BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member

Just talked to my Dr about Blood work...

He's faxing me the results, but he said my RBC, Protein, PSA, liver values, etc...are all perfect. However, my total cholesterol is 258 which is very high!!!! I believe he told me my LDL was 188 and should be under 130!!! He told me to cut out all red meat, fats, and most important EGGS. I know I've been pounding eggs and meat like there is no tomorrow. I'm sticking with fish and chicken. It's time for egg whites only. I asked if Testosterone is playing a role, he said eat smart for the the next month and he thinks it will drop 50 points!

Lesson learned!!! Make sure you get blood work done frequently!!!!! DO NOT mess around!!
    Last edited by buylongterm; 11-15-2004 at 04:33 PM.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Glad to hear you're getting yourself taken care of before it becomes an issue BLT.

And he gave you pretty good advice, though the biggest impact is always saturated fats, so cutting down on red meat (as much as i hate doing it) really helps.

Make sure to include healthy fats - monounsaturated fats like olive oil should help to raise HDL and lower your LDL.

good luck man.

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    Congrats On Bloodwork Sorry To Hear About Cholesterol
    Fish Chicken Are The Way To Go I Hear Cheerios Lowers Cholesterol Also
    Eat Lots Of Fiber It Will Help Also Good Luck Bro

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks guys!!!!!!

juiceinthehood is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    Thanks guys!!!!!!
    ANYTIME BRO

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    It's been estimated that around 2/3's of your cholesterol is due to genetic factors. So unless your diet is really bad, changing it may not be enough. In my case I was 'gifted' with high LDL and low HDL even when I eat a clean diet. Try taking policosanol, niacin, and red yeast rice which are all OTC and pretty **** effective - they brought my total cholesterol down from 240 to 150. Otherwise you'll have to use one of the statin drugs.

The home cholesterol tests you can buy at drugstores are accurate enough to see if you're making any progress. Before I had a physical, I used one and the results were within 5 units of the actual lab results.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Hey BLT, didn't they give you your HDL? That's the most important from what I've read since it's what's protective -if it's high it's not such a problem to have high cholesterol but since you're on gear it could be way low. Some dudes are in single digits on gear.

Walgreen's has a product called Advocate with contains policosanol, which is supposed to help correct HDL/LDL.
    I should mention it on a new thread cuz artherosclerosis from bad lipids is in my opinion the biggest long term danger to gear use, especially if someone is on half the time.

Take care.

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    was the b6 necessary? what does it help?

BigBoi83 is offline Associate Member
    i just had the same problem when i got my blood work back. i got it done again friday to check if i can go on accutane and im hoping for the best.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    He's faxing me the results, but he said my RBC, Protein, PSA, liver values, etc...are all perfect. However, my total cholesterol is 258 which is very high!!!! I believe he told me my LDL was 188 and should be under 130!!! He told me to cut out all red meat, fats, and most important EGGS. I know I've been pounding eggs and meat like there is no tomorrow. I'm sticking with fish and chicken. It's time for egg whites only. I asked if Testosterone is playing a role, he said eat smart for the the next month and he thinks it will drop 50 points!

Lesson learned!!! Make sure you get blood work done frequently!!!!! DO NOT mess around!!
    What do you take for anti-e's? Heavy steriod use and use of anti-aromatase makes for high cholesterol. Have you done nolva on your cycles? There is a research study that suggest the 40 mg nolva dose can make your HDL increase dramatically and LDL's go down. My last blood work done in Feb right after liquidex use and a cycle, I had 225 cholesterol and the new one after a 31 month long cycle using no liquidex and only nolva had my numbers down 70+ points into the safe zone and my triglicerides came down intensely, like down 110 points. Guess what, I continued steroid cycles, continued eating wendy's burgers, no change in diet, getting rid of anti-aromatase drugs and taking Nolva instead for anti-e made a profound difference for me.

BiggerBri2002 is offline Senior Member
    Hey,

What do you guys tell your doc? Do you just ask to get bloodwork done? Do you tell him you are on roids?

My doc is close family friend and I would rather he not know cause then everyone will know. So when I am done a cycle, can I just make and appointment and ask for bloodwork? If is ask why I need it, what do I say?

phreezer is offline Respected Member
    Were you on cycle or had you recently completed a cycle when your blood work was done?

Anaboic compounds cause an explosion of cholesterol in your body..the body uses Cholesterol to produce natural testosterone .. if you're shut down and using a synthetic anabolic ..you will have higher levels of cholesterol than normal because your body isn't using it any longer..

But this should return to normal with a month or so after your PCT is over.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member

oh sh-t, I'm dying...=(

However, my total cholesterol is 258 which is very high!!!!
    I just saw my dermatologist today. I'm on Accutane so I have to get my bloodwork done every month. 258 pfft, mine was 270 before Accutane and now it is 350 after a month of 40mg Accutane ED.

