Big Rush is offline The Juice Man

Best Prescription Acne medication...

I mainly want some input on the best TOPICAL solution (e.g. Differin, Retin a, Benzamycine, etc.). Let me know what worked for you personally. I have access to any RX acne med. I do not want Accutane though. Anything but that.
    Peace

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Clearisil.

Yes, I know that Clearasil doesn't require a prescription, but it's still the best shit out there.

As for the things that do requires a prescription, the one I recommend the most is d-e-r-m-a-t-o-l-o-g-i-s-t. Seriously, bro, a couple of the drugs you mentioned can do a major number on your skin if not used correctly. Your best bet is simply to see a dermatologist, who will tell you what the best prescription medicine is for you, because everyone is an individual with different medical considerations, skin issues, etc. And just because one script worked for someone here doesn't mean that it's the best one for you, or even that its effects will be positive.

By the way, I do compliment you on wanting to stay away from Accutane. To some, it's a miracle drug, but the list of potential adverse reactions and the precautions alone almost take yup a textbook.

gettinthere is offline Associate Member
    I was on differin for several years straight, and thought it was helping. Well i quit using it about a year ago and can tell no difference at all. I am going to go see a dermatologist next week though. I have some nagging acne that still hangs around every now and then, and I'm afraid it'll get worse during/after this cycle. Does anyone have experience with minocycline, the antibiotic pill prescribed for acne? It seems that since test and dbol cause acne from the inside that a pill that fights from the inside may also be effective. Whatcha think?

PunkRawk is offline Member
    retin-a worked ok....if you can handle the rashes in the beginning tazorac is fucking tops....

PUNKRAWK

Originally posted by gettinthere
    I was on differin for several years straight, and thought it was helping. Well i quit using it about a year ago and can tell no difference at all. I am going to go see a dermatologist next week though. I have some nagging acne that still hangs around every now and then, and I'm afraid it'll get worse during/after this cycle. Does anyone have experience with minocycline, the antibiotic pill prescribed for acne? It seems that since test and dbol cause acne from the inside that a pill that fights from the inside may also be effective. Whatcha think?
    yes bro,
    In fact I have some here now and might use them if need be (the Minocycline) or my Doxycycline (endless supply...dad's a doc. I did not like Minocycline. It didn't seem to work (for me at least) and would hurt my stomach even on food sometimes.

I saw the Dermatologists years ago when I was in high school. I've used Retin-A (worked somewhat) and a few others I can't remeber. Well, my acne has cleared somewhat now, but was bad in 8th grade. I'm hoping the AS won't bring back any harsh memories. Currently I use Benzac AC 5% face wash 3-5 times a day and Benzamicine applied every night b/f bed. I use Doxycycline one a day for up to 2-3 weeks for breakout (might be too much, but I do what I gotta do). It helps to control the acne pretty well. Asked my dad to Rx me Retin-A. I want to give it another shot. A friend of mine had great results with it. His face cleared right up after one month or so.
    Peace

bigwillster is offline Associate Member
    i'VE BEEN USING RETIN-A FOR THE PAST WEEK AND IT HAS HELPED A LITTLE.

Originally posted by bigwillster
    i'VE BEEN USING RETIN-A FOR THE PAST WEEK AND IT HAS HELPED A LITTLE.
    takes at LEAST 2 weeks for your face to get used to it and start to heal

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    i've tried everything except accutane and nothing works for me except time. i just need to wait for my hormone levels to normallize again.

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    accutane/neostrata combo is all out amazing

Farmer is offline Member
    I took acutane and it was amazing, the dry lips all the time were annoying but I fought em with my chap stick supply. My hair thinned a litte as well.

peace

landshark is offline Associate Member

wish my dad was a doc...

My dermatologist sux...second one I've been to that keeps prescribing me antibiotics! Minocycline, Doxycycline, Keflex, even Biaxin! None work real well, but that is only in my case, yours may be different as TNT pointed out...
    I did get some Triaz, which is a precription cream that comes in different strengths, but basically just benzoil peroxide, worked OK on face and shoulders, but for whatever reason doesn't do sh** for my back or chest...I can't win

Ya, I think anti-biotics suck for acne. JMO, but I've tried many different kinds as landshark has. Trying Pantothenic Acid now (with my Rx med's). Hope this shit really helps.
    Peace

popeyethasailah is offline Junior Member
    i was first prescribed renin-a micro by my dermo and it works, but dried the shit out of my face. then tried Differen gel which was gentler and i liked it... now a days i just use clearisil 10%(max strength) and it works the best i would say. the only down side to the clearisil is it bleaches your skin slightly, so you get blotchy if you dont spread it pretty evenly. i also was prescribed minocycline which took a while to start working, and didnt work that great... not bad though. a few buddies of mine use accutane and there is no doubt that it is the best, but you would have to put up with the possible and very likely side effects: bloody noses, highER blood pressure, dry lips skin and hair... cant remember the rest but i know that some of the effects are permanant, my friend tony hasnt been on it for like 2 years and he still gets bloody noses very easilly, and has chapped lips often. peace.

gettinthere is offline Associate Member
    I personally dont think accutane is worth it unless you have BAD acne, that will leave pits on your face when you get older. I hate dry skin just and bad as the acne, and the worst is when you get both!

