jlewis1111 is offline Banned

***Letro(Ferma) Update Not Good*****

well i have been on my cycle for the last 3 weeks been using letro for a week befrore my cycle and now for three weeks already had a little gyno from previous cycles i know i should get it taken care of but have done cycles before and been able to manage it. Well my gyno has gotten worse with LETRO been using 2.0 ed so i stopped a few days from taking LETRO my nipple was sore as hell. I started taking nolva at 20mg a day and now on the 4th day of it and my nipple isnt sore and seems to be under control so my opinion on this letro is it SUCKS but thats my opinion it might work for someone else but im sticking with the nolva and picking up some liquidex anyways take care and also y bother with letro and not being able to have sex with ur girl since ur sex drive is gone arimidex dosent do that either does nolva well im rambling now but just hated i wasted the money on Letro

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Isn't Letro used as an antiestrogen to stop conversion??? Letro isn't used to treat gyno.

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jlewis1111
    well i have been on my cycle for the last 3 weeks been using letro for a week befrore my cycle and now for three weeks already had a little gyno from previous cycles i know i should get it taken care of but have done cycles before and been able to manage it. Well my gyno has gotten worse with LETRO been using 2.0 ed so i stopped a few days from taking LETRO my nipple was sore as hell. I started taking nolva at 20mg a day and now on the 4th day of it and my nipple isnt sore and seems to be under control so my opinion on this letro is it SUCKS but thats my opinion it might work for someone else but im sticking with the nolva and picking up some liquidex anyways take care and also y bother with letro and not being able to have sex with ur girl since ur sex drive is gone arimidex dosent do that either does nolva well im rambling now but just hated i wasted the money on Letro

yea it is but why was it gettng bigger and sore and then like overnight with nolva by itself it doesnt hurt anymore and isnt puffy answer that one

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    From what I understand you need to take Letro for several weeks before it will build up in your system. I saw that on a post by either Lion or Hooker, can't remember. Do a search and you might find it.

I don't think the gyno was getting worse from the Letro, but from your gear.

Also, Letro prevents conversion to estrogen. What gear are you on? Maybe you were suffering from progesterone gyno which Letro will not help with.

Someone tell me if I am wrong.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Monkeytown; 12-10-2004 at 08:53 AM.

yea it is but why was it gettng bigger and sore and then like overnight with nolva by itself it doesnt hurt anymore and isnt puffy answer that one
    Because Nolvadex is used to treat gyno. Of course it worked. You need to take the appropriate medication to treat sides. It's like you're taking the wrong thing then calling it bunk.

d.b
    d.b is offline Associate Member
    Why in the h*ll would you go on cycle having gyno problems...come on bro think...

peace

db

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Isn't Letro used as an antiestrogen to stop conversion??? Letro isn't used to treat gyno.
    Letro is used to treat estrogen dependant tumors. It's should get rid of gyno because gyno is...........well estrogen dependant!.

Bro you should start the letro 3 wk out not 1. I don't understand how you gyno could have gotten worse with letro usage.

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Letro is used to treat estrogen dependant tumors. It's should get rid of gyno because gyno is...........well estrogen dependant!.

Bro you should start the letro 3 wk out not 1. I don't understand how you gyno could have gotten worse with letro usage.
    Thanks for the clearing that up.

ok guys why when i say i dropped the letro and started using the nolvadex my nipple wasnt sore anymore and wasnt as puffy answer that y when taking the letro alone i was getting the symptons i was but not with the nolvadex you guys are completly missing the point here the point is i used letro my gyno acted up i stopped the letro started using nolva now everything is in check hopefully you guys will understand now everyone is saying letro is the bomb well its not

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    ok guys why when i say i dropped the letro and started using the nolvadex my nipple wasnt sore anymore and wasnt as puffy answer that y when taking the letro alone i was getting the symptons i was but not with the nolvadex you guys are completly missing the point here the point is i used letro my gyno acted up i stopped the letro started using nolva now everything is in check hopefully you guys will understand now everyone is saying letro is the bomb well its not
    Don't you think the letro was destroying the breast tissue? That's why it acted up. I just don't know why letro should make your gyno worse.

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    Dude do some f--in research. Letro is to stop water retention. Would you take L-dex for gyno? NO!!! The reason your nips stoped hurtin wasnt because you stoped takin letro it was because you stared taking nolva. You should be taking them together. Especially if you have a gyno problem already, that is AAS 101. hundreds of bros on here have gyno probs but they use NOLVA for it!!!!!!!!!!!! Read up before you have bigger tits than your girlfriend. I don't mean to sound harsh but, cmon bro alittle effort on your part will go a long way. By the way Letro is the ****. Keepin me dry as a bone!

