Ultimate is offline Associate Member

Question Letter Of Intent

I have a quick question the Chem supplier I aways order stuff from has for the first time ever requested that I send them a "Letter of Intent" and said they wont ship the stuff I ordered till I do...(I guess that is obvious) but my question is... do any of you guys have familiarity with such things... like what kind of wording should be best used and if I should put a variant of the truth in it so they leave me alone...? or should I just make up a nice story and see if it sticks to the wall? I know that the chem I ordered has several "uses" and just wondering if I should pick one of then and try to see if they'll buy it.

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    nope

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    A letter of intent to me has always been almost like a promissory note to make a purchase, without a purchase order or paying for the goods. The only reason I can think that they would require this is if you have a huge order too big for them to handle without it or that thet are being monitored by a law enforcement agency.

Are they asking you to state the use of the "research chemical " in the letter? Sounds like they are worried about johhny law. Stay away and find someone else IMO.

This is the Email they sent me. censured to ensure privacy

******, We are needing some additional information concerning your order.
    Our regulatory department is requesting a letter of intent and a copy of
    your drivers license faxed to us at 281-***-****. If you have any questions
    please feel free to contact us.
    Thank You
    Jessica

This isn't a regular chem research company this is a regular Chem Supplier but this is the first they've ever asked me for this that is why I am wondering... If you want to know more specifics send me a pm and I'll tell you a little more about it.

Exclamation

they aren't specifically asking what for do I intend to use it for but I guess they want something saying... "I won't use it for anything illegal so please send it to me" I'd post here the info about the order but don't want "cutieface" deleting my post again saying it's a source post hehe
    Last edited by Ultimate; 12-17-2004 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Updating

Anyways... as far as I underdand the letter of Intent thing it is mostly used to initiate negotiations after basic terms have been accepted, but since this is a outright purchase could this just be a release agreement of some kind? Coud it be that they want to be sure the person buying it isn't a minor or something and has enough brain to write the letter? Or maybe just as a release agreement saying "Yes I understand your policy and will not use it for any illegal or improper use"

Since so far this was the only item I've ever got from them that had to be shipped by UPS ground and was "Subject to Hazardous Material Fee" the shipping was horribly expensive for a item that only weights a little over a pound.... almost 60 bucks... anyways I think I worded the post well enough not to violate any posting rules... now I just wait for your questions or replies... hehe

alex117k is offline Junior Member
    I wouldn't sweat it, if the chemical you're looking for has several uses. They're just trying to cover their asses, and that release leaves them out of the loop. I know the substance you're speaking of, and you're right, shipping costs on it are sick.

P Rock is offline Member
    i just dont like the part of sending them a copy of your drivers license.

workdude is offline Senior Member
    Good Luck...

alex117k is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P Rock
    i just dont like the part of sending them a copy of your drivers license.
    If you happen to have a local chemical distributor, and buy from them a chemical that has multiple uses, some legal, some not, they'll often ask you for your driver's license - it's not a state law, just their inhouse policy - in fact, you're often better buying larger amounts than you need on some of them because the small amounts you'd use as a bodybuilder for one cycle or run of the substance are not enough to make sense if you're using them for their other, legal purposes. Often, they're cheap enough that you can buy all that you'd ever need in one shot.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    well, what are you buying. that'd be helpful.

Muscleone is offline Associate Member

Letter of intent

Smells bad to me. I'd do business elsewhere.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate
    This is the Email they sent me. censured to ensure privacy

******, We are needing some additional information concerning your order.
    Our regulatory department is requesting a letter of intent and a copy of
    your drivers license faxed to us at 281-***-****. If you have any questions
    please feel free to contact us.
    Thank You
    Jessica

This isn't a regular chem research company this is a regular Chem Supplier but this is the first they've ever asked me for this that is why I am wondering... If you want to know more specifics send me a pm and I'll tell you a little more about it.

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Muscleone
    Smells bad to me. I'd do business elsewhere.....
    Whether or not it smells bad, I agree. THe key to safety in this game is anonymity and giving up your DL wastes that completely. If for any case, their customer files get siezed by law enforcement, your caught.

squatster is offline Associate Member
    looks like thay are just trying to protect them selves. I would not buy from them. Find another distributor. Mabie thay are all ready in trouble. If you still want the product from them just send the copy of the licence and the letter of a legle reason of useing the product. let us know how you make out

Thread Information