Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Anteros is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%NATURAL-theGH
    There are going to be crazy people both men and women... are trying to tell me that there are as many women in prison as men???? No I didn't think so. Also although I hate to say this because I always thought that your attitude was completely up to you while on cycle prior to use... I become much more short tempered and rude while on. I get aggrevated. I am an asshole... and excuse/reason... whatever you want to call it... it gets MUCH worse when I'm on. I even go out of my way to controll it while on but it's still worse. I wouldn't give it up for anything though don't get me wrong... I just think a lot of guys are trying to be so supportive of steroid use that they try to deny the obvious which is that it makes a lot of users worse. (still do your best to not do anything stupid!)
    If you read my post above that question ud realize I was basically saying that test may be the factor that "closes the deal" I guess u could say...but it could also make people feel better during cycle and decrease their chance of crime...obviously it depends on the type of compound, the person etc etc

that rhetorical question was meant to show that a test/crime relationship isn't very strong IMO.

FRANk THe TANk is offline Associate Member
    i dont know about roid rage , as far as acting on your agression, but when someone pisses me off when im on test, I certainly have to walk away or it will get violent, my friggin blood starts to boil sometimes... but thats the thing, you just have to focus and walk away... theres no reason "roid rage" should become violence

MACHI is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANk THe TANk
    i dont know about roid rage, as far as acting on your agression, but when someone pisses me off when im on test, I certainly have to walk away or it will get violent, my friggin blood starts to boil sometimes... but thats the thing, you just have to focus and walk away... theres no reason "roid rage" should become violence
    I think there is some real confusion in this thread with respect to what 'roid rage ' is.

There is no doubt regarding the androgenic properties of testosterone and its derivatives. Testosterone does enhance aggression. However, if you guys would care to look at the study I cited above the debate is whether this aggression enhancement leads to an increase or manifestation of uncontrollable angry behavior and even angry behavior in general. Don't confuse aggression with angry behavior. Aggression can simply translate into the necessary confidence thats required when it comes to asking that girl out that you've been wanted to for quite some time.

I challenge anyone here to give me ONE scientific study that shows high testosterone or androgen levels lead to UNCONTROLLABLE angry behavior - **** like in the move 28 days later.

100%NATURAL-theGH is offline Senior Member
    this is a waste of time... steroids are a hormone and they effect your mood... end of story IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MACHI
    I think there is some real confusion in this thread with respect to what 'roid rage ' is.

There is no doubt regarding the androgenic properties of testosterone and its derivatives. Testosterone does enhance aggression. However, if you guys would care to look at the study I cited above the debate is whether this aggression enhancement leads to an increase or manifestation of uncontrollable angry behavior and even angry behavior in general. Don't confuse aggression with angry behavior. Aggression can simply translate into the necessary confidence thats required when it comes to asking that girl out that you've been wanted to for quite some time.

I challenge anyone here to give me ONE scientific study that shows high testosterone or androgen levels lead to UNCONTROLLABLE angry behavior - **** like in the move 28 days later.

I challenge you to give me ONE scientific study that shows high testosterone or androgen levels DO NOT lead to UNCONTROLLABLE anry behaviour.

Anteros is offline Associate Member
    I challenge you to give me ONE scientific study that shows high testosterone or androgen levels DO NOT lead to UNCONTROLLABLE anry behaviour.
    He did, go to page 1, actually looks like a pretty valid study...

and no ones debating whether roids alter ur mood, the discussion is related to the original post, which is a cited study that roids increases the possibility of violent behavior.

And I respect ur hard attempts at controlling urself when ur on a cycle Natural-theGH...

Your statement implies that everyone taking roids exhibits uncontrollable aggressive behavior.

LOL And yeah I did show you a study earlier in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros
    He did, go to page 1, actually looks like a pretty valid study...

and no ones debating whether roids alter ur mood, the discussion is related to the original post, which is a cited study that roids increases the possibility of violent behavior.

