Phyll is offline Associate Member

Test for Buring Fat?

Hey bros,

Could one do a test only cycle to help cutting? I have read that test helps buring fat, but what about all the water retention it causes?

What you guys think?

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    test prop less water retention
    no test helps u lose fate n
    diet cardio for fat loss

lose fate in what

Quote Originally Posted by Phyll
    lose fate in what
    lmao i meant lose fat

LOL thanks bro

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Test burns fat, any androgen that binds strongly to the AR does.

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Use a little test that way you don't loose all of your gains by doing so much cardio. I always though that test did help burn fat. I could be wrong though.

Whats a little? How about 300mg/week of test E will that do it or is that too little?

Jackman is offline Banned
    test DOES burn fat essecially in higher doses. test prop and tren i is the best fat burning combo imo.(aas wise)

Effects of androgen therapy on adipose tissue and metabolism in older men.

Schroeder ET, Zheng L, Ong MD, Martinez C, Flores C, Stewart Y, Azen C, Sattler FR.

Department of Medicine and Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA.

We investigated the effects of oxandrolone on regional fat compartments and markers of metabolism. Thirty-two 60- to 87-yr-old men (body mass index, 28.1 +/- 3.4 kg/m(2)) were randomized to oxandrolone (20 mg/d; n = 20) or matching placebo (n = 12) treatment for 12 wk. Oxandrolone reduced total (-1.8 +/- 1.0 kg; P < 0.001), trunk (-1.2 +/- 0.6 kg; P < 0.001), and appendicular (-0.6 +/- 0.6 kg; P < 0.001) fat, as determined by dual energy x-ray absorptiometry. The changes in total and trunk fat were greater (P < 0.001) than the changes with placebo. By magnetic resonance imaging, visceral adipose tissue decreased (-20.9 +/- 12 cm(2); P < 0.001), abdominal sc adipose tissue (SAT) declined (-10.7 +/- 12.1 cm(2); P = 0.043), the ratio VAT/SAT declined from 0.57 +/- 0.23 to 0.49 +/- 0.19 (P = 0.002), and proximal and distal thigh SC fat declined [-8.3 +/- 6.7 cm(2) (P < 0.001) and -2.2 +/- 3.0 kg (P = 0.004), respectively]. Changes in proximal and distal thigh SC fat with oxandrolone were different than with placebo (P = 0.018 and P = 0.059). A marker of insulin sensitivity (quantitative insulin sensitivity check index) improved with oxandrolone by 0.0041 +/- 0.0071 (P = 0.018) at study wk 12. Changes in total fat, abdominal SAT, and proximal extremity SC fat were correlated with changes in fasting insulin from baseline to study wk 12 (r >or= 0.45; P < 0.05). Losses of total fat and SAT were greater in men with baseline testosterone of 10.4 nmol/liter or less (<or= 300 ng/dl) than in those with higher levels [-2.5 +/- 1.1 vs. -1.5 +/- 0.8 kg (P = 0.036) and -24.1 +/- 14.3 vs. -2.9 +/- 21.3 cm(2) (P = 0.03), respectively]. Twelve weeks after discontinuing oxandrolone, 83% of the reductions in total, trunk, and extremity fat by dual energy x-ray absorptiometry scanning were sustained (P < 0.02). Androgen therapy, therefore, produced significant and durable reductions in regional abdominal and peripheral adipose tissue that were associated with improvements in estimates of insulin sensitivity. However, high-density lipoprotein cholesterol decreased by -0.49 +/- 0.21 mmol/liter and directly measured low-density lipoprotein cholesterol increased by 0.57 +/- 0.67 mmol/liter and non-high-density lipoprotein cholesterol increased by 0.54 +/- 0.97 mmol/liter (P < 0.03 for each) during treatment with oxandrolone; these changes were largely reversible. Thus, therapy with an androgen that does not adversely affect lipids may be beneficial for some components of the metabolic syndrome in overweight older men with low testosterone levels.
    PMID: 15472177 [PubMed - in process] Hope this clears some **** up!!

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    Test also prevents stem cells from turning into fat cells and blocks cortisol

Quote Originally Posted by juiceinthehood
    test prop less water retention
    no test helps u lose fate n
    diet cardio for fat loss
    sorry bro i did know that test burns fat

One more.

Testosterone supplementation for aging-associated sarcopenia.

Bhasin S.

Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Molecular Medicine, Charles R. Drew University, Los Angeles, California 90059, USA. [email protected]

Aging of humans is associated with a loss of muscle mass and function, and an increase in fat mass. Epidemiologic studies have demonstrated a correlation between bioavailable testosterone concentrations and fat-free mass and muscle strength. Testosterone replacement in older men with low testosterone levels increases fat-free mass and muscle strength, and decreases fat mass. However, we do not know whether testosterone replacement improves physical function and other health-related outcomes, or reduces the risk of disability, falls, or fractures in older men with low testosterone levels . The long-term risks and benefits of testosterone supplementation in older men are not known.

Quote Originally Posted by bignatt
    Test also prevents stem cells from turning into fat cells and blocks cortisol
    I know about the cortisol blocking but i didn't know about stem cell thing I thought that we were all born with our number of fat cells and that the cell don't multiply just expand.

Well i read this article about it in muscular develpment and stem cells can go either way and a supplementation of 500mg of test a week prevents stem cells from forming into fat cells

Quote Originally Posted by bignatt
    Well i read this article about it in muscular develpment and stem cells can go either way and a supplementation of 500mg of test a week prevents stem cells from forming into fat cells
    Yeah MD mag is bad ass! Who wrote the artical Dr. Jose Antonio? We don't get MD here any more i don't know WTF happened.

Dan Gwartney MD and yes MD def is the best mag ever

Thread Information