johnsomebody is offline Senior Member

Proviron hinders gains??

Hey bros,
    Here's a quote I've found a couple places on the web, though God knows where it originally came from.

"One major problem with Proviron is that it tends to reduce the gains made from a cycle."

Any truth to this at all? I've read several places that it can increase gains due to reducing SBHG, thus making test more effective.
    Last edited by powerlifterjay; 12-21-2004 at 04:15 PM. Reason: source

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    Everything I have read about the drug goes against that statement!!!

Me too -that's gotta be outdated or something. I read it on a post at another AS site then found the link with google.

My understanding is that it has no anabolic properties in itself but can make test more effective by binding to SHBG -and it works as an anit-e.

I just read what it said on that site and Ir elaly think the idea that it blocks other ANabolic hormones from binding to receptors is wrong. I gain more weight using Tren or Halotestin in a cycle than when using Mainly Anabolic Hormones. Not to say the ANdrogens make me gain weight. But they do not hinder my weight gains.

It can be argued that any time you attempt to keep your estrogen levels down you loose some gains. Its mainly fat weight though, not entirely but mainly.

I just looked at those prices, that has to be the most expensive list I have ever seen.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    Any truth to this at all?
    No!!

Proviron doens't hinder gains

That concept is an outdated copy&paste regurgitated on the web

Russ616 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    No!!

Proviron doens't hinder gains

That concept is an outdated copy&paste regurgitated on the web
    I totally agree

detroit is offline Banned
    Proviron is a complement to a cycle, not a hindrance.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    I don't understand. Is this not an open source post?
    Priviron will hinder "gains". I see some bros count water retention as "gains" or "mass" or "bulk". Will it hinder lean mass muscle gains? I don't think so, the anti-estrogenic properties of the drug when compared to the newer A.I makes it kinda obsolete A.I also lower SHBG because of it's link to estrogen levels. Anhydo trenbolone is not a pure "androgenic " hormone it also the most anabolic .

detroit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    I don't understand. Is this not an open source post?
    Priviron will hinder "gains". I see some bros count water retention as "gains" or "mass" or "bulk". Will it hinder lean mass muscle gains? I don't think so, the anti-estrogenic properties of the drug when compared to the newer A.I makes it kinda obsolete A.I also lower SHBG because of it's link to estrogen levels. Anhydo trenbolone is not a pure "androgenic" hormone it also the most anabolic.

True - But loading up with DHT (hence Proviron ) while also using Test is great cause you'll have less Test converting to DHT(from the inability to bind) and as a result have more free Test which is what you need to build muscle. To me water is an artificial gain, but i see your point.

I know BIG KLG, that was a slip.. My point is that when I take Androgenic compounds my gains increase due to higher intensity workouts.

Oops, sorry about posting that site -my bad. There are a ton of those sites out there with gear info and I think they're all bogus, so no surprise they have bogus info. I'd read the allegation recently quoted on another site unattributed, and that was the only place it came up on google.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I have heard that before (only on the net tho) but IMO it is becasue it will keep the water off and some people see that as inhibiting gains.

Thread Information