions, some seemingly are hippocritical. This was not the only time Bonds took roids (come on), he just got caught. Lance has been lucky so far and using the right substances so when a test comes up he will be clean. There are more that do in professional sports than don't.

maxex is offline Member
    well than lance armstrongs records should be stricken, if everyone in a particular sport is doing them than thats fine, but when it gives someone an unfair advantage than thats wrong. i dont do them to compete but if i did i wouldnt enter an all natural bodybuilding contest.

bmwrob is offline Member
    Bonds danced around questions, saying he couldn't explain a calendar with the name "Barry" on it; he had never seen a bottle that says Depo-Testosterone ; he had never heard of the drugs Clomid, modafinil and trenbolone ; and he couldn't pronounce EPO.

This came from the ESPN.com article.

He knew like we all know. He may not have done all of the research because he had teh $ to pay someone else to do it for him.... but he knew.

bmwrob is offline Member
    Maybe that is why he has always been a d**k to the media... he was on Test and Tren .

rylly41 is offline Associate Member
    If i were Bonds i'd lie till i was blue in the face. Once he confesses, every record he holds, every accomplishment hes acheived, his whole career will be tainted. People already know he is on something, they don't need him to confess to come to that conclusion. But as long as he doesnt confess, there wont be an * next to all his records. Some say its cheating, some would disagree. Regardless, what he did for the game, in terms of popularity is only comparable to what babe ruth did. Whether he did it or not, (he did), he gave people what they wanted to see, a mass quantity of home runs. Baseball and the sports world should have left this thing alone. Theyre killing their own business.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    There is no way in hell a guys that is worth Millions and I mean MILLIONS isn't going to ask specifically what he is taking. NO ONE is that stupid. But, everyone has to remember, steroids weren't banned from MLB until just 2 years ago. Yeah, they are illegal, but again they weren't banned from baseball. I could care less if anyone uses them in any sport. I really don't. Some might say it makes it an uneven playing field for batters to take them, but trust me, There are just as many pitchers taking them as batters (if not more)

What choice did he have? He couldn't come right out and say he took them. It would destroy all of his records. He did the next best thing without getting into trouble.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Haters will "destroy" his records based on this alone.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    Haters will "destroy" his records based on this alone.
    The old timers -Joe Morgan will have a field day with this.

jbol is offline Senior Member
    if he didnt know........i wonder if he was curious of why his balls were shrinking
    Last edited by jbol; 12-03-2004 at 01:08 PM.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    All you guys who are saying that Bonds should be banned ... put urself in his shoes ... ur a professional athlete in the spotlight every second of the day... you wanna get better (just like u wanna look better or lift heavier) so u take some juice... now being that gear is illegal .. ur obvious not gonna admit to it because of the consequences that can occur

SO WHAT if he juiced .... so does more than half of the league ... y doesnt anyone make a big deal about pitchers who juice so they can get that extra 2-3mph ... but since its a hitter (probably the best hitter ever) who can dominate the league and just mashes homeruns like its no problem ... and all of a sudden everyone jumps on him claiming steroids ... STEROIDS DONT MAKE YOU HIT HR'S ... if they did ... then every major league hitter would hit 50+ HR's a year

All these critics dont understand that juice is not the reason y Bonds is such a great hitter ... Juice doesnt make u hit .350 every year ... in the end u might end up with a couple more HR's ... but if u cant swing the bat properly, then ur not gonna have many HR's anyway.

All these critics and writers who claim that juice is the reason y bonds is so good obviously have no clue whats it like to play competitive baseball ... and im not talkin about some bush rec league ... im talking Collegiate and all the way to the majors

Bonds will go the hall of fame as the greatest HR hitter ever, possibly the best hitter ever ... the numbers dont lie

and Pete Rose should be in too

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Hellno, I would deny, deny. deny as long as I thought there was any shot of beating the rap.

Soup is offline Associate Member
    listening to ESPN radio, it seems as if none of the hosts have a clue as to what he was taking, the different kinds of steroids , where you shot them, and cycling. That is what infuriates me. They never try even to seek out the correct info either, they just rehash what has been shown on after school specials and PSA's.

And then when they bring in lyle alzado, oh man!

kaorialfred is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33
    All you guys who are saying that Bonds should be banned ... put urself in his shoes ... ur a professional athlete in the spotlight every second of the day... you wanna get better (just like u wanna look better or lift heavier) so u take some juice... now being that gear is illegal .. ur obvious not gonna admit to it because of the consequences that can occur

SO WHAT if he juiced .... so does more than half of the league ... y doesnt anyone make a big deal about pitchers who juice so they can get that extra 2-3mph ... but since its a hitter (probably the best hitter ever) who can dominate the league and just mashes homeruns like its no problem ... and all of a sudden everyone jumps on him claiming steroids ... STEROIDS DONT MAKE YOU HIT HR'S ... if they did ... then every major league hitter would hit 50+ HR's a year

All these critics dont understand that juice is not the reason y Bonds is such a great hitter ... Juice doesnt make u hit .350 every year ... in the end u might end up with a couple more HR's ... but if u cant swing the bat properly, then ur not gonna have many HR's anyway.

All these critics and writers who claim that juice is the reason y bonds is so good obviously have no clue whats it like to play competitive baseball ... and im not talkin about some bush rec league ... im talking Collegiate and all the way to the majors

Bonds will go the hall of fame as the greatest HR hitter ever, possibly the best hitter ever ... the numbers dont lie

Right on, I fully belive this.

Although I do belive when I was going to clubs, breakdancing, the X made me invincable in battles on the floor

maxex is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33

bonds is a good hitter but he wasnt hittn hr's like this untill juice, untill after mcgwire and sosa broke the record, bonds just had to do it too, mcgwire was smart and got the hell out before any sh** came up. everybody knows that bottle of andro in mcgwires locker was just a decoy.

