meat is offline Associate Member

Creatine while on cycle.

a lot of debate has been going around about the use of creatine while on A/S and after PCT ,here is a study while on A/S and ill do more research to find out the benefits of use after a cycle
    All anabolic steroids are synthetic compounds whos structure is similar to that of the natural male sex hormone testosterone .Testosterone effects developement of the male body in two important ways :it has an anabolic effect-increased growth,especially of muscular and skeletal tissue and an androgenic effect- increased development of mail sexual characteristics.Once taken into the bloodstream,A/S bind to hormone receptors on skeletal muscle and other cellsand stimulate synthesis of certain specific enzymes.these enzymes promote two important biochemical reactions:creatine phosphate synthesis and protien synthesis.Creatine phosphate is a molecule that can be metabolized in the absense in sufficiant oxygen as a short term source of energy.Increased creatine phosphate sythesis thus allows athletes to train harder and for longer periods of time ,and therefor build more muscle. Protien synthesis is essential for long-term developement of increased muscle mass or bulk .In addition,A/S promote nitrogen retention by the body.By allowing for better utilization of the nitrogen in ingested protien ,A/S help athletes to build mass. However this effect is offset by the bodies homeostatic mechanisms , which are designed to maintain a stable environment :therefor in order to increase body mass by using A/S,athletes must adhere to a diet with sufficient protien and calories-up to 10,000 per day with 300-400g of protien. Question: Creatine synthesis ,if if you indrease creatine intake while on A/S will it help you get stronger.I thought it just added to the amount of water you retain? Although creatine does have testosterone - like effects,it doesnt act as a steroid hormone.Instead,its a mediator of some of the androgens anabolic effects.In fact,steroid users get fer more out of their cycles if they take massive ammounts of creatine along with the drugs.Androgens are among the hormones that can force the entry of creatine into muscle cells.While theres a clear relationship between muscle strength gains and increases in muscle creatine stores,unfortunately,the relationship is not as obvious when it comes to increases in muscle mass. Animal-based studieshave shown that the muscles of untrained rats take up as much creatine as the muscles of trained rats,but the ANABOLIC effects of creatine are only obvious in trained rats.Therefore training increases the muscles sensitivity to the anabloic actions of creatine.(Although its not related to this, the study also demonstrated that the anabolic effects of creatine are DIRECT,and not mediated by water retention.In fact,in the 1970s American and russian studies pointed out a direct anabolic effect of creatine on muscle cells.) Testosterone increases the muscles sensitivity to the anabolic properties of creatine in addition to enhancing buildup in muscle fibers.Its also obvious that part of the strength gains people experience while on steroids are mediated by an increase in muscle creatine stores. An interesting discovery A/S users have made is that they should dramatically increase their creatine intake during a cycle to boost the potency of the steroids .Thanks to creatine ,people can build more muscle mass with fewer drugs.Anectdotal evidence from A/S users points out that it takes at least 10-15 g(maintenance) of creatine a day to visibly enhance the anabolic potency of the steroid stack.There are probably good reasons for the increased creatine requirement when androgen levels are high.As mentioned above , steroids increase the muscle uptake of creatine,and if the muscles are ready to accept more creatine,why not give it to them?I also think that even though steroids enhance creatine synthesis ,they may increase creatine degradation as well-so more creatine is used up every day.That could be due to an increase in muscle creatine turnover and the fact that an elevated muscle protien synthesis rate will likely consume creatine ata faster rate. Other reasons for a higher creatine requirement may not be indirect.Because the muscles of drug users are stronger and recieve more training,they waste greater amounts of creatine during training . Once inside the muscle , creatine provides not only an anabolic effect,but also a rapidly mobilized source of fuel.Muscle protien synthesis is a process that wastes great amounts of energy.Anabolism is an ATP-dependent process,which means that its essential for protien synthesis .If the cellular level of ATP is reduced even a little ,IT STOPS ANABOLISM.So even if you increase the testosterone content of your muscles,nothing will happen if your ATP level is low.Creatine supports anabolism by providing energy to the muscle... none of the studies where researched or performed myself,i will find more conclusive information on the effects creatine has post cycle until then,i hope this helps good luck.

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    I think it would cause too much water bloat, plus be hard on the liver a friend of mine had to go to the hospital, because he didnt read right and was doing four scoops a day for like a month... its an interesting article, anybody do both at the same time, and what where the results?

insanepump621 is offline Member
    my buddy who has been usin for a while he has taken the esterfied creatine by pinnacle and he says it might a little... but he says his gains are so much from the gear that its hard to tell which is actually just from the creatine or the gear. he claims that using it for pct is better.

meat is offline Associate Member
    yea, i believe it will be better post cycle to aid in keeping gains while your body adjusts back to normal...im going to do some more reading about it and then ill post and you guys can tell me what you think

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimes
    I think it would cause too much water bloat, plus be hard on the liver a friend of mine had to go to the hospital, because he didnt read right and was doing four scoops a day for like a month... its an interesting article, anybody do both at the same time, and what where the results?
    Sorry to hear about your boy but at 20 ed for 5 years creatine did not affect the body in a negetive way. Use the creatine, for those of use who respond to it it's GREAT stuff!

9000rpm is offline Member
    Why not use it, it's cheap.

IronRuffy is offline Associate Member
    My kidneys just don't accept creatine, almost feels like I just finished a long cycle with anadrol every time I use it for more than a couple days....

But good research!
    Last edited by IronRuffy; 12-07-2004 at 10:32 PM. Reason: addition

9000rpm is offline Member
    The only side effect I get from creatine are the pudding $hits when loading and some disgusting farts that would choke a dead man.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 9000rpm
    The only side effect I get from creatine are the pudding $hits when loading and some disgusting farts that would choke a dead man.
    I just lost my appetite

moush is offline Senior Member
    save the creatine for post cycle...no need to run it during cycle

Thread Information