Cuttup is offline Senior Member

Getting LAB WORK before 1st cycle?

I was told its best to get my testorone levels checked before my first cycle. should i get a complete physical,.bloodwork, the wholw 9. thanks.

d.b
    d.b is offline Associate Member
    Yes you should...its a good idea to get a baseline to start from...

peace

db

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Before every cycle and after, I always have bloodwork done.

There are many complications you can prevent i.e. damage to your lipid profile.

Bloodwork will also allow you to assess your current condition and give you a baseline of what your body was like prior to a cycle.

Ask for a full screen and you will get some useful knowledge about yourself that you might not have thought about, or even wondered about.

Getting work done post cycle is something I recommend, but not many do it.

The closer you are monitoring your general health, the longer you will live and be able to deal with issues that come up before they do severe damage.

Do a search on what a full screen consists of so you can tell your doctor what you want included if he doesn't feel it falls under a "full screen" since every doc is different.

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    its a good idea

Matrix78 is offline Associate Member
    for some one who doesnt have ins or anything how much is blood work? it cant be that much can it?

Thanks a bunch guys..

Quote Originally Posted by daem
    Before every cycle and after, I always have bloodwork done.

There are many complications you can prevent i.e. damage to your lipid profile.

Bloodwork will also allow you to assess your current condition and give you a baseline of what your body was like prior to a cycle.

Ask for a full screen and you will get some useful knowledge about yourself that you might not have thought about, or even wondered about.

Getting work done post cycle is something I recommend, but not many do it.

The closer you are monitoring your general health, the longer you will live and be able to deal with issues that come up before they do severe damage.

Do a search on what a full screen consists of so you can tell your doctor what you want included if he doesn't feel it falls under a "full screen" since every doc is different.

sooner45 is offline Member
    Just out of curiosiy will any basic health coverage cover this??? And what reason would you tell them why you want it done? Obviously you wouldnt tell them cause your fixin to do steroids ! haha

Quote Originally Posted by sooner45
    Just out of curiosiy will any basic health coverage cover this??? And what reason would you tell them why you want it done? Obviously you wouldnt tell them cause your fixin to do steroids! haha

Im very tempted to just come out and tell him what the deal is.

d.b
    I would not do that if i was you...it will follow you for life...

peace

db

d.b
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner45
    Just out of curiosiy will any basic health coverage cover this??? And what reason would you tell them why you want it done? Obviously you wouldnt tell them cause your fixin to do steroids! haha
    Yes health insurance will cover this...just tell your doc that you are having problems with your sex drive...and you feel weak...

peace

db

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Definitely tell the doctor to make something up. If you do not, and it is a considered a "preventive" physical then the insurance will not pay for it. Well, I think they pay for 1 a year, but I get one done through whom I work with (which is where my insurance comes from) in the beginning of the year and they pick up the tab on that one. But for the one I got a few months ago, the doctor didn't make it look like I was sick or anything, so the insurance wouldn't pick up the tab.

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    Definitely tell the doctor to make something up. If you do not, and it is a considered a "preventive" physical then the insurance will not pay for it. Well, I think they pay for 1 a year, but I get one done through whom I work with (which is where my insurance comes from) in the beginning of the year and they pick up the tab on that one. But for the one I got a few months ago, the doctor didn't make it look like I was sick or anything, so the insurance wouldn't pick up the tab.

so me walking in saying." Doc after all these years ive decided to do steroids and I think its a good idea to have all my test levels and blood work done so that i can make sure im staying healthy as a result of these steroids" isnt such a good idea and may end up costing me?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuttup
    so me walking in saying." Doc after all these years ive decided to do steroids and I think its a good idea to have all my test levels and blood work done so that i can make sure im staying healthy as a result of these steroids" isnt such a good idea and may end up costing me?
    no, not saying that. i went to a doc and didn't tell him anything. said just wanted some blood work done, told him everything i wanted checked.

tell him you're feeling ill or something and you feel like your blood levels aren't stable. make something up or have him make something up. he gets paid either way - you or the insurance.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    no, not saying that. i went to a doc and didn't tell him anything. said just wanted some blood work done, told him everything i wanted checked.

tell him you're feeling ill or something and you feel like your blood levels aren't stable. make something up or have him make something up. he gets paid either way - you or the insurance.
    Exactly. Blood work is something you can ask for easily. When it comes to Test levels, he might ask why you want that done. Just say your sex drive seems low, your mood is off, etc... Just tell him you've done research and would like to find out what your levels are.

cool, thanks guys,..I want to make sure all is well before starting this first cycle, also although this is not the important thing here, what do you think my chances are of him prescribing a small amount of test? I guess they would actually have to be someone low in order to do so.

Matrix78 is offline Associate Member
    so how much is the tab on blood work?

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuttup
    cool, thanks guys,..I want to make sure all is well before starting this first cycle, also although this is not the important thing here, what do you think my chances are of him prescribing a small amount of test? I guess they would actually have to be someone low in order to do so.
    There are clinics that specialize in this. I will be looking into that next year. They do a blood test to cover their asses and then perscribe the gear, which they sell from their own pharmacy at rather inflationary prices. Different clinics probably have different standards on what/how much they will sell you. Since they know exactly what the blood work is for, they shouldn't make a big deal or share the info with your regular docs or job or insurance, since you will be paying cash.

I think the blood test runs around $170. I assume they assay your test levels and also lipids and maybe liver enzymes. Worth researching, if you can pay out of pocket, I think.

BE SURE TO GIVE ME A SHOUT WHEN THIS KICKS OFF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    There are clinics that specialize in this. I will be looking into that next year. They do a blood test to cover their asses and then perscribe the gear, which they sell from their own pharmacy at rather inflationary prices. Different clinics probably have different standards on what/how much they will sell you. Since they know exactly what the blood work is for, they shouldn't make a big deal or share the info with your regular docs or job or insurance, since you will be paying cash.

I think the blood test runs around $170. I assume they assay your test levels and also lipids and maybe liver enzymes. Worth researching, if you can pay out of pocket, I think.

Thread Information