57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I get slight paranoia

21 36.84%
  • No I do not

36 63.16%

Thread: Juice Paranoia

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED

Juice Paranoia

The first time I did deca /test enan I noticed that I got slightly paranoid. It's not major like it effects me throughout the day but I noticed myself not being as trusting and having strange dreams. Dreams about being betrayed and getting cheated on. The dreams are very intense and seem real and when I wake I sit for a few minutes feeling angry until I realize it was a dream and I have not been betrayed. This did not happen to me during contest prep. I did totally different esters. I'm a few weeks into a bulk cycle (deca/test enan) and it's happening again. I wonder if it's the deca or test enan that's causing this. Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me?

slacker is offline Associate Member
    not only you.. i got paranoid sometimes.. not really dreams like you tho..

The people who clicked yes, can you tell me what esters you were running? This has only happened to me while on long esters. Do you guys get this from short esters to?

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I get paranoid OFF-cyle...how strange is that?

jgg1221 is offline Member
    sounds like a lot of you are getting what clinicians call ANXIETY, not paranoia. paranoia is a form of pyschosis which features itself by developing fears of things which are imposible/not real/improbable... things which people who dont have these kinds of fears would laugh at... such as being afraid of going to sleep because aliens might try to anal probe you... or that you'll be be eaten by mutant crickets hiding in your blankets... anxiety could be something along the lines of being afraid that a group of people laughing in the corner across the room are laughing at you. clearly its possible, but coming to fear such a thing to a point where one acts upon it emotionally, almost reacting as if it were happening.

Quote Originally Posted by jgg1221
    sounds like a lot of you are getting what clinicians call ANXIETY, not paranoia. paranoia is a form of pyschosis which features itself by developing fears of things which are imposible/not real/improbable... things which people who dont have these kinds of fears would laugh at... such as being afraid of going to sleep because aliens might try to anal probe you... or that you'll be be eaten by mutant crickets hiding in your blankets... anxiety could be something along the lines of being afraid that a group of people laughing in the corner across the room are laughing at you. clearly its possible, but coming to fear such a thing to a point where one acts upon it emotionally, almost reacting as if it were happening.
    So I'm getting slight anxiety and it's manifesting through dreams?

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    I get paranoid OFF-cyle...how strange is that?
    With you, I'm not surprised.

jgg1221 is offline Member
    its possible. i actually get similar things happening to me in my dreams sometimes, or in real life.... if you take fish oils, omega-3's (specifically salmon oils), they have a tendency to calm the neurotic symptoms of anxiety

i myself suffer from social anxiety and i find that taking around 3 grams per day does help quite a bit... dosage might be different for others, since i did discuss this with my doctor

Quote Originally Posted by jgg1221
    its possible. i actually get similar things happening to me in my dreams sometimes, or in real life.... if you take fish oils, omega-3's (specifically salmon oils), they have a tendency to calm the neurotic symptoms of anxiety

i myself suffer from social anxiety and i find that taking around 3 grams per day does help quite a bit... dosage might be different for others, since i did discuss this with my doctor
    Interesting...

This only happens to me while on.

MER
    MER is offline Member
    Sometimes it seems I get real emotional..I mean christ I almost started crying from listening to Evanence song wake me up inside...And I never cry...

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    The people who clicked yes, can you tell me what esters you were running? This has only happened to me while on long esters. Do you guys get this from short esters to?
    Hmmm. I only get weirded (anxiety) on fast acting esters like prop.
    Last edited by Money Boss Hustla; 12-20-2004 at 12:12 AM.

somedude247 is offline Member
    Not paranoid.....just excited

Big Bapper is offline Member
    Find it comes and goes, was reading on another post about gear, bold in pictular causes this, somthing to do with receptors in the brain.........Can anyone explain this futher.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Same thing happens to be Carlos.. in fact me and my lady almost broke up over it.