I'm actually scared sh-t less and need yall's help. WTF do I do?!? My doc said to stop eating fried foods...I was like, "WTF, I haven't eaten fried foods in literally years!!" My diet was 1/2 super lean ground beef, lean steak, chicken, eggs (only two yolks a day), brown rice and sweet potatos. Now its just grilled chicken, grilled veggies, eggs (switching to all whites today), brown rice, sweet potatos.

High cholesterol runs in my family, but 350?!? I'm going to have a f-ing heart attack and I'm only 24.

OK, coming clean...I just came off a very very small cycle of tren /prop. Very small: 30mg ED prop, 20mg ED tren, and some M1T. Please don't turn this into a thread about how thats not enough to actually do anything, but for the record, I gained about 12 lbs.

Right now I'm taking creatine, l-glutamine, a-l-carnitine, r-ala, and clen . Do any of those compounds effect cholesterol?

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    350 is really bad -especially if HDL is low. This is where the joke about looking good in your casket gets serious.

There's still a ton of stuff you can take, like what I referred to above that can make a difference. You might want to look at Nolva to raise HDL even if you're post PCT -it may have a fast effect.

You can buy kits online to monitor your cholesterol and HDL/LDL for like $20 each -I've recommended them before (I think healthkitsonline.com is the name). You just take a pinprick blood sample and mail it in for your results. Anybody who does a cycle should monitor themselves regularly IMO.

Anyway, what happened to BLT?

Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    350 is really bad -especially if HDL is low. This is where the joke about looking good in your casket gets serious.
    Yeah, thats what I thought...but she then went on to DOUBLE my Accutane prescription and just said that if it continues to rise, I'll have to get off the Accutane. I got a blood test in 2 weeks, I guess we'll see whats up.

Thanks for the post, I'll look into those things.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I was looking for proof.. before i posted..

I don't think dietary cholesterol effects serum cholesterol..it's more a factor of Total Saturated and Trans fat ingestation.

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abst...urnalcode=ajcn

http://www.aecl.org/public/content/a....asp?xcid=1224

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...t_uids=7310532

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/30/4/490

Saturated Fat..cholesterol influence theory:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...t_uids=6724660

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...t_uids=6691293

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Clockworks..hwo long has your Derma BEEN your Derma?

I think the pre-emptive action would've been to get OFF the accutane before the serum cholesterol gets higher.

hexadec is offline Junior Member
    I hope this isnt too old to bump, but I think I have some useful info for Clockworks. M1T affects cholesterol levels very harshly. A supplement that will drastically help with your cholesterol levels is a supplement called Red Yeast Rice. Here's a great link called "Protecting Lipid Profiles On M1T." http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showt...olesterol+rice

ALEXANDER42 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    What do you take for anti-e's? Heavy steriod use and use of anti-aromatase makes for high cholesterol. Have you done nolva on your cycles? There is a research study that suggest the 40 mg nolva dose can make your HDL increase dramatically and LDL's go down. My last blood work done in Feb right after liquidex use and a cycle, I had 225 cholesterol and the new one after a 31 month long cycle using no liquidex and only nolva had my numbers down 70+ points into the safe zone and my triglicerides came down intensely, like down 110 points. Guess what, I continued steroid cycles, continued eating wendy's burgers, no change in diet, getting rid of anti-aromatase drugs and taking Nolva instead for anti-e made a profound difference for me.
    WOW! That is a significant drop in your cholesterol. Do you have that study? Very interesting. I also use anti-aromatizers. Just got approved for life insurance so I assume my cholesterol is OK at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Clockworks..hwo long has your Derma BEEN your Derma?

I think the pre-emptive action would've been to get OFF the accutane before the serum cholesterol gets higher.
    Coming off the gear lowered my cholesterol from 358 to 211...thats a total of 147 points. My LDL is slightly out of normal range, and HDL is in the good range. Kidney, liver, testosterone panel all came out good...(yes, I snuck in the testosterone test...)

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Vytorin bro.. New drug.. combo, uses a lower dose of statin + another drug. Watch that LDL drop like a rock

ace ventura is offline Member
    What's wrong with egg? It's old school thinking that egg causes high cholesterol.

I think egg contains much cholesterol but it doen't effects the cholesterol level in the body like they were thinking in the past. Obviously there are other factors that is much more imporant.

darmadoc is offline Member
    Remember, high cholesterol takes years to cause damage. Having an elevation while you are on gear or accutane won't cause you to drop dead. Chronic elevation is the problem. Unfortunately, most people will need prescription medication to lower that.

Thread Information