jstanz is offline New Member

pm'ing mods for an answer

i was just wondering if it is possible to pm a mod to ask if they know if my source is legit. i looked on the scammers list and didnt see the co. name but i am still unsure seeing, that it is a foriegn company

Try Rickson. He can usually help.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jstanz
    i was just wondering if it is possible to pm a mod to ask if they know if my source is legit. i looked on the scammers list and didnt see the co. name but i am still unsure seeing, that it is a foriegn company
    You can PM any MOD or VET. We all have the ability to verify sources. Here are some things to keep in mind when asking for a source check:

1. It's a good idea to PM more than one MOD or VET (2 or 3) to ensure that you get more than one pair of eyes on the check. A while ago we had a terrible situation with someone who abused his power to scam people, so stay safe by asking more than one. You don't need to go overboard by asking more than 3 MODs or VETs...2 or 3 will be enough.

2. A legit source will be in the form of a secure email address: [email protected]. Secure addresses are from places like ziplip or cyber-rights. A good source will generally not use public addresses like Yahoo, AOL or Hotmail.

3. You need to supply the full email address of the person you wish to check. Why? Because let's say there's a legit source nick named "Mickey." Let's say his real email address is [email protected] (this is not a real source). A smart scammer will use the name [email protected] and still be called "Mickey." So if you want a source check, send the FULL email address.

4. If someone gives you a source then tells you not to check with anyone else or tells you only to check with people they tell you to contact, then beware--that source might be a scammer. ALWAYS chceck your sources with MODs and/or VETs. You choose what MODs and VETs to use. Pick MODs and VETs who you have gotten to know or who you feel comfortable approaching.

If you decide to contact me for a source check please find and send email addresses, not websites. I do not give out names of sources, but I will verify them for you (as described above).
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 12-04-2004 at 11:04 AM.

thanks guys, you are all valuable resources

d.b
    d.b is offline Associate Member
    Jstanz you have 20 posts and you are asking about a source already i hope you have done more research and lifted more time than it looks like...jmho

peace

db

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by d.b
    Jstanz you have 20 posts and you are asking about a source already i hope you have done more research and lifted more time than it looks like...jmho

peace

db
    what does post count have to do with having a source to verify ??

GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member

peace

db

That don't mean that he wasn't on here for 2 years doing nothing but reading and learning up. Don't matter if you have 1post or 2000posts. That should not have anything to do with it.

Jstanz like Bask8kace said make sure you check a couple of mods.

Good luck.

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    hes not asking for a source, just needs his to be verified.

d.b
    d.b is offline Associate Member
    Very true ppl just my observation...If you look at the ppl viewing the educational forum. verse the Steroids forums you will get my point...Kids are coming on here looking for sources everyday...and not doing the research first...hence the join date of Nov2004 with 20posts...hmmm you think he really has done the proper research before asking about a source...hmmmm me don’t think so...but hey that’s just me...

peace

db

i appreciate all of the responses and am thankfull for all of them, even if they dont agree with others. i have been reading and researching, and was asking for the day when i am ready to confirm a source. i am however, a novice on this board and i understand the concerns you as a vet have, i am greatfull, for this service and will continue to learn from the board. thanks fellas

Jackman is offline Banned
    what on earth are you talking about, thats what he is doing researching if his source is legit! as he said he checked the scammers forum.

Very true ppl just my observation...If you look at the ppl viewing the educational forum. verse the Steroids forums you will get my point...Kids are coming on here looking for sources everyday...and not doing the research first...hence the join date of Nov2004 with 20posts...hmmm you think he really has done the proper research before asking about a source...hmmmm me don’t think so...but hey that’s just me...

peace

db

guns626 is offline Associate Member
    I agree, It seems like there is always one who semi-flames a newbie for stuff like this. What in the fck is this forum for! No one on here has the slightest clue how much another knows about gear or anything else for that matter. All we see is typed letters on a computer screen, we have nothing else to base our judgement of a persons knowledge about gear and there is always one who wants to take the holyier-than-thou attitude. When in fact his first post was probably an open-post source request! If this does not apply forget about it, if it does then f--king change.

peace

db
    I had exactly 7 posts here when I became a mod....

(No...I'm not kidding)

I think Billy Bathgate had roughly the same as me when he became a mod, also.

Post count isn't a good indicator of knowledge. In fact...quite often...it seems that there's an inverse relationship between the two...

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Try Rickson. He can usually help.
    Your fired.

Send me a PM and I will see if I know them.

Have I mentioned Rickson? You may want to PM him ....

(Honestly, I only know a limited # of sources, and I deal with 2 or 3...so I'm the worst mod to ask questions about them...or do source checks with)

Thread Information