Beefkake31 is offline Member

Post Cycle Crash

Post Cycle Crash

This thread from another board had been bothering me as of late. I wanted some response from members on this board about it. I am starting to realize that post cycle can get really hectic. Seems to me that a lot of people are going on anti-depressants and anxiety medications from this. Many have been for years now. I don't know what the deal is and how it is for some of you. I am still going to go through with my cycle which is in about 5 weeks, but all this stuff has gotten me worried as of late. I don't want to end up on medication or crash hard for a long time.

Consistency is offline Extraordinarily Exorbitant
    you just gotta push through it... it also depends on what compounds and for how long you are on, this dictates recovery. I always load up on ECA during PCT for that extra boost aswell as creatine, glutamine, and all the othe basics...

alluprbdy is offline Associate Member
    Interesting thats one thing I'm fearing is PCT I just hope I dont get all the bad sides some get.

Quote Originally Posted by alluprbdy
    Interesting thats one thing I'm fearing is PCT I just hope I dont get all the bad sides some get.
    Yup, this is all I've been thinking about this past week, I can't stop thinking about it. I don't care about the cycle when I'm on and I really doubt anything will happen physically side effect wise. To me I consider it very safe in those terms. But the mental aspect of it is eating me up. I really do not want to be taking meds after my cycle and have anxiety for a long time. I hope there are some reassuring posts out there.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    A lot have to realize that maybe they have had these types of mental problems way before they started using AAS and using Clomid for PCT. Hormones are at a very low state at the time of PCT so this will def effect your mental health. Like the others stated everyone needs to try to push through PCT but if they can't then they should see a doctor to see if there's something that can help.

I haven't had a bad PCT yet and I hope I never do either because I have read some stories that are pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    A lot have to realize that maybe they have had these types of mental problems way before they started using AAS and using Clomid for PCT. Hormones are at a very low state at the time of PCT so this will def effect your mental health. Like the others stated everyone needs to try to push through PCT but if they can't then they should see a doctor to see if there's something that can help.

I haven't had a bad PCT yet and I hope I never do either because I have read some stories that are pretty bad.
    Ok MudMan my problem is I already have had bouts with anxiety and depression and even though I haven't taken anything for 2 years now. I don't know what will happen to me come PCT time or hell even on cycle I might get anxiety from what I hear on some users. I'm just trying to be careful. If I do go through mental health problems on PCT I really don't want to have to resort to medications. But if I don't, do you really feel 100% normal after a couple months after a good PCT?

Anyone else feel free to answer this also........ Do you guys feel 100% back to normal about 2 months afer you have done a good PCT?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkake31
    Ok MudMan my problem is I already have had bouts with anxiety and depression and even though I haven't taken anything for 2 years now. I don't know what will happen to me come PCT time or hell even on cycle I might get anxiety from what I hear on some users. I'm just trying to be careful. If I do go through mental health problems on PCT I really don't want to have to resort to medications. But if I don't, do you really feel 100% normal after a couple months after a good PCT?

Anyone else feel free to answer this also........ Do you guys feel 100% back to normal about 2 months afer you have done a good PCT?
    Then you could very well have a problem when PCT comes around.

You could try running a fast acting test like Prop after your last injection of the longer acting test until PCT starts. This way you are keeping your test levels up just before PCT instead of having them drop from the last injection you did say 3 weeks ago. In your case I would also suggest using tribulus troughout your cycle and PCT. This will help in getting LH levels up quicker durring PCT. You could also use HCG either durring your cycle or the last few weeks of the cycle to help ease recovery.

There are a few things you can try, but most importantly I feel is not to fixate on a problem that hasn't happen yet because you may not have a problem when you're in PCT. With all the worrying you may make yourself have those problems.

Good luck.

jay-d is offline Junior Member

for me it comes and goes.usually the first month post cycle is worse,but i feel like it is an ongoing battle.I have been prescribed several meds paxil to start and have been on even lithium for a while.Lithium was real hard on my body so i discontinued it and havent had a real problem in about a year.My problem wasnt really being depressed post cycle it was more like anxiety(feeling like i was going crazy)and impulses to do crazy sh*t.I cant say it was from aas,but i dont remember having these problems before my first cycle.Then again i was only like 19 or 20 my first time so who knows?What ever the reason is i think it is something i have to be aware of the rest of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by jay-d
    for me it comes and goes.usually the first month post cycle is worse,but i feel like it is an ongoing battle.I have been prescribed several meds paxil to start and have been on even lithium for a while.Lithium was real hard on my body so i discontinued it and havent had a real problem in about a year.My problem wasnt really being depressed post cycle it was more like anxiety(feeling like i was going crazy)and impulses to do crazy sh*t.I cant say it was from aas,but i dont remember having these problems before my first cycle.Then again i was only like 19 or 20 my first time so who knows?What ever the reason is i think it is something i have to be aware of the rest of my life.
    So I didn't quite understand how you are feeling now Jay-d? Is everything fine now or are you still taking medication for your problems? Or are you back to normal for the most part.

