Thread: Help Please!!!

swest is offline Banned

Help Please!!!

Im off the roids and i cant bear it, ive lost a lot and my self esteam is so low. I dont feel like getting up no more...I hate the fact of being little, i am still quite little even if i have noticeble muscles, i have always been an ectomorph, no i just want to get big...i want to gain weight, no matter if its muscles or not.
    Im not going on roids anymore nor am i going to be able to work out so much. BUt please help me guys, advice on what to do to gain weight for someone who has extremly hard to gain any weight at all....
    I may take something if it helps to put on...but what???

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Perhaps you may need some counselling , not sure why you cannot work out but if you just eat everything in site no matter if it is nutritious(clean) and reduce your activities you will gain some fat. Eat more than 3500kcals as that equals 1 pound. Realize this is not great advice too.. good luck

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Are you experiencing any crying spells? Wimpy, sentimental episodes? When was your last shot, and what was your cycle like? Did you / are you using pct? Anti-estrogens? It sounds like you have crashed really hard and maybe have a bad case of estrogen backlash as well. It happens to a lot of guys who don't get a proper pct and don't use anti-Es. The whole syndrome can be pretty horrible especially if you have any issues to start with, such as feelings of inferiority, depression, etc.

First things first... if this applies to you, i.e. the missing pct and anti-e, get your hands on some clomid (clomiphene citrate) and some nolvadex (tamoxifen ) and go on 20mg nolva every day. Take 200 or 300 mg (maybe toward the low end if you actually are fairly small) the first day, 100mg/day for the next week, and 50mg/day for 3 more weeks. Stop the nolva when you stop the clomid. That ought to help you get your nuts working again manufacturing testosterone . Your emotions will be a lot more stable, then.

Meanwhile TRY to address your emotional issues particularly the self esteem thingie. This crap can spiral out of control if you allow it. Depression is serious **** and can lead to suicide and all sorts of destructive behavior that you might end up paying for for years to come. You got to back off and take a hard look at your life and find something worthwhile in it, something that you can say you are good at, or something you do that is good for other people or society as a whole... maybe something in your job or stuff like that. If you are involved with any religious groups you might find some useful function there... a new GF (or whatever your preference) might help you get sorted out. HELP someone. DO something. BE USEFUL AND PRODUCTIVE AND WORTH THE AIR YOU BREATHE AND THE SPACE YOU TAKE UP, and then take some pride in that.

Gaining weight is simple mathematics. Your body utilizes a certain amount of energy each day from food sources, and this amount can vary of course. You eat a certain amount of food each day... food that provides this energy. If A is more than B, you lose bodyweight. If B is more than A, you gain. It really is quite simple. Your apetite does not match your body's needs, and so it is an effort to eat enough. That is what a hard-gainer is... someone who has difficulty eating enough to gain due to heavy caloric expenditure by the body and/or insufficient apetite. You can train yourself to eat more. You can try eating more calorie-dense food. You might want to have blood work done to see if you have any thyroid probs. Anyway, it is all about EATING. Gear won't make you grow if you don't eat enough. You got to eat.

So you say you don't care if your gains are muscle or not? That doesn't sound like the statement of a young man with a healthy amount of testosterone in his body. You will come around when your endogenous test production recovers hopefully. Meanwhile get your diet sorted out. Figure on a minimum of a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight, daily. Get plenty of protein right before (whole food) and right after (whey) your training sessions, along with some sugars or other processed carbs that will help speed the transport of nutrients through your body and into your muscles. Train intensely, but don't overtrain. In other words, go to failure on your working sets but don't do too many sets. A hard gainer should probably only do one or at most two working sets per exercise and also be careful not to do too many different overlapping or duplicated exercises for the same body part, or fail to allow enough recovery time before hitting that muscle again. If you do this right, you will not only gain weight but you will see a significant portion of those gains in new muscle.

I hope this episode has scared the crap out of you. I really do. Not saying that out of meanness but you went into this totally unprepared. You MUST get your training, rest, and diet sorted out, and get a history of good natural gains under your belt before crossing over to the dark side. If you know how to grow naturally, you will grow when you finally do juice up again, if you ever do.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    What is up w/the repetitive threads???

~SC~

MER
    MER is offline Member
    Listen to Baron bro.
    Baron that was incredibly insightful, very good response.

did you take any anti estrogen? that plays a huge part.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Drink a bottle of olive oil every night before bed and wash it down with a gallon of koolaid. Eat icecream between every meal, chew on porkfat instead of gum. Jeesh i dont know what to tell you. Maybe see a shrink?

BDTR is offline Retired
    Get an electric wheelchair

slob is offline Member
    hell yeah. those things fly!

swest is offline Banned
    thanks baron, you really made me think and i got a lot of work to do,

Froggy is offline Member
    Move to Japan Bro...You might be big there...

Change your goals...not everyone is destined to be huge...strive to be healthy, wealthy & wise...its never as bad as it seems...I'll drink one for your future...Bro...good luck...

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    It;s the clomid bro... post cycle is hard. Just keep working out hard and eating a ton... it will pass.

c5529 is offline Member
    Great advice from Baron. Follow it closely.

Regarding your comments on self esteem, please go see someone. I have struggled with depression for many years, and trust me, you don't have to have the feelings you mentioned -- there is a tremendous amount of help out there....I also want to add that muscles and cuts should not have any impact on your feelings of self esteem...sure, by lifting weights you feel good -- there is no doubt that we all feel better mentally due to working out, but who you are as a person has NOTHING to do with what your muscles look like. We're all here to help, so don't hesitate to PM any of us....Hang in there Bro......Arthurb is right, you WILL get through this.

eport is offline Associate Member
    well you can take the plung like the guy in the documentary supersize me and eat mcdonalds 3 times a day and gain some serious pounds

Thread Information