Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Matrix78 is offline Associate Member

Bathroom scale w/bf% reading

are these things anywhere near accurate at all, i got one and the stinkin thing is telling me i'm around 21% and that sounds high, yeah i have some fat on my stomach and such but comeone now my pictures are posted here if anyone would like to take a guess http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=140118

thanx

Aboot is offline Banned
    In my experience, no they are not accurate at all.

Fit2bLarge is offline Associate Member
    they're garbage

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    when are you getting your breast taken out? this is a serious question.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    I agree not even close to accurate they can be off anywhere from 5-10% which is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    when are you getting your breast taken out? this is a serious question.
    if you read the thread, i would hope in the summer, i've had it since i was 17
    its not as bad as the picture makes it due to the way i had to hold the camera, but i know its there

I would say 13-15%

Those scales do not take in account muscle mass. So if you are overweight because you have a lot of muscle mass (for ex. i weigh 195 5'10 considered overweight) it does not give an accurate reading. Mine was 17% when I was 7%!

thats one he|| of a differance

i can live with the 15% but 21% was just to much

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix78
    if you read the thread, i would hope in the summer, i've had it since i was 17
    its not as bad as the picture makes it due to the way i had to hold the camera, but i know its there
    It is that bad, and are you still juicing or are you going to wait? Have you tried letrozole and tamoxifin therapy. Does arimidex work for this??? I cannot believe you think it was how you held the camera... How old are you now? and i agree you only look 13% as I tested 16% last week and cannot see my abs(where all the fat is).

i'm 26 now, i had it looked at by a Dr about 6yrs ago and they said it was just fat, then when i found this place last year i found out what it was, i've cycled 2x now and did use nolva and it kept it in check it didnt get any worse and right now i have letro and nolva and i'm doing another cycle before i get it removed as the other thread says i dont have time or money for surgury and i'm in a wedding in May so i cant be all messed up, but after that i should have the funds and time to have everythign removed and be done with it one and for all

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    those things are fed info manually and then spit out a percentage....total witchcraft

It is that bad, and are you still juicing or are you going to wait? Have you tried letrozole and tamoxifin therapy. Does arimidex work for this??? I cannot believe you think it was how you held the camera... How old are you now? and i agree you only look 13% as I tested 16% last week and cannot see my abs(where all the fat is).
    I am dead serious here bud, you do look close to 13% not including your boob weight. You could be a gyno poster child, got boobs? Post that around town and nolvadex shares are going up.

I am dead serious here bud, you do look close to 13% not including your boob weight. You could be a gyno poster child, got boobs? Post that around town and nolvadex shares are going up.
    umm thanx, i've had it since i was 17 and i never knew what it was so i'm not ashamed of it nor does it affect me, but now that i know what it is and what needs to be done to remove it it will be done having it for another 6 months makes no differance one way or the other

You are going to not cycle then right? you keep refering to this other thread and you still will not listen to advice. third cycle to mess with your body for what looks like only a pound or two. trying to get from 150 to 153? fu@k please stop the insanity. Save that money you are spending on a cycle get your tits removed and cycle all you want as the glands will be gone

150 to 153? where do you come up with this? i plan to at least put on 20lbs if not more and how does it matter if it gets removed before or after i cycle?

MER
    MER is offline Member
    Don't waste your money bro. How the hell can a machine tell your BF by your feet. Get yourself some real BF testers.

i needed a new scale but there was no price diff so that didnt matter, so i got it... if i did want to check my own bf% accuratly what would be a "real BF tester"?

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Yea that is a heavy dose of gyno... very feminen looking.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Well a scale can't say dick. The charts all read we should weight 20-30% less than we do because it's 30 yrs old or something and doesn't take into account muscle mass.

Ntpadude........you're a jackass. You think he isn't aware and has feelings about his situation. Grow up.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Meso , I am suprised at you too. A little out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Well a scale can't say dick. The charts all read we should weight 20-30% less than we do because it's 30 yrs old or something and doesn't take into account muscle mass.

Ntpadude........you're a jackass. You think he isn't aware and has feelings about his situation. Grow up.
    thanx bro, the stuff these small minds say about it means nothing to me i've had it so long and never knew what it was its a joke between me a people i know. it is nice to finaly know what it is though, when i was younger and you have this lump in your chest i thought it was a cancer or something then the stupid uninformed doc tells me i'll grow outta it and its only fat... i just ignored it from there on out now i know what it is and what needs to be doen to remove it. its not my top priority in life i can live with it till i see fit to remove it, i'd rather buy a new home first than have surgury, i have those priorities straight

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    It depends on the type of scale if it uses an electric shock to measure your BF it's accurate within 5% that en't bad IMO.

Now bro this is no flame get that gyno removed before you cycle. I have gyno as well, my natural test levels shot up 3 yrs ago gave me two lumps.

You can cycle if you want but i wouldn't if i were you. Learn to eat and train properly first. Your overall results well be so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    It depends on the type of scale if it uses an electric shock to measure your BF it's accurate within 5% that en't bad IMO.

Now bro this is no flame get that gyno removed before you cycle. I have gyno as well, my natural test levels shot up 3 yrs ago gave me two lumps.

