bigritz is offline New Member

winny v question?

Hey bro's, a friend of mine said he read on here that winny v (injectable) can be bad on the tendons. I guess someone had a hamstring tendon go bad on him and had had to get surgery, and other ppl had problems with it too. Im gettin over a bad injury now and i plan on using winny in my next cycle. Anyone have any input id appreciate it. thx for ur time .......later bro's

bmwrob is offline Member
    That is correct. It dries out joints and puts the ligaments/tendons at risk. If you are getting over an injury I would suggest to hold off on the winny until a later cycle.

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    It also increases collagen synthesis and lowers cross linking integrity, making for a weaker tendon.

bignatt is offline Anabolic Member
    ya winny sucks i like var

bigritz is offline New Member
    Hey thx for the advice and thx for savin me the money on 40 amps of that stuff cause i was pretty close to gettin it. later on bro's

Quote Originally Posted by Anhydro78
    It also increases collagen synthesis and lowers cross linking integrity, making for a weaker tendon.
    I've heard this repeated many times. I've never seen any sort of real proof, though.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    This is what little I found.

Stimulation of collagen synthesis by the anabolic steroid stanozolol .

Falanga V, Greenberg AS, Zhou L, Ochoa SM, Roberts AB, Falabella A, Yamaguchi Y.

University of Miami School of Medicine, Department of Dermatology, Miami Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Florida, USA.

There is evidence that anabolic steroids , which are derived from testosterone and have markedly less androgenic activity, promote tissue growth and enhance tissue repair; however, the mechanisms involved in their anabolic activities remain unclear. In this report, we measured the effect of the anabolic steroid stanozolol on cell replication and collagen synthesis in cultures of adult human dermal fibroblasts. Stanozolol (0.625-5 microg per ml) had no effect on fibroblast replication and cell viability (p = 0.764) but enhanced collagen synthesis (p < 0.01) in a dose-dependent manner (r = 0.907). Stanozolol also increased (by 2-fold) the mRNA levels of alpha1 (I) and alpha1 (III) procollagen and, to a similar extent, upregulated transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-beta1) mRNA and peptide levels (p < 0.001). There was no stimulation of collagen synthesis by testosterone. The stimulatory effects of stanozolol on collagen synthesis were blocked by a TGF-beta1 anti-sense oligonucleotide, by antibodies to TGF-beta, and in dermal fibroblast cultures derived from TGF-beta1 knockout mice. We conclude that collagen synthesis is increased by the anabolic steroid stanozolol and that, for the most part, this effect is due to TGF-beta1. These findings point to a novel mechanism of action of anabolic steroids. What? Besides using them for muscle growth?
    PMID: 9856839 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unfortunately the specific steroids were not named.

1: J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1992 Mar;74(3):411-22. Related Articles, Links

The effect of anabolic steroids on the biomechanical and histological properties of rat tendon.

Miles JW, Grana WA, Egle D, Min KW, Chitwood J.

University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City.

Twenty-four male rats were divided into four groups, with anabolic steroids and exercise as variables. Biomechanical tests and histological evaluations were performed. The results of the biomechanical tests suggested that anabolic steroids produce a stiffer tendon, which fails with less elongation. The energy at the time when the tendon failed, the toe-limit elongation, and the elongation at the time of the first failure were all affected significantly. Changes in the force at failure were not statistically significant. No alterations of structure were noted when the specimens were viewed with light microscopy. Alterations of the sizes of the collagen fibrils were noted on electron microscopy.

PMID: 1548269 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE

I've seen those studies before. I don't know how one can jump to any conclusions about winny and "cross linking..." from either of them...

I have the same study copied and really I think this part discredits what I had said earlier.

No alterations of structure were noted when the specimens were viewed with light microscopy. Alterations of the sizes of the collagen fibrils were noted on electron microscopy.

I got that from the article on Collagen Synthesis that you have all ready expressed you didnt like.

I dislike all unreferenced and unsupported articles/threads/claims...

(but I like you!)

At least I can admit when im wrong.. You have proven me wrong a couple times I dont mind that. Some good dudes have straightened me out on here. I want to be told when Im wrong..

Dont you think that section I pointed out in the Stanzolol study disproves that article that says Stanzolol reduces cross linking integrity

Where in that abstract is Stanozolol mentioned?

Im guessing this is what you are asking for????

Winstrol increases collagen synthesis. It will give you bigger tendons. However, your body compensates for this by making them more brittle, weaker, and more prone to injury. I can't tell you how many bros work out anaerobically and become injured while on winstrol. Guys who lift in the 1-5 rep range while on winstrol, to baseball players who sprint all out from a stationary position -- winstrol should be the LAST drug they choose. Most of them like winstrol because they don't get the weight gain from it but it is very detrimental to bros who train for any sport anaerobically. Tendons tear easily on it.

Also, the drugs I mention increase collagen syn while also increasing collagen cross-linking integrity, making for a much stronger tendon.

Winstrol, on the other hand, will dramatically increase collagen syn, but ironically it decreases collagen cross-linking integrity, thus making a much weaker tendon.

NO...you said:
    "The section I pointed out in the Stanozolol study..."
    which means this:

"No alterations of structure were noted when the specimens were viewed with light microscopy. Alterations of the sizes of the collagen fibrils were noted on electron microscopy"
    Which is from the abstract in this thread posted by BIG....which never mentions stanozolol at all. Go re-read it...

I see that now I thought it was all the same article.

Yeah...it's deceiving....

Thread Information