biguns is offline New Member

Tightness in chest after injection

Hey guys...I'm one week into a QV Test E(500mg/wk) and EQ(400mg/wk) cycle and am getting tightness in my chest within minutes after injecting.It lasts around 3 hrs. I'm 31 yrs old in good shape, low BP(even during the tightness), and low cholesterol. I always aspirate so I know I didn't hit a vein.I've used this EQ in the past with no problems but this is my first time with QV test...anyone ever experience this and also anybody know what QV uses to cut their enanthate with. I'll probabally go see a doc but it's hard to find one who will give you an unbiased opinion. Thanks in advance

Jackman is offline Banned
    bro your shooting oild in your chest! of cource it is going to get tight! why see a doctor? what do you exspect him to say?

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackman
    bro your shooting oild in your chest! of cource it is going to get tight! why see a doctor? what do you exspect him to say?
    i think he is talking about heart and lungs tightness meaning chest and not pecs.
    Last edited by D-END; 12-10-2004 at 12:17 AM.

I'm injecting into the glutes,not my pecs.

Jackman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D-END
    i think he is talking about heart and lungs tightness meaning chest and not pecs.
    oh my bad im on a role tonight, yea def see a doctor good luck bro hope everything is ok!

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackman
    oh my bad im on a role tonight, yea def see a doctor good luck bro hope everything is ok!
    hahahah I see you let the noob get to you buddy..

bump

ironpumpindoc is offline Junior Member
    are you bleeding when you pull the needle out, if so you have vein access for the oil . . . it is rarely a big problem unless you inject directly into the vein. You can see a doctor, but most will tell you "stop using the juice". Are you rotating injection sites to thighs, glutes, delts, or even bi's/calves etc. This should help, and always shoot after a hot shower. This condition can be serious if you don't watch it. You could get what is called a pulomonary embolism if you are not careful.

d.b
    d.b is offline Associate Member
    Does it take a lot of air to cause a pulomonary embolism???

I would say its in your head...check your pulse i bet you are stressing yourself out...take some deep breaths and RELAX....If that doesnt work go get a ekg done...

peace

db

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by d.b
    I would say its in your head...
    My thoughts too. Just nerves bro...relax...you'll be fine. Probably a little bit of panick attacks too.

It takes a sh*t load of air (more than 3cc's directly into a vein) to give you a heart attack.

ironpumpindoc is offline Junior Member
    pulmonary embolism doesn't really have much to do with air. It it just a thrombus usually that breaks loose from an injury to the vein, and occludes the pulmonary artery cutting off circulation. I am not saying that this is what is happening, but it is a possibility with any type of vein injury. This can happen whenever injections are done. I am not trying to scare anyone, but different drugs have a propensity to find veins . . . like fina. I got heavy chested with almost every injection. And you guys know about the fina cough . . . your lungs are not built to handle oil.

d.b
    Background: Pulmonary embolism (PE) is an extremely common and highly lethal condition that is a leading cause of death in all age groups. A good clinician actively seeks the diagnosis as soon as any suspicion of PE whatsoever is warranted, because prompt diagnosis and treatment can dramatically reduce the mortality rate and morbidity of the disease. Unfortunately, the diagnosis is missed far more often than it is made, because PE often causes only vague and nonspecific symptoms.

The most sobering lessons about PE are those obtained from a careful study of the autopsy literature. Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and PE are much more common than usually realized. Most patients with DVT develop PE and the majority of cases are unrecognized clinically. Untreated, approximately one third of patients who survive an initial PE die of a future embolic episode. This is true whether the initial embolism is small or large.

Most patients who die of PE have not had any diagnostic workup, nor have they received any prophylaxis for the disease. In most cases, the diagnosis has not even been considered, even when classic signs and symptoms are documented in the medical chart. Sadly, appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic management often is withheld even when the potential diagnosis of PE has been considered explicitly and documented in the chart.