Funny thing is the way most of you describe PCT , I feel like that regulary to a little less degree, but it is still to a point where it effects my life. That is why I am still going to go on cycle since I already have some mental health problems in the past and still somewhat mild today. But no medications for 2 years now, but it's been hard without them. I keep saying I might need it and it will help me but I don't want to take these medications to help me, I want to be able to control it with my mind even if it is a chemical thing.
    Last edited by Beefkake31; 03-01-2005 at 05:59 AM.

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    Funny thing is the way most of you describe PCT , I feel like that regulary to a little less degree, but it is still to a point where it effects my life. That is why I am still going to go on cycle since I already have some mental health problems in the past and still somewhat mild today. But no medications for 2 years now, but it's been hard without them. I keep saying I might need it and it will help me but I don't want to take these medications to help me, I want to be able to control it with my mind even if it is a chemical thing.
    it's all in your head bro... don't worry about things and don't dwell on things. one thing i know is you really don't want to become dependent on these drugs becaus ein the long run they will do nothing for you but give you more probs then you already had. i've seen alot of people go into withdrawl from xanax (anti axiety drug) it's not a pretty sight.

i used to be "depressed" and look at it as a desease, or a chemical imbalance or whatever those stupid ads told me. now, i don't look at it like that anymore i look at it as being stronger and smarter. for example i don't have alot of friends, and i don't like alot of things . for some people they think i'm depressed,but i just think i have good taste and i'm really picky. think about it if your happy all the time then you're bubbly and dumb. no one is happy all the time nor should be it would be unnatural.

i just think the government tries to tell people that they're "depressed,have anxiety,blah blah blah" to make them weaker minded so they can control you more,because a weak minded person is easier to control. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by flabbywussy
    it's all in your head bro... don't worry about things and don't dwell on things. one thing i know is you really don't want to become dependent on these drugs becaus ein the long run they will do nothing for you but give you more probs then you already had. i've seen alot of people go into withdrawl from xanax (anti axiety drug) it's not a pretty sight.

i used to be "depressed" and look at it as a desease, or a chemical imbalance or whatever those stupid ads told me. now, i don't look at it like that anymore i look at it as being stronger and smarter. for example i don't have alot of friends, and i don't like alot of things . for some people they think i'm depressed,but i just think i have good taste and i'm really picky. think about it if your happy all the time then you're bubbly and dumb. no one is happy all the time nor should be it would be unnatural.

i just think the government tries to tell people that they're "depressed,have anxiety,blah blah blah" to make them weaker minded so they can control you more,because a weak minded person is easier to control. JMO
    Good post flabby I agree for the most part.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    With out a doubt I had anxiety and depression for between 1 and two months after stopping. It sucks, but it was a side effect I was aware of and prepared to handle, so it was no problem. If you're ready for the possibility of these conditions, you are much more able to handle that 1 or 2 month period because you know what is happening and why. Depression and anxiety are definitly real side effects of steroids , and I find are all too often ignored as possible side effects of steroid use . Good Post

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    With out a doubt I had anxiety and depression for between 1 and two months after stopping. It sucks, but it was a side effect I was aware of and prepared to handle, so it was no problem. If you're ready for the possibility of these conditions, you are much more able to handle that 1 or 2 month period because you know what is happening and why. Depression and anxiety are definitly real side effects of steroids, and I find are all too often ignored as possible side effects of steroid use. Good Post
    Thank you Baron, I also feel that this should be stickied (not my thread) but steroids and the anxiety and depression that comes along with post cycle. I feel that someone should write a nice thread about it and make it a sticky for all new comers that need to be informed and ready when it happens. Because like I said I've experienced true depression and anxiety and it is definitely more important than any of these other threads and it needs to be recognized by everyone especially all the new people signing up everyday.

