AG5678 is offline Member

Arimidex and Letro

I have a quick question that i am very interested about. I have heard before that Arimidex and Letro help prevent the closing of growth plates? About 2 weeks ago someone asked this and i don't think it was answered. I would appreciate all the help and even some places to back up your answer to search more about it.

Peace

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    News to me. I'll bump it for ya.

AG5678 is offline Member
    im guessing no one knows the answer to this question or they have just never ever heard about this before.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    IF that is even remotely true, you would need to be running it pre-adolescence and continue for a while.

your lipid profile would be all screwed up, and it isn't like you are going to grow an extra 6 inches.

maybe i'm wrong, but my gut feeling is there is no evidence to support the claim.

letrozole increases IGF levels, so this in effect could contribute to added bone growth as well as height, but nothing dramatic.

AG5678 is offline Member
    yea thats true about not growing an extra 6 but im 18 going on 19 soon and i still have some more growth and just exploring what i could do to see if something could prevent my growth plates from closing

AG5678 is offline Member
    any other info

Iowa is offline Banned
    go to www.pubmed.com and try to find a study.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by daem
    IF that is even remotely true, you would need to be running it pre-adolescence and continue for a while.

your lipid profile would be all screwed up, and it isn't like you are going to grow an extra 6 inches.

maybe i'm wrong, but my gut feeling is there is no evidence to support the claim.

letrozole increases IGF levels, so this in effect could contribute to added bone growth as well as height, but nothing dramatic.
    K.O.M posted proof to this claim a while back, i'll find it.

AG5678 is offline Member
    thanks bros im going to search all about this tom

Peace

Dunkel L, Wickman S.

Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Helsinki, PO Box 281, Helsinki 00029 HUS, Finland.

Estrogens have an essential role in the regulation of bone maturation and importantly in the closure of growth plates in both sexes. This prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled study was undertaken to evaluate whether suppression of estrogen synthesis in pubertal boys delays bone maturation and ultimately results in increased adult height. A total of 23 boys with constitutional delay of puberty (CDP) received a conventional, low-dose testosterone treatment for inducing progression of puberty. Eleven of these 23 boys were randomized to receive a specific and potent P450-aromatase inhibitor, letrozole , for suppression of estrogen action, and 12 boys were randomized to receive placebo. Estradiol concentrations in the letrozole-treated boys remained at the pretreatment level during the administration of letrozole, whereas the concentrations increased during the treatment with testosterone alone and during spontaneous progression of puberty. Testosterone concentrations increased in all groups, but during the letrozole treatment, the increase was more than fivefold higher than in the group treated with testosterone alone. The inhibition of estrogen synthesis delayed bone maturation. The slower bone maturation in the boys treated with testosterone and letrozole, despite higher androgen concentrations, than in the boys treated with testosterone indicate that estrogens are more important than androgens in regulation of bone maturation in pubertal boys. During the 18 months follow-up, an increase of 5.1 cm in predicted adult height was observed in the boys who received testosterone and letrozole, but no change was seen in the boys who received testosterone alone or in the untreated boys. This finding indicates that an increase in adult height can be attained in growing adolescent boys by inhibiting of estrogen action.

9000rpm is offline Member
    Wow, I wish I knew that when I was about 16 years old. Kinda too late for me sitting here at 5'5" and 26 years old. It kinda makes sense seeing how women in menopause have problems with osteoperosis. There's probably some link there.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Dunkel L, Wickman S.

Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Helsinki, PO Box 281, Helsinki 00029 HUS, Finland.

Estrogens have an essential role in the regulation of bone maturation and importantly in the closure of growth plates in both sexes. This prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled study was undertaken to evaluate whether suppression of estrogen synthesis in pubertal boys delays bone maturation and ultimately results in increased adult height. A total of 23 boys with constitutional delay of puberty (CDP) received a conventional, low-dose testosterone treatment for inducing progression of puberty. Eleven of these 23 boys were randomized to receive a specific and potent P450-aromatase inhibitor, letrozole , for suppression of estrogen action, and 12 boys were randomized to receive placebo. Estradiol concentrations in the letrozole-treated boys remained at the pretreatment level during the administration of letrozole, whereas the concentrations increased during the treatment with testosterone alone and during spontaneous progression of puberty. Testosterone concentrations increased in all groups, but during the letrozole treatment, the increase was more than fivefold higher than in the group treated with testosterone alone. The inhibition of estrogen synthesis delayed bone maturation. The slower bone maturation in the boys treated with testosterone and letrozole, despite higher androgen concentrations, than in the boys treated with testosterone indicate that estrogens are more important than androgens in regulation of bone maturation in pubertal boys. During the 18 months follow-up, an increase of 5.1 cm in predicted adult height was observed in the boys who received testosterone and letrozole, but no change was seen in the boys who received testosterone alone or in the untreated boys. This finding indicates that an increase in adult height can be attained in growing adolescent boys by inhibiting of estrogen action.
    I just want to let you know i appreciate all the studies you post

Quote Originally Posted by bignatt
    I just want to let you know i appreciate all the studies you post
    I just want to let you know i appreciate that you appreciate all the studies i post . Thanks Bro.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    haha no problem

AG5678 is offline Member
    thanks bros helped out alot

Thread Information