Pathophysiology: Pulmonary thromboembolism is not a disease in and of itself. Rather, it is an often fatal complication of underlying venous thrombosis. Under normal conditions, microthrombi (tiny aggregates of red cells, platelets, and fibrin) are formed and lysed continually within the venous circulatory system. This dynamic equilibrium ensures local hemostasis in response to injury without permitting uncontrolled propagation of clot. Under pathological conditions, microthrombi may escape the normal fibrinolytic system to grow and propagate. PE occurs when these propagating clots break loose and embolize to block pulmonary blood vessels.

Thrombosis in the veins is triggered by venostasis, hypercoagulability, and vessel wall inflammation. These 3 underlying causes are known as the Virchow triad. All known clinical risk factors for DVT and PE have their basis in one or more of the triad.

Patients who have undergone gynecologic surgery, those with major trauma, and those with indwelling venous catheters may have DVTs that start at any location. For other patients, lower extremity venous thrombosis nearly always starts in the calf veins, which are involved in virtually 100% of all cases of symptomatic spontaneous lower extremity DVT. Although DVT starts in the calf veins, it already has propagated above the knee in 87% of symptomatic patients before the diagnosis is made.

Studies suggest that nearly every patient with thrombus in the upper leg or thigh will have a PE if a sensitive enough test is done to look for it. Current techniques allow us to demonstrate PE in 60-80% of these patients, even though about half have no clinical symptoms to suggest PE. Thrombus in the popliteal segment of the femoral vein (the segment behind the knee) is the cause of PE in more than 60% of cases.

PE can arise from DVT anywhere in the body. Fatal PE often results from thrombus that originates in the axillary or subclavian veins (deep veins of the arm or shoulder) or in veins of the pelvis. Thrombus that forms around indwelling central venous catheters is a common cause of fatal PE.

The belief that calf vein DVT is only a minor threat is outdated and inaccurate. DVT of the calf is a significant source of PE and often causes serious morbidity or death. In fact, one third of the cases of massive PE have their only identified source in the veins of the calf. One important autopsy study showed that more than 35% of patients who died from PE had isolated calf vein thrombosis. Other studies have shown that the overall frequency of PE from DVT isolated to the small deep veins of the calf is 33-46%. Most of the time, emboli from calf veins are of smaller caliber than those from more proximal venous segments, but not all emboli from calf veins are small. Even a very narrow vein can produce a long, sinuous clot that can cause hemodynamic collapse, and approximately 40% of PEs from calf veins produce perfusion scan defects that are large or massive.

Calf emboli that are very small carry their own special risks. In a 1993 study of patients with identifiable thrombi causing paradoxical embolization through a patent foramen ovale, the source was isolated to the calf veins in 15 of 24 cases.

Your right bro i was thinking of Venous Air Embolism...

peace

db

I'm just shooting glutes right now..switching sides every injection but i've only done 3 injections...and yes there has been some bleeding after the shots..needles don't really bother me and I've never had this before so I don't think it's nerves or anxiety...that's why I was thinking mabey it was the QV test.Thanks. P..S. My BP and pulse were both good during the tightness I was talking about.

d.b
    You could be having a little allergic reaction to the BA level in the compound...Try taking some Benydrel before your next shot...

peace

db

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    You could be having a little allergic reaction to the BA level in the compound...Try taking some Benydrel before your next shot...

peace

db
    He would know if he is allergic to colognes. Lots of BA in those things.

d.b
    Yes MBH but nothing like injecting it...

peace

db

ProVet is offline Banned
    IMO..this could be do to anxiety as well as a reaction to the BA in the solution. The reason we aspirate is to make sure the needle has not stopped inside a veign. So if we have passed through a veign the solution can still back track a little to the veign causing it to be mixed with our oxygen uptake levels. Now if it really lasts for 3 or 4 hours then it is almost certainly a reaction to the BA content. *This is not medical advice.
    Last edited by ProVet; 12-10-2004 at 01:39 PM.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse

peace

db
    I agree. Sounds like an allergy, since it is happening with every shot. Also could be allergy to the oil. Remember these are vegetable oils. Sesamee oil in particular can be an allergy trigger. It sounds minor and possibly manageable so the benadryl experiment might be worth trying. Then again make sure you can get to the hospital PDQ if something bad happens... just in case. Don't be alone when you shoot! You just never know, with allergic reactions.

Thread Information