start cutting before cutting cycle or no?

I'm 243 lbs right now at around 16-18% bodyfat. I'm planning a cutting cycle really soon within the next 4-5 weeks or so, my goal is to be around 205-215 at 6-7% bodyfat.. I would like to start it a little sooner but due to money issues I'm going to have to wait another month or so. Theoretically, if one had to be ready for a show around the beginning of March, how bad would it hurt hypertrophy if they dieted for 3 or 4 weeks before they started their cycle. I mean, should I just wait until I get my gear or can I get an early start?

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    IMO I would try to get around 12% BF before running a cycle, you'll be alot happier with the results.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Quote Originally Posted by groverman1
    IMO I would try to get around 12% BF before running a cycle, you'll be alot happier with the results.
    I agree. 12% is quite manageable without a lot of lean tissue loss. Keep the weight loss modest, around a pound and a half a week and you will be fine. Below 10% I find I lose muscle like it is melting.

If you START at 12%, think how much better you will look at the end than if you start at 16%!

Aboot is offline Banned
    It's all about goals, and if yours is to get your bodyfat down to 6-7%, then yes you should start cutting before your cycle to reduce your bodyfat a bit.

Ok cool, I just didnt wanna lose a significant amount of muscle in the process but if I keep my protien high, say between 3-400 grams daily and gradually take off a lb to 2 a week then I shouldnt lose too much strength huh. Sounds good, me shall start today because I'm tired of being a fat b*stard

Thread Information