But in my case my dream turned out to be half true.. it was about her ****ing my ex girlfriend. Well she had been talking to her.. and even went to see her. They like to eat pussy too

Point being i told her to stay the fawk away from her.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Anyway i get paranoid.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by slacker
    not only you.. i got paranoid sometimes.. not really dreams like you tho..
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    Anyway i get paranoid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bapper
    Find it comes and goes, was reading on another post about gear, bold in pictular causes this, somthing to do with receptors in the brain.........Can anyone explain this futher.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMike J
    Same thing happens to be Carlos.. in fact me and my lady almost broke up over it.
    Can you guys tell me what esters you were running? I think next time I will go with EQ/enan instead of deca to see if it's deca causing it. If I still get it then it means it's the enan.

Honest Abe is offline Associate Member

No rec drugs

Gsxxr

BigMatt is offline Junior Member
    Im not juicing but i know i got high test level...
    These past months i made great gains.
    Ive been having odd nightmare.

I go to sleep then 5 minute later when im just starting to sleep i wake up brutally and near my bed i see 3 shadow of people standing up,as i close my eyes and open them fast,they are gone.

I can't figure out what cause this...

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Can you guys tell me what esters you were running? I think next time I will go with EQ/enan instead of deca to see if it's deca causing it. If I still get it then it means it's the enan.
    I thought EQ has been known to give some people anxiety attacks.

Str8wca is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMatt
    Im not juicing but i know i got high test level...
    These past months i made great gains.
    Ive been having odd nightmare.

I go to sleep then 5 minute later when im just starting to sleep i wake up brutally and near my bed i see 3 shadow of people standing up,as i close my eyes and open them fast,they are gone.

I think it is because you are waking up in the middle of stage 4 sleep. At least i think it is we learned it in psych i will get the book out and check

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    I have never felt noid during a cycle. I just get very pleased with myself, on test, very happy on dbol , and maybe a little grouchy on anadrol . Never 'noid.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMatt

You need an exorcism.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    I have never felt noid during a cycle. I just get very pleased with myself, on test, very happy on dbol, and maybe a little grouchy on anadrol. Never 'noid.
    I get the same thing though. The feelings of well being, feeling happy. But the paranoia creeps in from time to time. It's very weird.

getbig32 is offline Associate Member
    well guys if this means anything i have really weird dreams alot right after i come off a cycle i mean not steroids but a prohormon cycle.....i mean it happened on the last cycle and on this one....i mean its about stuff like being betrayed by some of my friends and it tends to be the same thing just different people...and these dreams only happen the first week im off the cycle....weird!

Asmodeus__ is offline New Member
    HI.
    Well i thought i was a quite knowledgeable guy about bodybuilding and then...

Done a cycle with a lot of things, one of them (and the most important regarding this issue) beeing deca .
    Been on ephedra, about 100mgs/day for 4 months non stop.

What happens is that ephedra causes production of dopamine and serotonin.
    After months on ephedra, your body stops or decreases serotonin and dopamine production.
    Deca also contributes heavily to this, severely aggravating it all, but i do not know the exact mechanism, but it has to do with progesterone.

Stopped the cycle and the ephedra at the same time. Bad, bad call.
    Since my body wasn´t producing dopamine or serotonin, and my estrogen level was higher than normal, I developed huge depression, psicosis, and paranoia, and a chronic othello's syndrome. Thought my girlfriend, which i loved deeply to be always betraying me, which lead to losing her. Lost my job. Cried all the time. Unable to sleep. Attempted suicide twice. One of those times jumped from the 7th floor of a building. Apparently Bodybuilding saved my life (we Bodybuilders have more dense bones).

I will never take ephedra after this.
    It happens or its potentiated by low androgenic steroids , especially deca.
    Curiously, When on high androgen cycles, I do not have any of this. Example: D-Bol, Testoviron , Trenbolone .
    I know it's not a well balanced cycle, but I feel like a million bucks while on it, and keeping some proviron post-cycle enables me to get to normal endogenous values without any major mental or hormonal problems.

I'm almost fully recuperated now, but 2006 was a year to forget. As obvious, all of that changed me as a person. I'm a quite extreme case but the information's here. cheerz.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    ive always been a paranoid person.. i dont mind it cuz it keeps my senses up, especially at bars and clubs... nobody will ever catch me slippin'...

but i do have SERIOUS trust issues.. especially with females

Anaboxa34 is offline Associate Member
    I have experienced anxiety I guess, reading the above post, when i was running deca and sus250. I had previously run another kind of test by itself and i didnt experience any anxiety. It could be the deca but i think this happens to me because i generally do not take any drugs at all, even doctor prescribed pain killers when my doctor gives them to me, so when i start putting something foreign in my body i get slightly anxious. Just my thoughts.

