OneMoreSet is offline Associate Member

self perscribing?

Hey guys I have a question....
    If someone is going to school to be a PA (physicans assistant). I was curious if anyone new of the legal aspect of self perscribing. I mean, after someone finishes school and is able to right scripts, Is there anything stopping them from just getting their own gear right there at the pharmacy? Or would that someone be better off still purchasing it on the black market?

just wondering if anyone has any insight on this....

OMS

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSet
    Hey guys I have a question....
    If someone is going to school to be a PA (physicans assistant). I was curious if anyone new of the legal aspect of self perscribing. I mean, after someone finishes school and is able to right scripts, Is there anything stopping them from just getting their own gear right there at the pharmacy? Or would that someone be better off still purchasing it on the black market?

just wondering if anyone has any insight on this....

OMS
    the last time i checked u need to be a practicing dr. to write a script, i wouldnt risk my career

well I know that PAs are now able to right scripts.. as well as some Nurse practisioners..(Spelling?)

But do you think that writing a script to yourself is illegal? I mean I would assume it is, but I am just wondering if anyone knows for sure.. Im curious cause I constantly hear people talking about...
    well my friends a doc... or my friend is a pharmacist..
    So I was just wondering how easy it is for someone in the capable position to perscribe to people or friends.

OMS

well I know that PAs are now able to right scripts.. as well as some Nurse practisioners..(Spelling?)

But do you think that writing a script to yourself is illegal? I mean I would assume it is, but I am just wondering if anyone knows for sure.. Im curious cause I constantly hear people talking about...
    well my friends a doc... or my friend is a pharmacist..
    So I was just wondering how easy it is for someone in the capable position to perscribe to people or friends.

OMS
    if u get caught, u loose your license, its not something to mess around with, just my .02, risk isnr worth it

TommyTrainR is offline Associate Member
    I'm not too sure about that one. Where are you going to school? I'm practicing to be a sports medicine physician.

i wouldnt throw away my career on something like this

I am not planning on throwing "my" career away for something like this.. I just didnt know if it was trully something you lose your license over..
    Like i said its always other people talking about thier friend the doc, or pharmacist hooken em up..

OMS

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    I am not planning on throwing "my" career away for something like this.. I just didnt know if it was trully something you lose your license over..
    Like i said its always other people talking about thier friend the doc, or pharmacist hooken em up..

OMS
    Itd be a 1000x safer to write a script for a friend and just have him give it to you... unless theres a lack of friends issue for someone

MILPOLDAN1 is offline Member
    It is illegal to write your own script and you will loose your license and depending on the state you could go to jail.

If a pharmacy see's that you are writing a script to yourself and they do pick up on it most likely they will turn you in, you would be much safer writing script for some one else, but to me still seems a little dangerous but better than writing to your self.

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-Cent
    Itd be a 1000x safer to write a script for a friend and just have him give it to you... unless theres a lack of friends issue for someone
    sounds like a **** good idea to me

P.A.'s cant write scripts unless under the protocal of a docter and if it is considered a narcotic or not and, i am not sure but i think roids are considered class III drugs, and then the feds would get involved so probably not worth it.
    Last edited by MILPOLDAN1; 02-22-2005 at 08:42 PM.

Stackertoo is offline Member
    I got Xanax( Schedule 4) from A PA once and he sure as hell did not talk to his Doc.

**IT happens

in the medical field lots of rules are bent and overlooked in the legal field they wont overlook it, the rules may be different in certain states i am not sure about that and even if he can write scripts i still wouldnt recomend writing him to himself its not worth your license.
    Last edited by MILPOLDAN1; 02-22-2005 at 07:46 PM.

shrunkennutz116 is offline Associate Member
    i wouldnt prescribe it to myself but i kno someone that said they get prescriptions from there friend that works at a pharmacy and all he has to do was get blood work done or some ****. i wasnt to sure about it but i recently heard about a steroid bust in south florida people were selling them out of a pharmacy to just about ne way. im sure it can be done

Knight1811 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MILPOLDAN1
    P.A.'s cant write scripts unless under the protocal of a docter and if it is considered a narcotic or not and, i am not sure but i think roids are considered class III drugs now since bush got in office and then the feds would get involved so probably not worth it.
    B.S. to the above: My "doctor" is a PA and he prescribes me meds all the time. I don't know what deal he has with another MD or what but HE totally writes me prescriptions. And, I know he doesn't consult another doctor before giving me a script. I've never had a controlled substance script from him but other shiat I've had prescribed from him left and right. Also, Roids have always been listed federally as schedule III (since 1990), Bush didn't put it there...the Anabolic controlled substance act of 1990 made it schedule III.

Knight1811
    Last edited by Knight1811; 02-22-2005 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight1811
    B.S. to the above: My "doctor" is a PA and he prescribes me meds all the time. I don't know what deal he has with another MD or what but HE totally writes me prescriptions. And, I know he doesn't consult another doctor before giving me a script. I've never had a controlled substance script from him but other shiat I've had prescribed from him left and right. Also, Roids have always been listed federally as schedule III (since 1990), Bush didn't put it there...the Anabolic controlled substance act of 1990 made it schedule III.

Knight1811
    Ok wasnt sure on the 1990 thing, but at my last job my pa couldnt prescribe narcs. I learn something new everyday. Thats what i here to do.
    Last edited by MILPOLDAN1; 02-22-2005 at 08:50 PM.

so writing to yourself is a big no no then i take it.. but it is possible to just have a friend give it to you.. interesting....

OMS

Quote Originally Posted by Knight1811

Knight1811
    Ok yes PA's do write scripts but the scripts they wright come from the pad of a docter, the docter just signs a pad of scripts for the PA and then he just writes whatever he feels the patients need, did some more research on it and i would write it to someone else before i wrote it for myself. But still seems a little risky to me.

Thread Information