And I respect ur hard attempts at controlling urself when ur on a cycle Natural-theGH...
    Anteros do you think he even understood the post that he quoted me on?

Jackman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    Rage is a myth.
    ever take fina? that 100% gives you increased agresion

i agree with you bro

Your statement implies that everyone taking roids exhibits uncontrollable aggressive behavior.

LOL And yeah I did show you a study earlier in the thread.
    no he does not, it does increase agression but it did not say its un-controllable.

Thanks Jackman... it's nice to have 2 guys with under 100 posts waisting their time reading this crap when they SHOULD be learning something of value... have you guys even done cycles yet? I hate to tell you but a good percentage experience some degree of increase in aggression. I know first hand that it does and I am starting Tren next week. I have not assaulted anyone since high-school so if I do... then I'll let you know!!! (thats first hand knowledge)

AG5678 is offline Member
    Thanks Jackman... it's nice to have 2 guys with under 100 posts waisting their time reading this crap when they SHOULD be learning something of value... have you guys even done cycles yet? I hate to tell you but a good percentage experience some degree of increase in aggression. I know first hand that it does and I am starting Tren next week. I have not assaulted anyone since high-school so if I do... then I'll let you know!!! (thats first hand knowledge)
    i totally agree with you also

Jtt23 is offline Junior Member
    I'm a football player and while I am on test. I hit people like there is NO tomorrow. I dont know what it is but size, weight strength, nothing seems to come in my way when i see that ball when I am on test.

So there is SOMETHING that changes when you are on test. with your mental attitude. If you think about it back when it was survival of the fittest, it was the guys that had the most test., the most muscle, that got to reproduce. They also had to have the mindset that they were "better" or stronger than the other person. That mindset is fueled by the male hormone testosterone .

You know 100Natural-theGH, I think I'll repost what I did before and highlight the important words and phrases for you.

I challenge anyone here to give me ONE scientific study that shows high testosterone or androgen levels lead (CAUSE) to UNCONTROLLABLE angry behavior - **** like in the move 28 days later.

You want to go toe to toe with me any day when it comes to knowledge of this stuff and I promise you I'll make you my b itch.

I wonder how many of your 600+ posts I'll go back and read and see something worthwhile - some valuable information. I think most of it will be some useless regurgitated garbage thats probably not even true anyways.

HAHAHA I rest my case. This goes to show post count dosn't mean ****. You don't know what proviron or propecia is and you allready have a couple cycles under your belt and 600+ posts?? You're a joke - just because you were reckless enough (and i'm confident i'm right on this) to start your first AAS cycle without knowing **** about what you were doing dosn't mean your really more experienced. And if I saw one of your posts right - didn't you say you were 20 yrs old?????

""""""Hey I have some pretty good general knowledge when it comes to AS but I don't know what these are. Everyone chip in... give me a common name and how you use it, and what you use it for. Thanks guys.

Methandienone???
    Oxymetholone???
    STANOLONE??? (don't say winny cuz that is STANOZOLO (WINNY)
    PROVIRON???
    CLOSTEBOL ACETATE???
    LETROZLE???
    EXEMESTANE???
    PROPECIA???
    Clonazepam???
    Finasteride???
    Vardenafil???
    Femara???

I know there are quite a few compounds here guys so start knocking them out! Thanks!""""

HAHAHA I rest my case. This goes to show post count dosn't mean ****. You don't know what proviron or propecia is and you allready have a couple cycles under your belt and 600+ posts?? You're a joke - just because you were reckless enough (and i'm confident i'm right on this) to start your first AAS cycle without knowing **** about what you were doing dosn't mean your really more experienced. And if I saw one of your posts right - didn't you say you were 20 yrs old?????

""""""Hey I have some pretty good general knowledge when it comes to AS but I don't know what these are. Everyone chip in... give me a common name and how you use it, and what you use it for. Thanks guys.

