magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member

workout question

OK bros here's my question.... I remember in one of my classes the prof. said your muscles only need 48 hours to recover. And I, along with many others im sure, do everything once a week. To me it seems like doing each thing every third day would be optimal because you would get more growth..
    So i was thinking like chest, back on monday then repeat it again on thurs.
    Also i remeber reading somewhere that training once a week is good for maintaing but it doesn;t give you the ability to gain the most size you can....

I'm curious if people think this would be over kill and lead to over training or if it's worth giving a try? I figure that when on steroids something liek this might be good... but im really not sure.

I'm just trying to figure out something new to try in my workouts. (Also i was reading some article on arnold and it had his workout and its nuts.... and somehow he hit everything 2-3 times a week.. Of course that was his life so im sure he can handle more then the average weightlifter.)

Just let me know what everyone thinks... i'm going to continue my current workout routine for the next few weeks but i like to change it up every 8 weeks or so...
    thanks bros magic

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Everyone is different, so you wont know till you try. But that would defenitely be too much for me. I hit 1 body part hard, once p/week. Just experiment and see what works best for you.

-Gear

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    sounds interesting.. sounds like somehting i would try..

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I do chest on Mondays and I can still feel it on Thursday. There is no way I can train it 2 times p/week. I think with my body it takes a lot longer than 48hrs for my muscles to fully recover.

-Gear

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    ya i still feel a little sore a few days later especially when i stretch it... it was just an idea maybe ill give it a try to kind of change things up im not sure yet.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    The tri's are involved in any pressing movement, so besically they are getting worked w/ chest, shoulders, and of course tri's. You have to take into consideration that other muscles are involved when doing any particular exercise.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    I train so hard that one day a week hat i couldnt train any of my muscles twice

IronRuffy is offline Associate Member
    I have always gone by how my body feels... I will never train 2 days in a row, my thinking is that if I did legs one day, I should let my body concentrate on repairing those muscle tissues... Rather than coming back next day and doing back and biceps, I'll wait 2-3 days. It seems to work well for me but everybody is different...

Thread Information