Ryan2g is offline Junior Member

cycling while in school

I have never done a cycle during school, and I was wondering if anyone knows if it will affect my studies. I need to keep up with the books, my classes are hard as ****. Any advice, please let me know

Wrestlingkompressor is offline Associate Member
    is this a joke? IMO if you can't balance your personal life/studies/work or whatever you do adding AAS to the mix may not be a good idea. But as long as you have work ethic and know the risks...yes it can be done.

P Rock is offline Member
    as long as you have the time needed to train intensly, diet, and sleep, then you can do it. if you dont have the time for that, then i would hold off till school ends. your only going to get what you put into it.

AG5678 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan2g
    I have never done a cycle during school, and I was wondering if anyone knows if it will affect my studies. I need to keep up with the books, my classes are hard as ****. Any advice, please let me know
    Believe me its even hard doing it naturally and hitting the books (cooking,pay,eating, etc) i don't know if its a good idea. Its all up to how strong your work ethic and how much you WANT IT.

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    WHta are you a 6th grader? Really also depends on the level of education you are talking about, because a cycle takes alot of your time in diet, working out and sleep, good luck.

AG5678 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimes
    WHta are you a 6th grader? Really also depends on the level of education you are talking about, because a cycle takes alot of your time in diet, working out and sleep, good luck.
    yea good question how old are you?

9000rpm is offline Member
    What level of education are you in? High School, College? I'm in college and I have no problems. I don't exactly keep a 4.0, but I work too so I simply see college as a hurdle that needs to simply be passed. Also, if in college, are you in your first two years, those years are easy and you shouldn't have a problem with it.

Hey I didnt need you guys to come out raging at me here. I am going to graduate as a chem major and was wondering what kind of psychological/emotional effects that some of the members on this board have experienced. Just to clear that up, cuz I think u guys had the wrong idea.

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Its about balance... Im a university student right now, i play semi-pro hockey which also consumes alot of my time, i juice, i diet and weight train intensily and i do my studies all to a tee. Yes it can be done! Im living proof!

joevette is offline Banned
    I juice while in school all the time. In fact I'm on 600mg of DNP right now during finals, engineering! You just have to have self control.

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joevette
    I juice while in school all the time. In fact I'm on 600mg of DNP right now during finals, engineering! You just have to have self control.
    M.E.????

Quote Originally Posted by joevette
    You are nucking futs!!! I'm in engineering too. What year are you in. I've got about 3 semesters left. Seems like it will never end. It just amazes me how difficult an engineering degree is compared to a law or medical degree, yet we get paid so little compared to them. Granted a law or medical degree requires tons of school, but as long as you have a good memory, anyone can pass. It's all memorization. Now throw a law or medical student into calculus based physics, thermodynamics, Fluid Dynamics, materials, structures, and they would most likely fail miserably.

Hell, they don't even have to go past Calculus 1. Pussies!

smegs is offline Member
    i dunno what your talking about, but im 3rd yr honors applying to medical school next year, we need a lot more than just calculus 1, but im all the way up in canada EH so could be differnt to you yanks.

Iowa is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 9000rpm
    You are nucking futs!!! I'm in engineering too. What year are you in. I've got about 3 semesters left. Seems like it will never end. It just amazes me how difficult an engineering degree is compared to a law or medical degree, yet we get paid so little compared to them. Granted a law or medical degree requires tons of school, but as long as you have a good memory, anyone can pass. It's all memorization. Now throw a law or medical student into calculus based physics, thermodynamics, Fluid Dynamics, materials, structures, and they would most likely fail miserably.

From 1 engineer to another, im going to have to disagree. I have a B.S. in M.E. and Biology. (what a combo huh). Anyway, each are difficult in their own way.

Deeno is offline New Member
    I'm a third year commerce/business admin major up in Canada...i'll be doing calculus 1 next sem cuz i have to , I hate math....

As far as the AAS during school go, I feel when im on cycle i'm more disciplined. My day is structured and more focused. I wake up early to eat, study before class, go to class, eat, eat, eat, study, hit the gym, and hit the sack early. When i'm not on cycle I tend to get more lazy and wake up a couple hours later and I generally party more.

Quote Originally Posted by smegs
    i dunno what your talking about, but im 3rd yr honors applying to medical school next year, we need a lot more than just calculus 1, but im all the way up in canada EH so could be differnt to you yanks.
    It could be different at different schools and different countries. All my friends that are pre-med (biology) majors, only have to take Cal 1. And the physics they take isn't even calculus based. I'm sure it's no cake walk, but I think that engineers have to think in an analytical fashion. Med students need to be able to memorize tons of different things and be able to cross reference them in their heads when they see different cases.

Iowa is offline Banned
    It could be different at different schools and different countries. All my friends that are pre-med (biology) majors, only have to take Cal 1. And the physics they take isn't even calculus based. I'm sure it's no cake walk, but I think that engineers have to think in an analytical fashion. Med students need to be able to memorize tons of different things and be able to cross reference them in their heads when they see different cases.
    at iowa state I didnt have to take any calc for my biology degree. I did have to take calc 1,2,3 and differential equations, plus a theories of matrices class for M.E.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa
    at iowa state I didnt have to take any calc for my biology degree. I did have to take calc 1,2,3 and differential equations, plus a theories of matrices class for M.E.
    Same here but instead of theories of matrices, I took Linear Algebra for C.E. I'm thinking of getting a M.E. degree afterwards. I have been working at a civil firm for the last 3 years, and I just don't think it's what I want to do. I'm basically an engineer now with on the job training. I even have my own projects that I do by myself. Nothing big of course.

