speedtraining is offline Senior Member

No more Gyno for anyone

If you get the glands cut out of your chest behind your nipple, would that result in no more gyno. I have to little nipple rock's in there and am going in for appt to get them taken out, any one have any expiernce with taking the actual glands out?

when the glands are removed in most cases are small portion of the gland must be left in. my doctor described to me that this helps keep the nipple "alive" figurativly, plus it prevents the nipple from identing into your chest. this makes gyno much less likely, but it can still occur again.

also, if you are going to get the gyno surgery make sure that your surgeon is going to do the gland removal, as some will leave them there (mainly surgeries covered by insurance).

MER
    MER is offline Member
    I highly doubt your insurance will cover gyno surgery. Gyno CAN come back after surgery. Even if most the gland is removed. It's not likely but it is possible. Just make sure whenever you start a cycle you have everything you need on hand, ALWAYS.

insurance can cover the surgery under some rare cases. and i was just trying to state that when a surgery is covered by insurance it is less likely that the surgeon will remove the glands. this being because the gland removal is looked upon as a way to prevent a "cosmetic" problem from occuring again. Insurance MAY cover surgeries if a doctor determines that the gyno was.. caused by puberty, painful enough to disrupt normal life, or a potential cancerous risk, the last of which is considered a breast biopsy, and not gyno surgery. in these cases the glands are usually left intact.

meat is offline Associate Member
    insurance can cover gyno do to the fact that it is not considered cosmetic . they are simply removing breast tissue from a male which it obviously does not belong . you may have to search around a bit but i dont think you will have trouble finding a doc

Thread Information