k_dogg is offline Associate Member

am i sleeping too much on cycle???

ive just started a cycle of test-e.
    my question is is 10-12 hours sleep a night too much??
    im on leave (from army) now for the next 2 months so i have nothing but time to train and eat and sleep. i train 4 days a week. sometimes 5. but i usualy sleep from like 11:30pm till like 11am. i feel pretty groggy for a while in the 'morning'.
    so i train at like 4:30pm and eat at about 11am 1:30, 3:30, 5:15pm (pwo shake) 7pm 9:30 and 11:30pm
    is this real heavy sleep going to effect my metabolism and synthesis of nutrients? would i be better to just concentrate on 8 hours and get my ass up and into gear?

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    if i sleep that long i wake up tired but thats just me

Quote Originally Posted by bignatt
    yeah i feel like **** when i drag myself out of bed. but while im there my body doesnt want to leave. my main question is if it will effect my performance with the absorbtion and assimilation of nutrients? because i feel kind of lazy all day after this and im relatively inactive throughout the day since im not working is my metabolism slowed down etc?
    or is the fact that im inactive except for the training beneficial for bulking?

Quote Originally Posted by bignatt
    yeah i feel like **** when i drag myself out of bed. but while im there my body doesnt want to leave. my main question is if it will effect my performance with the absorbtion and assimilation of nutrients? because i feel kind of lazy all day after this and im relatively inactive throughout the day since im not working is my metabolism slowed down etc?

Latimus is offline Banned
    12hrs of sleep is a lot man.......and thats 12hrs of not eating...i wouldnt...but if you need the sleep that much....

turkishexpress is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by k_dogg
    Are u depressed at all? That happened 2 me back in the days...

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    You should make d@mn sure you eat a high protein/medium fat meal before you sack out

staybig@gym is offline New Member
    Man I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN I SLEEP 10 HOURS EVERY DAY..I ALSO FEEL TIRED ALL DAY.

Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    You should make d@mn sure you eat a high protein/medium fat meal before you sack out
    yeah good point. my night meal is whey and flax.
    and nah i dont feel depressed. just tired as a mother bitch.
    might just start enforceing the 11pm-8am. that should be plenty.
    oh yeah i forgot to mention i get up at about 6am and slam down a shake then hobble back to bed.

Stumbo is offline Senior Member
    yeah, i bust my ass off at work and the gym and crash for about 10 hours a night, usually from 3am til 1pm, **** night shifts.

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by k_dogg
    ive just started a cycle of test-e.
    my question is is 10-12 hours sleep a night too much??
    im on leave (from army) now for the next 2 months so i have nothing but time to train and eat and sleep. i train 4 days a week. sometimes 5. but i usualy sleep from like 11:30pm till like 11am. i feel pretty groggy for a while in the 'morning'.
    so i train at like 4:30pm and eat at about 11am 1:30, 3:30, 5:15pm (pwo shake) 7pm 9:30 and 11:30pm
    is this real heavy sleep going to effect my metabolism and synthesis of nutrients? would i be better to just concentrate on 8 hours and get my ass up and into gear?

Well half your luck !!! I would be lucky to get six hours a night these days. I just cannot sleep past six hours no matter what. If you need it then do it.

RW3333 is offline Associate Member
    i wish i could get myself to sleep that long! I think anything past 9 or 10 hours you go into your next cycle of sleep, i think the second cycle of rem which means you need to sleep another 4 hours just to complete that. your cyrcadium rythem is probably messed up thats why you feel sleepy. try waking up earlier at like 9 or something and you wont feel groggy. its just cuz of REM stuff.

IronRuffy is offline Associate Member
    K dogg, whats up with the David Hasselhoff avatar????? Was that before or after his chest implants?

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    protein shake before bed or 20g of BC Amino's. Try sleeping 8 and then taking a afternoon nap for two hours(gets the natural gh working for you). plenty of sleep and rest is great for recouperation.

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    If you sleep for that long, you might want to get up at least once in the middle of the night and down a protien drink with some fats.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Agree. Or maybe some cassein based protein... NOT whey! I would have a snack available in case you wake up at night. The sleep itself is good. Promotes muscle recovery.

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    Well half your luck !!! I would be lucky to get six hours a night these days. I just cannot sleep past six hours no matter what. If you need it then do it.

I know man, i envy this guy I have only slept 7 hours the last two days, so i would be very happy with getting over 10 a day.. at least just once, good luck.

Thread Information