XCHEVYSURFNX is offline New Member

Need Help with Acid Reflux!!!!!!!!!!

Ok this has got to stop. Ive been getting acid reflux for the past 2 months now. Seemed to be started after I tried to do a Anavar only cycle, than I stopped. It feels like my upper left chest behind the muscle is in pain sometimes. Im already sure its due to a Hiatel hernia. But its gotta be linked to something else. Never had a problem with it b4 and it seems to come back at night when Im less active. When I try to sleep sometimes its nearly impossible, Maybe I think about it too much at night while I sleep but who knows. I know I started off in a bad foot when it was minor and I didnt know how to take care of it. Only got worse and thats when I saw a doctor. They prescribed me some strong antiacids and those only seem to make me dilerious at night. I was told from a few people to that your body reacts differently to anti-acids and could usually cause more acid to be created because your body is in shock. I read in the precription for nutrional healing book that hiatel hernias are linked to allergies also. That could be possible since Ive been stuffed up on and off more than usual to. Also when I take benadryl seems to help somewhat. But its not helping to make it go away permanently, just temporarily. Im guessing I could have a ulcer in the esophogus now cause it hurts so bad sometimes. How would a doctor go about finding a ulcer in the esophogus if that was the case? What natural foods can I take to help it? I keep hearing different things like Olive oil and vegetable oil but I havent tried it. Can someone help me out pleeeese?

ALEXANDER42 is offline Junior Member
    Go to a doctor to get an endoscopy done. They will sedate you and take along fiberoptc camera/scope and insert it throgh your mouth down your esophagus and into your stomach to look for ulcers,gastritis,hiatal hernias, etc.etc. Your symptoms are worse at night because when you lay flat stomach acid will go back up your esophagus(reflux). Also your stomach produces more acid at night. If you smoke or drink alcohol you should stop because these are #1 and#2 causes of increased stomach acid. When you get scoped they will test you for a bacteria called H.Pylori which causes ulcers. If you test positive for this they will put you on antibiotcs to cure you. Other treatment could consist of antacids such as Nexium,prilosec,prevacid,pepcid,zantac. Most of these are over the counter meds. Only nexium and prevacid need perscriptions. Also try to sleep in a position where your upper torso and head are in an inclined position so the acid wont reflux back up yor esophagus.You should also wait at least 3 hours after your last meal before going to bed.
    Last edited by ALEXANDER42; 12-16-2004 at 12:45 AM.

XCHEVYSURFNX is offline New Member
    Thanks alot for the tip alexander. The treatment isnt as scary as I thought it would be. No I dont drink or smoke or do anything to harm my body thats why its very odd. I even started taking this stuff from Whole foods which looks like green protein. Seems to have hundreds of diff types of plants in it and it seems to help throughout the day. Was alot cheaper than juicin your own vegetables. Just one scoop mixed with a fruity drink to take away the bad taste. Ill take your advice and ask the doctor about that microscopic check up on your insides.

ALEXANDER42 is offline Junior Member
    Good luck!

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I get it. Just started taking Prevacid to help heal the esophagus. It's working.

Matrix78 is offline Associate Member
    i've always had acidreflux and it always sucked i started taking Prilosec when it was a RX and it worked and not that it's OTC i just buy a big box and take one every other day (instructions are to take it for 2 weeks then stop) but if i stop for more than jsut a few days it comes back, every other day seems to work well as a matinace dose

Thread Information