Matrix78 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoLifter
    Dude do some f--in research. Letro is to stop water retention. Would you take L-dex for gyno? NO!!! The reason your nips stoped hurtin wasnt because you stoped takin letro it was because you stared taking nolva. You should be taking them together. Especially if you have a gyno problem already, that is AAS 101. hundreds of bros on here have gyno probs but they use NOLVA for it!!!!!!!!!!!! Read up before you have bigger tits than your girlfriend. I don't mean to sound harsh but, cmon bro alittle effort on your part will go a long way. By the way Letro is the ****. Keepin me dry as a bone!
    you may wana go re read up on Letro cause its posted all over here to not use letro and Nolva together and that to use Letro in place of Nolva to prevent gyno

Matrix78 is offline Associate Member
    those of you telling him to use Nolva and Letro should go read at least this lil bit by Lion
    http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...ght=letro+lion

Quote Originally Posted by MotoLifter

i think you need to do some reasearch bro you dont do them together dam i didnt want everyone to blow up at this all i just wanted to post was when i cut out the letro out and started nolva that wasnt sore anymore and the puffyness went away i think im getting this **** because im taking test e test prop tren e and eq with dbol so now im taking l-dex and nolva and fine just wouldnt reccomened someone to take letro if they already have gyno clear now

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    I have gyno and am cycling sucessfully with letro at 1.25mgs ed and nolva at 20mgs ed.

Your first mistake was the dbol that should be avoided at all costs with gyno.

Letro blocks estro conversion but only after a sugnificant amount of time I heard it can take up to 6-7 weeks for plasma letro to build up enough. just use both letro to make sure you dont have an abundance of estrogen and nolva to block the remaining estrogen from the breast receptors plus help with blood panels.

He may not be shaking the bottle that might have something to do with it...he should be fine with dbol with letro ...there shouldn't be a need for nolva....

It sounds like he needs to raise the dose he is giving his rat

Angel of death is offline Senior Member
    Can you answer this...were you using deca or something? You gotta make that clear...

using eq and tren e test e and dbol thanks for the info also toinight in the gym i feel like all my joints hurt really bad like my wrist and elbows could that mean im to dry let me know thanks guys

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    maby your letro was bunk?

Scooby1 is offline Member
    have you spoken to your doctor about the possibility of surgery to remove the breat tissue and gland. - mastectomy.(removal of the breast)

Here's pretty much all you need to know about Letrozole /Femera...first is an article I wrote, and second are two studies preceeded by my comments. Remember, I'm not asking you to "trust me" on any of this....I'm providing full references for every claim I'll make about Letro.

The following was written by me and has been posted on several boards...notably BB4L and SynergyMuscle:

"Femara (AKA Letrozole), is more effective than Arimidex in it's ability to pass thru the cell membrane of lipid (fat) cells and inhibit the activity of aromatase -- Arimidex is just over 80% effective at inhibiting aromatase, Femara is around 95-97% Levels of estrogen are totally undetectable in any patients taking Letrozole, and it has even been used to increase testosterone to normal levels (from sub-normal ones) and increase LH, FSH and SHBG (Epilepsy Behav. 2004 Apr;5(2):260-3). Other than that, both of these drugs stop the process of aromatization, rather than just blocking (competing for, if you prefer) the receptors as Clomid and Nolvadex do. An effective dose of Letrozole is 1-2.5 mg/day (I use 1mg/day), but be forewarned, it can kill your sex drive, and could decrease IGF levels. On the other hand, I've seen studies where it increases IGF levels. Also worth noting is that there's a rebound effect when you come off Letrozol. What can I say? Letrozole's effects on serum lipids (cholesterol, both HDL and LDL) are, in the words of one researcher: "inconsistent. "And compared with Aromasin and Arimidex, In non-cellular systems, letrozole is 2-5 times more potent than anastrozole and exemestane in its inhibition of the aromatase enzyme and activity, and in cellular systems it is 10-20x more potent! Letrozole (2.5mg daily) also achieved a much greater suppression of the plasma concentrations of both estrone and estrone sulphate (estrogens) than anastrozole (1mg daily) and a greater inhibition of in vivo aromatization also (sorry for the geek-speak.it's over for now.). ( J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2003 Oct;87(1):35-45.)"Finally, you need to take Letrozole for 60 days to get a steady blood plasma level, and it has a whopping 2-4 day (!) ½ life (Clin Cancer Res. 2003 Jan;9(1 Pt 2):468S-72S.). "

Letrozole can also be used in really small amounts...in fact, you can achieve maximum suppression of aromatase at a mere 100mcg (thats not a typo) per day!
    ( J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1995 Sep;80(9):2658-60. )

In addition,

It would seem that you can get by on .5mgs/day...or less! And, just like myself (and Lion) have been saying...you can probably (maybe?) use it to combat both estrogen and progesterone! Yeah...it's an anti-progestin, an anti-estrogen, and an aromatase inhibitor....! And finally, not only can it suppress aromatazation and reduce estrogen levels, but it may even reduce progesterone levels (it did so in tumors in one study, any way)
    (
    Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2002 Nov 15;105(2):161-5.
    )

Here's the studies I promised you:

J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1995 Sep;80(9):2658-60.

