Tankass is offline Senior Member

Exclamation Time for me to vent.

I love hanging on AR and reading and helping people to the best of my personal knowledge, but the thing that annoys me are the repeated questions. I always do a search before any post I make. Is it too hard to ask others to do the same. As I scroll down the forum I must see 8 to 10 repeat questions at any given time. It takes up space and bumps down other questions of people who have done there research and are looking for answers they haven't found or are looking for a second opinion. All I am asking is that people take the 2-3 mins to do a search odds are that 99.9% of the time you will find what your looking for. Sorry for WASTING BOARD SPACE but I felt the need to Vent.

-g

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    dont be saying sorry! perfectly valid post and i think more people should take the time to use the search function.

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    seems like everyone's venting today!

I'd agree, some people should do even SOME searches
    *cough* doofy

MindBomb is offline Member
    gsims, I feel you bro.

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    i never get tired of answering questions. some don't know to search or aren't good at finding what they're looking for. if it weren't for repeated questions, there'd be no traffic on the board anymore.

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    nice point Dr. Evil, I feel the same way about questions. Except if there very repetitive.

Diesel your right about the search option screwing with you a bit, when your trying to find something.

interesting views guys/gals!

utah pump is offline Junior Member
    I agree with Diesel. I have used the search button only to have 200 posts show up. I have spent hours reading through them before finding the question I was looking for. I see it both ways, do the search and if you have not found the answer within 10-15 posts then ask the question on a new post. I was on the board for a good 4 months using the search function and I learned a lot of great info. Not to mention when I did ask a question I knew what to ask and how to ask it.

It is a valid post though gsims

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Well guys, I agree and disagree, searching can be a pain, but again, it is always better to get new imput on an old question. For Instance, someone's goals may be different from the person who asked the question. I like Dr. Evil, love answering questions and helpin folks out, but the same ole questions sometimes does get boring, especially when you have answered the same question over and over.
    most of the questions I get tired of answering, can be found not only on the message board, but directly on the site itself. Give you an example. Everyone asks, "how much clomid do I take and when do I take it"? If anyone would go to "cycles for the novice" link on the main page, they can look at "sample cycles", and one can see how Clomid is used.
    My point is, that question is a question is a question...
    However, I will sometimes briefly answer questions and instuct the person "for more info" do a search, if i know the question has been answered before.
    I feel that for all the help I have gotten from the Mods and other members here, that have been here as long as I have, I feel I have to give back, and help folks the way those guys helped me. That is what keeps this board going. So one day, all these "Junior members" and so on, will be Senior members and (hopefully gain knowledge) such as I to instruct the newbies that come when they have moved on. and so on and so on. blah blah blah, I am blabberin now.. okay let me stop..

gymnut4u is offline Member
    Bump bro :BIG BUMP !!!!!!

Mr LuCiFa is offline Junior Member
    i always do a search, and i almost always find what i'm lookin for

its 1 outa 10 times that i wont find it, and thas when i ask
    but if u make an honest effort to look, most of the questions asked are answered

search, if u cant help urself, dont expect ne1 else to

i've learned quite a bit in the past year, but a lot of it was by searching on different boards, nto just one, and getting answers
    so i hate it when people are too lazy, and just ask a question, a basic question, which anyone can assume has been answered before. and in that case, i dont even bother giving ne input to those threads

Thread Information