SEASON TEAM G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG AVG
    1986 Pittsburgh Pirates 113 413 72 92 26 3 16 48 172 65 102 36 7 .330 .416 .223
    1987 Pittsburgh Pirates 150 551 99 144 34 9 25 59 271 54 88 32 10 .329 .492 .261
    1988 Pittsburgh Pirates 144 538 97 152 30 5 24 58 264 72 82 17 11 .368 .491 .283
    1989 Pittsburgh Pirates 159 580 96 144 34 6 19 58 247 93 93 32 10 .351 .426 .248
    1990 Pittsburgh Pirates 151 519 104 156 32 3 33 114 293 93 83 52 13 .406 .565 .301
    1991 Pittsburgh Pirates 153 510 95 149 28 5 25 116 262 107 73 43 13 .410 .514 .292
    1992 Pittsburgh Pirates 140 473 109 147 36 5 34 103 295 127 69 39 8 .456 .624 .311
    1993 San Francisco Giants 159 539 129 181 38 4 46 123 365 126 79 29 12 .458 .677 .336
    1994 San Francisco Giants 112 391 89 122 18 1 37 81 253 74 43 29 9 .426 .647 .312
    1995 San Francisco Giants 144 506 109 149 30 7 33 104 292 120 83 31 10 .431 .577 .294
    1996 San Francisco Giants 158 517 122 159 27 3 42 129 318 151 76 40 7 .461 .615 .308
    1997 San Francisco Giants 159 532 123 155 26 5 40 101 311 145 87 37 8 .446 .585 .291
    1998 San Francisco Giants 156 552 120 167 44 7 37 122 336 130 92 28 12 .438 .609 .303
    1999 San Francisco Giants 102 355 91 93 20 2 34 83 219 73 62 15 2 .389 .617 .262
    2000 San Francisco Giants 143 480 129 147 28 4 49 106 330 117 77 11 3 .440 .688 .306
    2001 San Francisco Giants 153 476 129 156 32 2 73 137 411 177 93 13 3 .515 .863 .328
    2002 San Francisco Giants 143 403 117 149 31 2 46 110 322 198 47 9 2 .582 .799 .370
    2003 San Francisco Giants 130 390 111 133 22 1 45 90 292 148 58 7 0 .529 .749 .341
    2004 San Francisco Giants 147 373 129 135 27 3 45 101 303 232 41 6 1 .609 .812 .362

Career Totals 2716 9098 2070 2730 563 77 703 1843 5556 2302 1428 506 141 .443 .611 .300
    Last edited by QuieTSToRM33; 12-03-2004 at 05:51 PM.

ENOUGH SAID ... the guy is a hall of famer

maxex .. u said Bonds wasnt hitting home runs until he was on juice ... the guy has hit 25 or more HR's in his last 15 seasons ... and 16 out of 19

Yeah he hit 73 in 2001 ... but other than that he has never broken 50 hr's in a season

He doesnt hit hr's cause he's on juice ... he hits hr's cause he's a great hitter ... thats it ... the numbers dont lie

td32 is offline Junior Member
    First off, far more hitters juice then pitchers. Juice simply has a far baetter benefit to hitters. Some pitchers see benefits, others dont. Juicing can have a far worse impact on pitchers because of the increase in likelihood of tearing a ligament in the elbow. Of course all the hamstring injuries hitters have are for a reason.

I played minor league ball and saw plenty of juice going around. Juice can significantly impact HR production. Bonds is a ridiculous talent, yet he has seen a significant impact from his taking steroids . I remember a dude on my team starting a Finaplex cycle midseason and within weeks you could literally see the ball exploding of his bat unlike it had before. The guy was great hitter, but the juice added another element to his game....power.

The fact is over half the big leaguers have juiced and Bonds is far and away the best player in the league. He is the best player of this era....bar none. It will be difficult to compare him to players like Mays and Ruth because he did have an advantage. They had their own advantages that I dont feel like detailing now, but it is so difficult to compare era's. I can tell you this....Mays never won 7 MVP's. I personally believe Bonds and Ruth are the 2 greatest players ever. Bonds taking juice doesnt effect his status in my opinion because these days you must take it to play on a level playing field. He took it, along with everyone else and he has dominated like only Ruth has.

td32 .. never said that more pitchers juice than hitters

syncere is offline New Member
    so what..he juiced..he still that mothafukah to me!!!!

Quiet, my bad. Someone above said it. I should have specified that. HR's have helped Bonds but he is still the best player of this generation.

yeah i agree .... he might even be the best that's ever played the game

I would say Ruth is the best ever. I give him the edge because of his success as a pitcher. But I do believe that if you stuck Bonds back in the day, he would destroy the ball. It is so hard to compare though. Bats were different(for better or worse...cork was legal), fields were different, no pitching specialist(relievers), pitchers werent as good, hitters saw the same pitcher more often back then due to smaller leagues(helps hitter). It is so hard to compare era's. I think the best way to do it is to say who the best players of each era are...otherwise it is unfair to compare, it is relly apples and oranges.

bosshogg3 is offline Junior Member
    Who gives a rats ass if he juiced.I know 4 pro ball players one being a mvp and they all juice and use hgh.And they all say that most [85-90] percent in the league juice.Its either join in or be left out.And someone said that the sports need to be pure i agree but i dont fault someone for using when almost all do.Bonds as a family to feed and hes doing what it takes to keep doing so.And if one soul in here says that they would not if in his shoe is a liar.And look and his hr's they go up every year with no juice.Look at sosa.He juices and uses corked bats so why he is not targeted i dont know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information