bluestrm is offline Associate Member

Injection problem with delts.

Okay fellas, a little advice needed here.
    I tried to do a delt injection Monday, and couldn't do it. It was pretty strange, but it felt like I just couldn't penetrate the muscle. I do the injections slow, seems less painful that way...for me. The needle was a new one, and it went into the skin fine, but it was too difficult to penetrate into the muscle. The harder I tried to push, the more it was hurting, and it was not even imbedded into the muscle yet.
    Any tips? The skin on my arms is extremely thin and tight. Almost impossible to pinch some skin. My delts and quads are the hardest muscle groups on my body, but quad injections are a breeze. Now I'm nervous about "site" injecting anything else.
    And it's not scar tissue. I never used delts before.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestrm
    Okay fellas, a little advice needed here.
    I tried to do a delt injection Monday, and couldn't do it. It was pretty strange, but it felt like I just couldn't penetrate the muscle. I do the injections slow, seems less painful that way...for me. The needle was a new one, and it went into the skin fine, but it was too difficult to penetrate into the muscle. The harder I tried to push, the more it was hurting, and it was not even imbedded into the muscle yet.
    Any tips? The skin on my arms is extremely thin and tight. Almost impossible to pinch some skin. My delts and quads are the hardest muscle groups on my body, but quad injections are a breeze. Now I'm nervous about "site" injecting anything else.
    And it's not scar tissue. I never used delts before.

Sometimes I get a really sharp pain while it's going in. So bad that I have to pull it out, but if I re-position it a little bit it'll go right in. Did you try and re-position it. My delts are like rocks, and I have paper thin skin there too. Make certain that your not flexing the muscle too. That helps. Try massaging the area you're going to inject prior to swabbing it with alchy.

slowpain is offline Associate Member
    when I do delt injections I kneel down next to the sink and prop my arm up on it so the delt is relaxed when I inject, this way it goes in easy.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    I do the same thing. I sit backwards on the toilet and rest the receiving arm on the tank top so the delt is bunched up and relaxed. Goes in fine for me that way. I've never tried it any other way.

MER
    MER is offline Member
    I just rest my arm on my knee but yes I have had that problem, I pull out and relocate and try again, usually works and shoulders are my second fav site. Even though ive had a bad experience with them I keep on keeping on.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Agree with the above statements.

ALEXANDER42 is offline Junior Member
    Maybe just a little scar tissue from hitting the same area too often.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ALEXANDER42
    Maybe just a little scar tissue from hitting the same area too often.
    No scar tissue issue. He said he's never done delts before.

ALEXANDER42 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    No scar tissue issue. He said he's never done delts before.
    Sorry! I didnt see that in the last line.

Thread Information