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Now throw a law or medical student into calculus based physics, thermodynamics, Fluid Dynamics, materials, structures, and they would most likely fail miserably.

Man, i friggin hear you with those classes.... i attend what US News calls one of the top ten engineering schools in the nation and i HATE when my friends give me **** about me always having to study or how hard my classes are..... lotta my friends are going to be teachers, their highest math - algebra. Gimme a friggin break.

Doin triple integrals involving magnetic flux and all that other bs is some of the hardest sh!t....

I have to disagree though on your statement that engineers dont make that much.... my school is pretty small and they follow all graduating students and our school reports that 98% of the graduation class gets a job WITHIN the first 6months of graduation with a starting salary of somewhere around 48-50 g's a year, not including benefits, etc. IMO, that is real good.

HA, got off topic though, sorry.... if you already handle a strict diet and workout regemin with your studying, i think you should be fine..

Good luck bro

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    Im "on" right now during my finals... no DNP though
    It doesnt affect me at all.

sauceman is offline Junior Member
    wow i thought i was the only engineering student that juiced! ha ! well its not a problem for me. pack a **** load of food everynight, grab it on my way out in the morning. workouts are rushed a little but thank god the gym here is open real late. enough sleep is hard sometimes but i cant sleep on this tren anyways so whatever. overall i dont see it as a problem, as far as emmotional problems, they havent affected my studies. the only thing that has is my eagerness to get to the gym, which i guess isnt too bad. go for it, happy growin

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    hey another engineering student here(E.E.)
    i'm ready for finals to be over! i've never studied so hard in my life!
    just got off the juice, started PCT yesterday.
    prioritize(sp?) and it can be done...

geoneo is offline Associate Member
    i know engineering school is tuff, but trust me med school is no walk in the park, in med school you have no life, granted if you have a good memory you will do quite well in med school. I did a **** load of university level math courses before going to med school, and i actually had more fun doing math then all the anatomy courses. Its **** near impossible in my experience to do a cycle and be in med school at the same time, theres simply no time for the dedication required, i'm speaking from experience i have two years left and am currently on my first cycle, and i feel like quiting the cycle just because i may be wasting my time, but regardless i still have the motivation to workout just to get rid of stress, but my diet is another question.
    happy lifting

Taejoon is offline Associate Member
    Graduating with a BS in Mechanical Engineering in 3 days. Cycled 4 times in the last two years, didn't affect my grades at all. You should be fine.

Peace

-Taejoon

millionmillionaires is offline Associate Member
    go for it ryan. As long as you aren't planning on procrastinating then you will do fine. I have two words that can sum up my experience w/ school while cycling: College + AS. I also did a cycle while working 8-12 hr days 7 days a week, managed to push out 26 lbs (every waking break was spent stuffing my face and or working out). It's def. harder, but i think you would be fine man. Keep in mind this is my opinion and your situation might be diff. than mine was. Good luck anyways bro.

Quote Originally Posted by OSTIE
    Doin triple integrals involving magnetic flux and all that other bs is some of the hardest sh!t....

I have to disagree though on your statement that engineers dont make that much.... my school is pretty small and they follow all graduating students and our school reports that 98% of the graduation class gets a job WITHIN the first 6months of graduation with a starting salary of somewhere around 48-50 g's a year, not including benefits, etc. IMO, that is real good.
    ****, there are lots of engineers here. NERDS!

Cal 2 was the hardest class for me so far, and that was like 2 years ago. The rest has been tough in just some portion of the class. Cal 2 though was **** near impossible for me. Stupid trigonometric integration!

As for the money, yes, that's pretty much what you make here in Dallas. A civil engineer usually starts between $40K and $50K before bonuses. I should be making about $55K to $60K with my experience and about 4 times the bonus of the average grad with no experience. But I honestly don't think that $40 to $50K is that much. It's not bad at all, but I'd like to be making more. Maybe I just have high expectations.

Oh, and no offense to any of you med students, I have tones of pre med friends, they are definetely way more dedicated than I am. I am just a lazy procrastinator that has been blessed with a photographic memory.
    Last edited by 9000rpm; 12-07-2004 at 07:28 AM.

naturalselection is offline Junior Member
    i am about 15 minutes from a final in humanities. you know what i did last night to get in the right frame of mind to study, what else but watch Pumping Iron and then read the latest issue of Muscle and Fitness with Arnold on the cover, then i was ready to study. good luck, it can be done, i've done 3 cycles myself all while being in school. i think the inbetween stuff like beer drinking and girls have brought my grades down the most, AAS has given me more discipline all around.

joevette is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa
    M.E.????
    Yup, senior year in mechanical engineering. I"ll be here next year too, though, 5th year. The only bad part about finals and DNP is sweating my a$$ off during the test. Well, maybe the prof will think the drops of sweat are tears and cut me a break

Im glad to hear those replies, makes me feel a lot better about it now.

Thread Information