Methandienone???
    Oxymetholone???
    STANOLONE??? (don't say winny cuz that is STANOZOLO (WINNY)
    PROVIRON???
    CLOSTEBOL ACETATE???
    LETROZLE???
    EXEMESTANE???
    PROPECIA???
    Clonazepam???
    Finasteride???
    Vardenafil???
    Femara???

I know there are quite a few compounds here guys so start knocking them out! Thanks!""""
    Your right... I should have known those... but still... fact is I don't need them... and I KNOW THAT.... because.. I'VE USED B1TCH!... besides.. being able to admit your short-comings is part of what body building is about... and they aren't my AS knowledge (cuz those aren't AS) ... so you didn't win anything from that stand point. so your still whack bro... take some test and then make your own research... I'm not here to re-invent the wheel but I have enough confidence in my own results to be able to make an educated guess at what is really going on (unlike you... where your only source is reading posts made by 90 year old men who shoot up rats with test to see how it effects their mood) Youre a skinny little B1TCH... I'll keep watching you and see where you go... I bet you never even do a cycle you little p*ssy... Shoot me a PM when you do... can't wait to see what you say then...
    O and btw... yeah I'm 20.. I'm also 6'4 250lbs and I eat girls like your for lunch

Can you list any unforseen drawbacks? I really can't figure out why this isn't the norm when it comes to BBers.

How often did you visit the doc? I don't see how it would be that much of an inconvenience to time your cycles around doctors visits unless you saw him frequently.
    Who do you think administers your shots??? As far as I know doctors don't hand out jugs of test and syringes to every person they meet... and HRT is a very low dosage... about enough to shut down your natural test... dont you read about this stuff? flappin your jaw.... (btw... your 20 too.. maybe you can do us both some good and wait till your 25 to start... by then I bet youll be a wopping 180#..... I can't see myself being much over 330lbs by then)

tmeoe is offline Associate Member
    This argument is absolutely ridiculous!!! There is no answer, there are too many variables to ever measure whether or not AAS increases aggression. It could range from sociocultural factors to biological factors and anything in between.

Heres an article if your interested:

It is a common myth that testosterone causes aggression but is there biological reason to back up this assertion? Some say there is, while emphatically rattling off statistics and experimental evidence, while still others are armed with ambiguous or even refuting information with which to contest this argument. The bottom line is that we do not know for sure whether or not testosterone causes aggression (how problematic the idea of cause and effect can be in biology!) and so at this point we must turn away from the enticing idea that there exists a clear and definitive answer to this question. We must instead turn our attention to the evaluation of available information, in order to better understand the role of Testosterone in guiding behavior.

According to theory from evolutionary biology, aggression serves an important function in terms of both individual survival as well as procreation potential. In terms of this evolutionary biological theory, what it comes down to is this: competition arises when resources are limited and therefore animals/species must actively compete in order to increase their own fitness. It does not take a biologist to then infer that aggression is advantageous at both the individual and genetic levels. (1).

Hormones are inextricably linked to behavior as seen by the impact that its presence or absence has on an organism. In terms of aggression, there exists intriguing evidence that there is a definite connection between the hormonal effects of testosterone and the outward expression of aggressive behavior (1). For example, castration leads to a marked decrease in aggression as shown by castration experimentation on various species. Furthermore, when testosterone is replaced through hormone therapy in these castrated animals, the amount of aggression increases and is restored to its original pre-castration level (1). Taken together, this seems to present a strong argument for the role of testosterone in aggression. However, the story does not end here: if we are to suppose that testosterone does in fact lead to aggressive behavior we must then necessarily ask how and why it does. In doing so, we might just find that the original supposition falls through.

Testosterone exerts its hormonal and behavioral effects upon interaction with androgen receptors (i.e., when converted into 5-alpha-dihydrotestosterone) or with estrogen receptors (i.e., when converted into estradial by aromatase) (2). . According to some, there exists a "critical time period" (i.e., during development) when testosterone serves to "sensitize" particular neural circuits in the brain. Presumably, this sensitization allows for the effects of testosterone that manifest in adulthood. A recent theory builds upon this story, adding the idea that almost immediately after birth, testosterone leads to the establishment of an "androgen-responsive system" in males. And what about females? It is presumed that a similar androgen system is set-up in females, "although a greater exposure to androgens is required to induce male-like fighting" (2).

