JoeB is offline Associate Member

Help. Bursitis in the knee

My workout partner has Bursitis in his knee. He's not sure how he got it but his doctor prescribed Bextra. It's working to a point, but the pain comes and goes. He says his pain is acute only when applying direct force to it like kneeling, but mostly it feels like a pressure on the knee.

Here's my questions

-are there any steroids that may help this heal?
    -are there any other supplements that may help this?
    -would HGH be of benefit?
    -should he rest his knee as much as possible or work it lightly?

t-money is offline Member
    I would not advise any steroids .

Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM supplements can help joints.

HgH? Ummm...no.

He needs to rest it and apply ice to it every night before bed at the very least. Also take an anti-infammatory (tylenol, ibuprofen, aleve, etc.)

Bursitis in the knee will be much more painful when the knee is bent. This tightens the pattellar tendon and forces the pattella to compress the bursa underneath. It will go away with adequate rest and treatment (ice and NSAIDs).

T

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeB
    My workout partner has Bursitis in his knee. He's not sure how he got it but his doctor prescribed Bextra. It's working to a point, but the pain comes and goes. He says his pain is acute only when applying direct force to it like kneeling, but mostly it feels like a pressure on the knee.

Here's my questions

-are there any steroids that may help this heal?
    -are there any other supplements that may help this?
    -would HGH be of benefit?
    -should he rest his knee as much as possible or work it lightly?
    Deca helped mine but not if its actively swolen now. Sometimes knee bursitus can swell and look like a golf ball under the skin near the knee cap.

My doctor told me the best thing to do is: whatever bothers the knee the most, dont do that anymore. Let the knee rest and heal, stop kneeling on it, etc.

I had to lay off QUAD machine exercises for a whole year and when it laid off enough,swelling went away. DId the deca, the deca lubricated up the knee real good, now I can do any exercises I want with no aggrevation to the injury.

JoeB is offline Associate Member
    thanks for your reply t-m and Nt. A whole year? that's a drag. It's great to hear you're able to leg press again though.

If anyone else has had any experiences, I'd like to know. Thanks.

Thread Information