Trina is offline Female Member

Winstrol tabs vs inj

Hi, I am posting this question for a male friend of mine. He has done both tabs and inj. in the past but it's been a long time and he isn't sure of the best winstrol cycle.He doesn't care for shots but would do the injectable if it is the better of the two.

Can anyone recommend either tabs or injectable and what would be the cycle for each one?????

Thanks

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    If he doesn't want to go with injecting then the tablets are every bit as good in my opinion. I've used both, and prefer the tablets. But just because their easier to take, there's no loss in effect. As regards a cycle, well depends on what he hopes to achieve and what he's running it with. But I normally go with (depending on finances!!) 50-100mg EOD or ED. I'd also recommend running it with Deca to help with dry joints. Hope thats some help.

Thanks for the info. His other concern is the tab's effect on the liver. Are they a lot worse on the liver than the inj.? I know he can take milk thistle for the liver. Also, he plans on doing a winstrol only cycle. Any suggestions?

Jackman is offline Banned
    i think the tabs are better for me imo. it is much easier to take 25mg 2x a day with winnies 12hour half life than to take 2 injections a day.

What is half life and the importance of it? I have an idea of what it is, but I'm not exactly sure. What is it's importance when timing you dosage?

9000rpm is offline Member
    Good info.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Trina
    What is half life and the importance of it? I have an idea of what it is, but I'm not exactly sure. What is it's importance when timing you dosage?
    The half life of the drug is when its at its peak dosage in the body, after which its concentration in your body starts to drop. So to stop the winny levels flutuating in the body you want to know the half life of the drug. Winny has a very short half life, can't remember right now, but its why people inject it every other day (EOD) or every day (ED).

Winny only cycles are VERY hard on your joints. It tends to 'dry up' the joints, leading to great pain and discomfort in some people.

xclusivex is offline New Member
    I have a different opinion.. personally i like the Injectable better, for me its alot easier to inject in the morning (or night) once a day and not worry about having to take tablets at a set time.. one member recommended taking 25mg twice a day.. while some people say to split it up into 10mg 5x a day. from what i remember hearing the tabs have a 6hr half life to where injectable have a 24hr half life (im not positive on this information though), either way you can't go wrong it just boils down to personal preferance

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    they go through your liver either way so just take it orally.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billy_ba
    they go through your liver either way so just take it orally.
    That is true but they pass through your liver twice orally... just tell your friend to get some liver protectants

yup liver protectants ASAP. Otherwise you will get the same effect as from taking inject. Good luck, im on oral winny as we speak, day two though so im not too sure how it will end up.

Thanks for all the great info eveyone. I will pass it on to him

zodiac66 is offline Associate Member
    Questions for those who have tried oral winny- did you all experience joint pain? how bad was it? I'm talking just running it with test and no deca .

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zodiac66
    Questions for those who have tried oral winny- did you all experience joint pain? how bad was it? I'm talking just running it with test and no deca.
    you can take glucosamine for joint pain also

Can J Vet Res. 2000 Oct;64(4):246-8.

The effect of stanozolol on 15nitrogen retention in the dog.

Olson ME, Morck DW, Quinn KB.

Animal Health Unit and Gastrointestinal Sciences, University of Calgary, Alberta. [email protected]

The objective of the study was to determine the influence of either oral or intramuscular administration of stanozolol on nitrogen retention in dogs by using a non-invasive 15N-amino acid tracer technique. Ten healthy, intact, adult male sled dogs received either stanozolol tablets, 2 mg/dog PO, q12h, for 25 days (Group 1, n = 5) or an intramuscular injection of 25 mg of stanozolol on Days 7, 14, 21, and 28 (Group 2, n = 5). A 15N amino acid (5.27 mmol) was infused intravenously into each dog on Day 0 (before stanozolol treatment) and on Day 31 (after stanozolol treatment). Urine was collected by catheterization from each animal 3 times daily for 3 consecutive days. The 15N-urea enrichment in urine was determined by high-resolution mass spectrometry and the total amount of urea in the urine was determined. Both oral and injectable stanozolol resulted in significant (P < 0.05) increases in amino acid nitrogen retention compared to pretreatment values. Oral stanozolol increased nitrogen retention from 29.2 +/- 8.2% to 50.3 +/- 9.2%, while stanozolol injection increased nitrogen retention from 26.6 +/- 9.9% to 67.0 +/- 7.5%. The response to intramuscular administration was significantly greater than the response to the oral dosing regime . Stanozolol increases amino acid nitrogen retention in dogs, as has been previously observed in rats. This action of stanozolol may be beneficial in dogs under stress of surgical trauma and chronic disease.

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Can J Vet Res. 2000 Oct;64(4):246-8.

The effect of stanozolol on 15nitrogen retention in the dog.

Olson ME, Morck DW, Quinn KB.

Animal Health Unit and Gastrointestinal Sciences, University of Calgary, Alberta. [email protected]

The objective of the study was to determine the influence of either oral or intramuscular administration of stanozolol on nitrogen retention in dogs by using a non-invasive 15N-amino acid tracer technique. Ten healthy, intact, adult male sled dogs received either stanozolol tablets, 2 mg/dog PO, q12h, for 25 days (Group 1, n = 5) or an intramuscular injection of 25 mg of stanozolol on Days 7, 14, 21, and 28 (Group 2, n = 5). A 15N amino acid (5.27 mmol) was infused intravenously into each dog on Day 0 (before stanozolol treatment) and on Day 31 (after stanozolol treatment). Urine was collected by catheterization from each animal 3 times daily for 3 consecutive days. The 15N-urea enrichment in urine was determined by high-resolution mass spectrometry and the total amount of urea in the urine was determined. Both oral and injectable stanozolol resulted in significant (P < 0.05) increases in amino acid nitrogen retention compared to pretreatment values. Oral stanozolol increased nitrogen retention from 29.2 +/- 8.2% to 50.3 +/- 9.2%, while stanozolol injection increased nitrogen retention from 26.6 +/- 9.9% to 67.0 +/- 7.5%. The response to intramuscular administration was significantly greater than the response to the oral dosing regime . Stanozolol increases amino acid nitrogen retention in dogs, as has been previously observed in rats. This action of stanozolol may be beneficial in dogs under stress of surgical trauma and chronic disease.
    ill keep this in mind if i decide to put my rotti on a cycle lol

Question

My friend had another question. How long should he do the winstrol if he's doing it alone?? And should he start out @ 50mg ed or eod or a lower dose and then increase it? Sorry for so many questions, he's just trying to get as informed as possible. Thanks all.
    Last edited by Trina; 12-09-2004 at 08:09 AM.

I think I found my answer under another thread. 6-8wks max.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    if its oral 6 weeks if its IM 8 weeks

Thanks a bunch for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by xclusivex
    I have a different opinion.. personally i like the Injectable better, for me its alot easier to inject in the morning (or night) once a day and not worry about having to take tablets at a set time.. one member recommended taking 25mg twice a day.. while some people say to split it up into 10mg 5x a day. from what i remember hearing the tabs have a 6hr half life to where injectable have a 24hr half life (im not positive on this information though), either way you can't go wrong it just boils down to personal preferance
    bro there no difference its the same drug! both i believe are 12 hours and is why you take it 2x a day

Quote Originally Posted by juiceinthehood
    ill keep this in mind if i decide to put my rotti on a cycle lol
    ok well i dont have a tail between my legs and they both worked same for me.

Thread Information