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I had acne for 5 yrs..went to the dermatologist 3474067596 times and FINALLY the accutane 6 month treatment was a miracle..havent had a prob at all except some small ones during a cycle

way2rude4u is offline New Member
    Topical Erythromycin (comes in a roll-on) worked the best for me!

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    Vitamin B5 helps also for some individuals during a cycle,and i read that nizoral 2% or 1% shampoo also effects in helping with acne not positive but im researching it myself and will keep u posted

Roidbeginner is offline Junior Member
    Previous cycle with Test E and Deca triggered bad chest acne which took me three months of below regimen and laser treatment to remove scarring and stopped acne. I'm currently on Tren /Test E as well and the below regimen prevent acne formation:

1) roccutane 10mg/d
    2) clindamycin tab 100mg/day
    3) Differin gel (night only)
    4) hydrocortisone or betamethasone cream + gentamycin for big pustules
    5) certirizine/ Zytrec one tab/day (to reduce inflammatory response)
    6) 100mg lysozyme/danzene

yowhatupU is offline Junior Member
    Retin-A is probably the best choice.
    Anything with benzoyl peroxide will help.
    Acutane is really not as bad as it is said to be. The suicide warning was added because a governer's son committed suicide and he worked hard to blame it on acutane.
    I have heard that Proactiv is almost as effective as any perscription drug.
    Hydrocortisone does a good job, most people, and many doctors don't realize it, but it will effective your cortison levels, although I don't know how much. More cortisone means higher chance of gaining fat.
    Obvious the worst choice would be birth control, there are certain types that many women use to decrease acne. I also had a friend that was stupidly put on it.
    I hope that helps.

yowhatupU is offline Junior Member
    Also, if you use lotion on your face, make sure to use cosmogenic, and unscented lotions. Lubriderm is supposedly the best.

acnesolutions is offline New Member

Where to Find Effective Acne Solutions

Acne may not be a life-threatening condition, but if you care about how you look, then fighting it should be your top priority.However, with today’s modern technologies, acne solutions are now available.

douglifter is offline New Member
    I been buying my acne medication called renova from reliable-tablets.com they dont require a prescription and it worked very good for me

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    10 year old thread guys. Lets start up a new one if needed.

mbwood is offline New Member
    any sort of tretinoin works very well but it's a long term solution. It has a 1-3 month initial breakout period then its smooth sailing afterwards

Scabtree is offline Associate Member
    My personal favorite prescription topical is Clindoxxyl Gel. It contains benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin phosphate; works wonders (at least on me) if you apply it daily,

Aziz is offline Associate Member
    Bro get tetracycline it's antibiotics or stevia-a gel works great
    For acne.

sc2only is offline Junior Member
    Honeslty if its that bad just take accutane. Its a miracle. Whats worse. Bad acne or dry
    Lips. Just ask for 40mg tabs and take once daily. Drink lots of water. Gtg in 3-6 months.

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    OP, google Isolaz. It's a procedure typically done by a dermatologist or laser tech. Basically it suctions out the pores of your face while exposing the skin to a mild UV light that kills bacteria. It takes about 6 sessions to be fully effective, and it does get worse between the first couple of treatments, by the end results are fantastic. Proactive is great for juvenile acne, but according to my dermatologist it's not good for adult acne, as it has a different pathology. Proactive also has 2 antibiotics, so if your trying to go more natural, that may not be your best bet. One other option that works wonders for many people is raw, unpasteurized, untreated honey. It cannot be treated in any way, no heat, added water, nothing as any treatment or processing destroys the honeys natural antibiotics. Apply it to affected areas every night for 10-15 minutes in addition to your skin regime.

Accutane DOES work wonders for most people, but there are alternatives that are very effective. Straight from my dermatologist "Accutane should only be the last resort".

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    Also, this thread should probably be in the AR Spa, not the Anabolic Q&A.

ChiveOn is offline Senior Member
    I like Tobramyicin. .1% I believe came in a brown/tan tube. Worked well for at night. Nothing will work as well as accurate though. I've tried a dozen topical a over many years and none of it worked 5% as well as it

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    10 year old thread guys. Lets start up a new one if needed.
    Making me feel young keep it up warm ahah

creecr is offline New Member
    renova is the best. I been buying it without a RX here ttphamstore.com/?wm=10034&tr=8027

Thread Information