SS1476 is offline Senior Member
    Good Luck bro,and welcome to AR

Its nice to see a new member who
    bumps an old thread,and adds info.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus__
    HI.
    Well i thought i was a quite knowledgeable guy about bodybuilding and then...

Done a cycle with a lot of things, one of them (and the most important regarding this issue) beeing deca .
    Been on ephedra, about 100mgs/day for 4 months non stop.

What happens is that ephedra causes production of dopamine and serotonin.
    After months on ephedra, your body stops or decreases serotonin and dopamine production.
    Deca also contributes heavily to this, severely aggravating it all, but i do not know the exact mechanism, but it has to do with progesterone.

Stopped the cycle and the ephedra at the same time. Bad, bad call.
    Since my body wasn´t producing dopamine or serotonin, and my estrogen level was higher than normal, I developed huge depression, psicosis, and paranoia, and a chronic othello's syndrome. Thought my girlfriend, which i loved deeply to be always betraying me, which lead to losing her. Lost my job. Cried all the time. Unable to sleep. Attempted suicide twice. One of those times jumped from the 7th floor of a building. Apparently Bodybuilding saved my life (we Bodybuilders have more dense bones).

I will never take ephedra after this.
    It happens or its potentiated by low androgenic steroids , especially deca.
    Curiously, When on high androgen cycles, I do not have any of this. Example: D-Bol, Testoviron , Trenbolone .
    I know it's not a well balanced cycle, but I feel like a million bucks while on it, and keeping some proviron post-cycle enables me to get to normal endogenous values without any major mental or hormonal problems.

I'm almost fully recuperated now, but 2006 was a year to forget. As obvious, all of that changed me as a person. I'm a quite extreme case but the information's here. cheerz.

djack99587 is offline Associate Member
    no paranoia , mad anxiety though

Standard01 is offline Associate Member
    I get a little anxiety no matter what ester. I don't get anxiety on low dose cycles and still gain decently, so I may stick with low dose cycles.

Pac8541 is offline Associate Member
    Carlos,

I've experienced the EXACT same thing you're describing while on sus. and deca . It caused huge problems between my wife and I and I described a lot of this in a previous thread about xanex. I described it more as anxiety rather than paranoia but that condition definitely came to mind. I made an appointment with my dr. and was prescribed ativan which apparently is more addictive than xanex so I really haven't touched the stuff much. However, I haven't experienced anything near the same level of anxiety during my current cycle of test prop and deca. I figured it was more about stable blood levels and how I was taking the sus. verses the prop but now that you mention your condition, its got me wondering again.

Now, for the record, I've always been kind of a suspecting and cynical person and thought the steroids may have just amplified those personality traits. And I also have rather strong trust issues with regard to women, maybe even myself as well. But there is no doubt that my cycle that included sus was much, much worse than the cycle including prop. Like night and day. Not sure if this adds anything to the discussion for you but I hope so. Best of luck and I hope you find relief. I know all too well how badly this sucks.

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    Paranoia? No.

Anxiety? Yes, sometimes...especially on tren . Nothing a xanax hasn't ever been able to quell for me...the pros outweigh the cons when I run tren.

-ShrpSkn

GHO5T is offline Senior Member
    You need an exorcism.
    LMAO!!

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    I get paranoid abotu my health really, not so much anythign else.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    Holy shit this thread is 3 years old!!!!

GotGuns is offline Junior Member
    Not paranoia but I've had some serious issues at one point - epherda caused the onset of insomnia. this along with the reduction in seratonin levels caused my huge problems when i halted the epherda. I got very depressed and started to doubt everything. I battled through it and came out the other side...now i suffer from IED (not related to AAS or epherda) now that makes me and others very paranoid!!

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    There is no need to bum a 3 your old thread.

You need an exorcism.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHO5T
    LMAO!!
    I see I've always been a smart ass.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Quote Originally Posted by Gsxxr
    There is no need to bum a 3 your old thread.
    It's old but the thread is still relevant. Relevant cause I made it.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Thread Information