Although not the primary function of most hormones, neural activity can be modulated as a result of their presence. For example, it has been shown that some hormones can modify cell permeability and therefore have a crucial impact on ion concentration, membrane potential, synaptic transmission and thus neural communication and behavioral outcomes (2). More specifically, when a hormone such as testosterone acts on a target neuron, the amount of neurotransmitter that is release is significantly affected. For example, it has been suggested (i.e., with experimental data) that testosterone acts on serotonergic synapses and lowers the amount of 5-HT available for synaptic transmission. This is important when coupled with the fairly well accepted idea that the presence of 5-HT serves to inhibit aggression, as shown convincingly in studies done on male rhesus monkeys: Serotonin reuptake inhibitors such as Fluoxentine and several other antidepressants lead to a significant decrease in aggression in both monkeys and humans (2).

Although convincing relationships have been found between testosterone and aggression, hormones in general cannot cause a particular behavioral outcome; they can only facilitate or inhibit the likelihood that such an outcome will occur. For example, the mere presence or level of testosterone is not sufficient in invoking aggressive behavior, as seen by a significant population of males that are not aggressive. There must therefore be other factors involved: at the hormonal level, what about the effects of noradrenaline, acetylocholine or glutamate? It is important to remember here that the endocrine system consists of a complex array of communication pathways, none of which act independently (2).

Furthermore, we know that biological factors do not act in a vacuum and we must therefore concede significant impact and effect from environment and social factors as well. For example, some studies have found that it is not testosterone level that is the best predictor of aggression, but that obesity and lower levels of "good" cholesterol tend to be the best predictors of aggressive behavior in human males (3). Additionally, it has been shown that social status greatly influences the presence/degree of aggressive behavior in both animals and humans. The facts are that higher levels of social status correspond to higher levels of testosterone , although the quandary remains: is this elevated status a result of elevated testosterone levels and the evolutionarily advantageous aggressive behavior it might influence, or is the testosterone level a result of the heightened social status (i.e., building upon the well-supported idea that "winning" social competition leads to an increase in testosterone levels) (4)? It is the age-old nature versus nurture debate, or perhaps more appropriately, nature and nurture discussion.

To come full circle and reiterate this discussion's opening declaration: we do not know for sure whether or not testosterone leads to aggression. Therefore, any assertion of a causal relationship between the two is instantly problematic. Instead, we must continue to learn and to discuss the various possibilities with an open mind, in order to come to a better understanding of the role that testosterone and other hormones play in aggressive behavior.

Resources

1)Gender Website, a comprehensive cross- disciplinary approach to gender difference, touching upon areas such as Psychology, Genetics, Neurobiology, and Development to name a few.

2) Simpson, Katherine. The Role of Testosterone in Aggression. McGill Journal of Medicine, 2001. A thorough biological examination of aggression and the role that hormones play in facilitating/inhibiting aggressive behaviors. Many studies sited, comprehensible graphs presented. As found from the website: http://www.med.mcgill.ca/mjm/v06n01/v06p032/v06p032.pdf

3)DeNoon, Daniel. Don't Blame Testosterone for Aggression: Angry, Hostile Men Don't Have Extra Sex Hormone. WebMD Medical News, November 11, 2003. A newspaper article reporting on recent findings that Testosterone might not be the most important factor in aggression.

4)Steroids Website, a website dedicated to education regarding anabolic -androgenic steroids. Informative articles available such as: "Psychological and Behavioral Effects of Endogenous Testosterone Levels and Anabolic-Androgenic Steroids Among Males: A Review".

References

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Everybody is different. So if steroids do not make everyone exhibit "roid rage ", how is it a proven fact? I personally know ppl who think it affects them, and they use it as an excuse to act like assholes.
    Great post Tmeoe, I agree that there are too many variables to give a definite answer. IMO, it all depends on the user. I have never felt any increase in agression, and maybe those who have fall victim to an underlying belief in roid rage.