You can cycle if you want but i wouldn't if i were you. Learn to eat and train properly first. Your overall results well be so much better.
    thanx for the constructive critisisem<sp> i still dont see where it would matter pre or post cycle, if it got worse its still gone afterwards and if its gone ahead of time it just wont do anything

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    Meso , I am suprised at you too. A little out of character.
    I am not poking fun, I am trying to guide this misguided person who has done two cycles(look at his other thread) and is only 150lbs. I even state I am dead serious. Yes, I admit I am trying to shame him to the right answer though. He needs to not cycle until he get his couple of problems taken care of. And matrix if you need a new home for your family first that is very honorable putting them before yourself. If you cycle first not only is that stupid but it is selfish(money for your family).

I am not poking fun, I am trying to guide this misguided person who has done two cycles(look at his other thread) and is only 150lbs. I even state I am dead serious. Yes, I admit I am trying to shame him to the right answer though. He needs to not cycle until he get his couple of problems taken care of. And matrix if you need a new home for your family first that is very honorable putting them before yourself. If you cycle first not only is that stupid but it is selfish(money for your family).
    i am my family. my home alone. that has nothing to do with it, saving up $4K or more for gyno surgury is a far cry form saving $300 for a cycle.. hence i ment i'd rather put the $4K to a house (for myself) than worry about surgury at this point, 6 months / 1 year its all the same the gyno will still be there when i find time to get it removed, it aint hurting anyone right now so why fuss with it. And if it did happen to get a bit worse after a cycle then so what it still all goes away after the surgury does it not?

And as for as doing 2 prior cycles and only being 150, i'm not going to get into it i talked about it in another thread somewhere, simply put, 1st cycle uninformed had small gains but managed to cut bf% down, (i use to be aroun 170 33in waist, now i'm 150 w/29in) and for the 2nd half way in i had tostop it completly due to tests i had to get done that they would not pass me on till i stoped and my prtien and such was "normal" so that fooked me over real good and then i stayed outta the gym for about 4 months and prety much lost anythign i ever had, so... i really consider this a first cycle in terms of how my body is so that really has nothign to do with it..

Odin is offline Member
    Yeah I got one for christmas, and I thought I was going to weight only 215 pounds cause I quit lifting legs for 9 months but weighted 240 pounds and could not believe it. Yeah at 5'9 240 it showed my bodyfat like 33% which I'm not. Yeah I quit lifting legs cause may quad's and manly the glutes respond to much. Well anyways I love the scale.

seanw is offline Banned
    You wouldnt believe it, I bought one of those things just yesterday, what a peice of sh!t. I reckon I am about 17% bf and this poofter of a thing is telling me I am 28%. It does come with a disclaimer that it wont work well with certain types of people and Body Builders were specifically mentioned, and it also mentions not working well for people with water retention, I am on Creatine and just finished my first cycle.

NoobJuice is offline Member
    Why the hell r you guys being dicks? He has the balls to post his pics, he dosent need turds like you guys talking S#$#. WHERE R YOUR PICS. I could shred you probably.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobJuice
    Why the hell r you guys being dicks? He has the balls to post his pics, he dosent need turds like you guys talking S#$#. WHERE R YOUR PICS. I could shred you probably.
    Shut the fu@k up you P.O.S.! Why don't you read the whole thread and the one he pasted on this one before opening your pie hole.

odrorir is offline Associate Member
    I got one by Triana for XMAS, I just traded it out for one by atlantic Body that measues BF/Water weight, I will tell you all if it is any better. The Triana scale pegs me at 30%, which made me self-conscious as **** for a day. I know Im between 15-20%, because I have had it tested professionaly before at 23%, and I know I'm well below that, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by seanw
    You wouldnt believe it, I bought one of those things just yesterday, what a peice of sh!t. I reckon I am about 17% bf and this poofter of a thing is telling me I am 28%. It does come with a disclaimer that it wont work well with certain types of people and Body Builders were specifically mentioned, and it also mentions not working well for people with water retention, I am on Creatine and just finished my first cycle.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrix78
    thanx for the constructive critisisem<sp> i still dont see where it would matter pre or post cycle, if it got worse its still gone afterwards and if its gone ahead of time it just wont do anything
    I'm not getting at the issue of your gyno. I'm talking about your current base. Give yourself 6 months to 1 year training and eating naturally. If you decide to use the gear choose a cycle that will give you maximal gains w/o making your gyno worse, I'm wondering if gyno and male breast cancer is linked.

decadbal is offline Banned
    thats like saying, if u can see someones feet, youll know their bodyfat..its impossible to judge bf by wt alone

Anhydro78 is offline Anabolic Member
    I think they are not accurate but to a certain extent they are consistant. So it is possible to gauge your progress with a Bio-impedance BF scale. It will be a few % all the time. But as you loose BF the scale will most likely show it.

hawkeye1877 is offline Associate Member
    My scale was 1% off when i did it at home, then had someone do it at the club, so pretty close could jsut be for me though, some scales take into account hieght, weight, age, etc. which could make it more accurate

bignuts is offline Junior Member
    which scale is the most accurate?

bignuts is offline Junior Member

bodyfat

is the bodyfat scale under fitness calculators on hear any good??

Odin is offline Member
    Shut the fu@k up you P.O.S.! Why don't you read the whole thread and the one he pasted on this one before opening your pie hole.
    Hey Mesomorphyl, tis the season to be jolly, you don't seem in the season spirits. JK

seanw is offline Banned
    I nominate Meso as Public Relations Officer to the United Nations

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    yea i had one of those scales and it said i had like 16%... then i did a 3 point skin fold and came up with 7.6%. So id say they are not very accurate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information