Use of ultrasensitive recombinant cell bioassay to measure estrogen levels in women with breast cancer receiving the aromatase inhibitor, letrozole.

Klein KO, Demers LM, Santner SJ, Baron J, Cutler GB Jr, Santen RJ.

Children's Hospital of Orange County, California 92668, USA.

The development of well tolerated, potent, specific, and nontoxic aromatase inhibitors for the treatment of postmenopausal women with estrogen-dependent breast cancer has been a major goal of recent studies. The third generation inhibitors now under investigation are nearly 10,000-fold more potent than first generation compounds. Currently available RIAs for plasma estradiol lack sufficient sensitivity to measure levels during aromatase inhibition and, thus, to assess drug potency precisely. The availability of an ultrasensitive bioassay for estradiol provided the opportunity to accurately assess the potency of a new third generation triazole aromatase inhibitor, letrozole (CGS 20267). We used this assay to measure estradiol levels in 14 women with metastatic breast cancer given letrozole at doses of 100 micrograms to 5.0 mg/day over a 12-week period. The lack of differences between doses and sampling times allowed pooling of data. Basal estradiol levels of 7.2 +/- 1.9 pmol/L (mean +/- SEM, 1.95 +/- 0.52 pg/mL) fell to 0.26 +/- 0.11 pmol/L (0.07 +/- 0.03 pg/mL) during the first 6 weeks of therapy and to 0.48 +/- 0.18 pmol/L (0.13 +/- 0.05 pg/mL) during the second 6 weeks of therapy. Although plasma estradiol levels measured by RIA were significantly correlated with levels measured by bioassay (r = 0.79; P < 0.01), the degree of suppression assessed by the bioassay (95 +/- 2% after 6 weeks) was greater than that determined by the RIA (81 +/- 4%), presumably due to improved ability to measure very low estradiol levels. We conclude that plasma estradiol is suppressed by letrozole to lower levels than previously observed, with equivalent suppression at all doses studied. A slight, although not statistically significant, rebound in estradiol levels occurs during the second 6 weeks of therapy compared to the first 6 weeks. Maximum inhibition of aromatase is achieved at letrozole doses as low as 100 micrograms.

Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2002 Nov 15;105(2):161-5.

Neoadjuvant therapy of endometrial cancer with the aromatase inhibitor letrozole: endocrine and clinical effects.

Berstein L, Maximov S, Gershfeld E, Meshkova I, Gamajunova V, Tsyrlina E, Larionov A, Kovalevskij A, Vasilyev D.

Laboratory Oncoendocrinology, N.N. Petrov Research Institute of Oncology, St. Petersburg 197758, Russia. [email protected]

OBJECTIVE: To investigate the short-term hormonal and clinical effects of the aromatase inhibitor letrozole (Femara) in patients with endometrial cancer. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Ten previously untreated, post-menopausal patients (mean age 59 years) with endometrial cancer, predominantly stage I disease, received letrozole 2.5mg per day for 14 days before surgery. Clinical, sonographic, morphologic, cytologic, and hormonal-metabolic parameters (blood estradiol, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH), glucose, and cholesterol by radioimmunoassay, enzyme immune assay, or enzyme-colorimetric methods; tumor progesterone receptors by ligand-binding assay; and aromatase activity by 3H-water release assay) were evaluated before and after treatment. RESULTS: Treatment was well-tolerated in all patients. In two patients, pain relief in the lower part of the belly and/or decrease in intensity of uterine discharge was reported. In the three cases, substantial decreases in endometrial M-echo (ultrasound) signal were noted; the mean value of this parameter after treatment was 31.1% lower than before treatment. Blood estradiol concentration decreased by an average of 37.8% after letrozole therapy, and tumor progesterone receptor levels and aromatase activity decreased by 34.4 and 17.5%, respectively. Treatment with letrozole did not influence surgery. CONCLUSIONS: These data show that short-term treatment with letrozole in the neoadjuvant setting resulted in some positive clinical changes. Longer-term and larger-scale trials of neoadjuvant letrozole in endometrial cancer are warranted.

Thread Information