ortiz6000 is offline New Member

recieved seizure letter from US Customs

Today I recieved a seizure letter from the U.S customs, I have been ordering from overseas for about 2 years and have had over 20 packages sent to me without any problem than all of a sudden they got one. Just wondering if this has happend to anyone else and what I should do? Could this be just a fluke coincidence and I shouldn't worry?, or do I run a higher risk of being caught in the future? If this has happend to anyone else can you give some advice? Thank you

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    Shiyt happens and dont put your address on future orders, they have your name and address marked down.... last , but not least, try to find a domestic source.

gya321 is offline Member
    That sucks bro. I dont like that, everyday there is a new thread about this. Maybe it isnt a good time of year to order internationally

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure if they can track every parcel from overseas to see whether it is addressed to you or no. But you have to be careful. Chenge your name and address. Also, will they update your address once you move to another place etc? I don't know!

http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=136814

Your address and name appears in their system, once they type your address for shipping the system tells them

9000rpm is offline Member
    Easy fix. Go get a PO box now. They are only about $25 to $50 per 6 months. That way you can go check it after the post office closes and no one is there. And if that one get's a siezure notice in the future, just change PO boxes or get one at a different post office. You can play cat and mouse forever. The chances are on your side.
    Last edited by 9000rpm; 12-06-2004 at 06:36 PM.

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    Yes Get A Po Box.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimes
    Your address and name appears in their system, once they type your address for shipping the system tells them
    They can do that only after they find the item but as you know they are getting at least 1000's of mail items every day, can they check if some of these items are addressed to you (if they don't suspect it)?! Of course it is impossible to do that manually and as far as I know there is no system that can read addresses on mail items automatically (most of addresses are hand written).

But the safest way is to get a PO Box as 3000rpm said.

9000rpm is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex2
    Of course it is impossible to do that manually and as far as I know there is no system that can read addresses on mail items automatically (most of addresses are hand written).
    The name and address is entered manually into a computer and the computer prints a barcode onto the package. This is how they track things with their computer systems. I think some letters are read using letter recognition software. The stuff that couldn't be read is either manually keyed in, or simply sorted the old fassioned way,...by hand.

You still really have nothing to worry about. With millions of packages and letters being sorted daily, the odds are HEAVILY in you favor for items slipping through.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex2
    But the safest way is to get a PO Box as 3000rpm said.
    That's 9000rpm! VTEC doesn't even kick in until 6000rpm! I'm probably speaking greek to you though.

Angelis is offline Banned
    just wondering here... if you receive a seizure letter, even if you go get a POBOX wouldnt it still show your name is flagged when they type it in... so when u order again from the POBOX you should use a fake name right?

thanks 900rpm... its all a system... if not tracking and all that crap wouldnt be very easy, lol

Susguy is offline Associate Member
    bro i think it does.. i got flagged down for some clen .. def will be switching to domestic.. this is the 2nd seizure i had in this year.. and i used different names and different addresses.. da*n customs..

Quote Originally Posted by Susguy
    bro i think it does.. i got flagged down for some clen.. def will be switching to domestic.. this is the 2nd seizure i had in this year.. and i used different names and different addresses.. da*n customs..

That is interesting. Have they realized that both names and addresses belong to the same person?

Thread Information