jay-d is offline Junior Member
    So I didn't quite understand how you are feeling now Jay-d? Is everything fine now or are you still taking medication for your problems? Or are you back to normal for the most part.
    sorry bro if i was a little confusing.Post cycle is a little harder for me then a normal day.For me it comes and goes weather post cycle or not.I havent taken any meds for about a year now,but it is something that i will probally have to deal with the rest of my life.I am not saying that aas caused my problems,but i started them so young that i cant rule it out either.I used to party heavily for a long time also,so for me there is too many variables to pinpoint it.Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by jay-d
    sorry bro if i was a little confusing.Post cycle is a little harder for me then a normal day.For me it comes and goes weather post cycle or not.I havent taken any meds for about a year now,but it is something that i will probally have to deal with the rest of my life.I am not saying that aas caused my problems,but i started them so young that i cant rule it out either.I used to party heavily for a long time also,so for me there is too many variables to pinpoint it.Hope this helps
    Ya that does help, thanks for clarifying Jay.

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    i don't really feel depressed,but it does make me feel like @ss when i'm off even after pct. i think i just like the feeling of being "on". when i'm off i look in the mirror and i think i'm getting smaller . i know it's in my head because i weigh myself every wk @ the gym,but it still sucks to feel wimpier. i guess i'll just be buying cycles for the rest of my friggin life!...... j/k

Quote Originally Posted by flabbywussy
    i don't really feel depressed,but it does make me feel like @ss when i'm off even after pct. i think i just like the feeling of being "on". when i'm off i look in the mirror and i think i'm getting smaller . i know it's in my head because i weigh myself every wk @ the gym,but it still sucks to feel wimpier. i guess i'll just be buying cycles for the rest of my friggin life!...... j/k
    I don't think you're joking

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    For some depression is a reality on PCT no matter if you say 'it is in your head' or not. Such comments don't help the people who actually go through the depressions after a cycle. If you have problems get on anti depressants for a few months- that will get you through and you will than be back to normal hopefully in a few months and you can get off of them.

I was nervous about pct my first cycle, but the only thing I noticed was that i felt a little more emotional than usual. After 2 weeks of clomid I felt perfectly normal again though

bradd5150 is offline Associate Member
    i know some people dont consider it the same as an injectible cycle, but i ran 2-4 week cycles of M1T/4derm. i didn't have any anxiety but the depression was definately there. I seperated from my wife 2 years ago and was long over the break up, but guess what. it all came back in pct.

IRONATE is offline New Member
    I've dealt with anxiety and depression before and it's a real problem and it sucks big time.It sounds to me like your anxiety is comeing back to some degree and you haven't even started yet.I went on anxiety meds(xanax,valium,klonopin) and anti-depressants(zoloft,paxil,wellbutrin) and came off when I felt better and after being off for a while ,all my symptoms came back so I went back on.I'm just on a low dose of SSRI's and take klonopin when I need it.When I go on and off cycles I feel fine. I know guys at the gym who buy something for the anxiety just to take the edge off.If you chose this route,stay away from xanax.It's highly addictive and the withdrawl is vicious,and only xanax can stop xanax withdrawl.I know plenty of guys who just start taking zoloft a week before they start there cycle because as you know SSRI's take a few weeks to work.Then continue for another month or so after comeing off.That way both drugs are kicking in around the same time.When you come off the sauce,make sure you take your clomid correctly.I take H.C.G and nolvadex as well.The point is,you want to get your test back up and running back to normal again.Not doing your PCT correctly is what causes you to crash(lose gains,depression,etc).When you have low test levels,it causes all kinds of stuff.Read up on male menopause.It's the same idea.

ace ventura is offline Member
    I think drepressions caused by imbalance in the hormones is just as bad, if not even worse, than depressions caused by mental things. Hormonally depressions can really mess you up and you can't take controll over it. It's not in the head. And it's not fun to get fealings and thoughts that you don't understand. However, I guess it's good to know that it's just a temporary imbalance and it probably helps to be prepared..

I think some people believe they are depressed but they aren't, most likely they just feal down (and maybe it's more mentally because they don't feal the same way as they did on aas etc) but it's not the same as a deep depression. If you feal a little depressed you can handle it.

I don't like the idea of using medications to help on temporary side effects like depressions/anxiety/sleepingproblems etc caused by aas. I think it can be very unfortonate to mess around with serotonin levels..
    Last edited by ace ventura; 03-02-2005 at 11:09 AM.

Thread Information