latman49 is offline Member

Milk Thistle question

I'm finalizing my first cycle, which I plan to do around the end of May. I want to be sure on everything before I begin getting my gear. I will be doing 400mg Enan and 400mg Eq every week for 10 weeks. I've also decided to throw in some d-bol, around 25mg/day for weeks 1-5. Should I use Milk Thistle while taking the d-bol or wait until after I stop taking it? How much should I use? I've been researching this but have gotten several differing opinions.

4plates is offline Banned
    looks like a ggod cycle but i would bump up the dbol -30-50 mg ed wk 1-4
    start the milkthistle 1000mg 1 wk before dbol to 1 wk after.

ripped_82 is offline Member
    Milk Thistle is much better for cleaning the liver then ALA.

Well i have used saw palmetto on cycles and have gottin really good gains. I cant say what kinda gains i would get without it, because i always use saw palmeto

The liposterolic (fat-soluble) extract of saw palmetto provides concentrated amounts of free fatty acids and sterols. One study with a saw palmetto extract suggests that it reduces the amount of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) (an active form of testosterone ) binding in the part of the prostate surrounding the urethra (the tube carrying urine from the bladder).1 Test tube studies also suggest that saw palmetto weakly inhibits the action of 5-alpha-reductase, the enzyme responsible for converting testosterone to DHT.2 In test tubes, saw palmetto also inhibits the actions of growth factors and inflammatory substances that may contribute to benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Contrary to some opinions, saw palmetto does not have an estrogen-like effect in men’s bodies.

Over the last decade, double-blind clinical trials have proven that 320 mg per day of the liposterolic extract of saw palmetto berries is a safe and effective treatment for the symptoms of BPH. A recent review of studies, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, concluded that saw palmetto extract was as effective as finasteride (Proscar®) in the treatment of BPH.3 The clinical effectiveness of saw palmetto has been shown in trials lasting six months to three years.

A three-year trial in Germany found that taking 160 mg of saw palmetto extract twice daily reduced nighttime urination in 73% of patients and improved urinary flow rates significantly.4 In a double-blind trial, 160 mg of saw palmetto extract taken twice daily was found to treat BPH as effectively as finasteride (Proscar) without side effects, such as loss of libido.5

Saw palmetto extract has also been combined with a nettle root extract to successfully treat BPH. One trial using a combination of saw palmetto extract (320 mg per day) and nettle root extract (240 mg per day) showed positive actions on symptoms of BPH (e.g. improved urine flow, decreased nighttime urination, etc.) over a one-year treatment period.6 Another study compared the same combination to finasteride for one year with positive results.7

(

Thread Information