GORILA-UNIT is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beavertrap
    I am the same way! my wife always says "When are you going back on? You're an azz hole when your off" Go figure.
    very strange, im actually the same way. I normaly have a short fuse and a very impatiant person, when im on im like the nicest guy. I always feel good and im in a good mood, now this is talkin on my first cycle experience.

millionmillionaires is offline Associate Member
    Roid Rage ? Bull ****. Only for dumb ****s who can't control themselves:

"There is yet another important complexity. Although some extreme criminal types (e.g., rapists who also commit other kinds of bodily harm) may be likely to have high levels of testosterone (Rada, Laws, & Kellner, 1976), the reverse does not seem to be true: men with high levels of testosterone are not necessarily aggressive, and they are certainly not all aggrevated rapists. Furthermore, it has sometimes been reported that the relationship between testosterone level and pysical aggression holds only (or holds more strongly) for relatively uneducated men from the lower-economic classes (Dabbs & Morris, 1990)" (Funder, 238).

Funder, David C. "The Personality Puzzle". Ed. Jon Durbin and Aaron Javicas. W.W. Norton and Company, Inc., 2004. Page 238.

I didn't get ANY roid rage on my last cycle, I was more laid back aamof. BTW I was injecting just under one gram of oils a week, and kick started w/ dbol for the first 4 weeks to boot.

roid rage is bs/ If you are aggressive person before steroids you will be aggressive while on.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackman
    ever take fina? that 100% gives you increased agresion
    3 times, once tren e, running 750mg Test e, and 500mg tren e.

2nd time running 1050mg prop EW, and and 700mg Tren A EW. Its a myth.

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AG5678
    Can't agree. Show some Evidence
    How can you show evidence of something that does not exist? That doesn't make sense. The burden of proof would be on you to prove that it does exist.

Who do you think administers your shots??? As far as I know doctors don't hand out jugs of test and syringes to every person they meet... and HRT is a very low dosage... about enough to shut down your natural test... dont you read about this stuff? flappin your jaw.... (btw... your 20 too.. maybe you can do us both some good and wait till your 25 to start... by then I bet youll be a wopping 180#..... I can't see myself being much over 330lbs by then)
    You are a joke.........

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    This thread is pissing me off cause it's stupid is that "roid rage "? OH NO!

k_dogg is offline Associate Member
    my brother threatened to kill me and my sister when was first cycling. he was on cyp and got BIG he had been cycling for about a year at this point. my mother slapped him around and got him to go to anger management. but i knew what he was doing. shortly after that episode he dropped the juice, lost a decent amount of wieght (no pct) and became his normal self again.

a mate of mine was driving through town with his friend and a bloke on the side of the road looked at him a bit wierd. he slammed on the breaks and proceeded to climb out the window to get this guy while his mate in the passenger seat grabbed the steering wheel. he was on anadrol .

i was in my mates passenger seat when i heard a kid on a bike say something about me (heard him mention the blue singlet i was wearing and the word 'tough') and his friend started smirking. i jumped out of the moving car and started abusing them and chasing them while they shat in thier dacks and all 4 of them scattered to the four winds. my mates were just looking at me and gaping and were like "WHAT THE **** DUDE!!!" but they also thought it was funny. i dont know that it was funny. i was on sust.

from my experience i think that injecting lots of test will obviously make you more aggresive. medical fact right? i have gotten considerably more angry while on cycle than i do without. over simple crap aswel. ive seen my mates go nuts etc. no other explanation bvut elevated test. aggresion levels. its a bit too much of a coincidence.

jp03 is offline New Member
    Well being my first cycle I find myself snapping at ppl easier and thinking about beating someone's ass for something that I probably wouldn't think about when I wasn't on roids. Thing is I'm smarter than that and ppl who can't control violence should no way be on steroids , I think its more to do with ignorance than anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information