Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member

what is cytadren (aminoglutethimide)

anyone hear of this ****, my bro wants me to get him some but i have no clue what is is or whats its for. help a brotha out lol

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    inhibits cortisol....helps out with cycle,makes it more effective at lower doses

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    It's a drug that inhibits your bodys natural hormonal output. I would not use it that's for sure.

I'd stay away from it too it has it's sides....

Quote Originally Posted by K$I$N$G$P$I$N
    inhibits cortisol....helps out with cycle,makes it more effective at lower doses
    Incorrect. Where did you get this?

anabolics 2004

If william Llewellyn is wrong I'll erase my post

"research was bare as to the best way to use it as a cortsol lowering anti-catabolic"
    william Llewellyn

Llewellyn, Auther.l.Rea, Palumbo all make mistakes especially Palumbo. Do your own research, up to the other day I found a mistake, a huge one at that in one of Llewellyns' articles in MD.

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Llewellyn, Auther.l.Rea, Palumbo all make mistakes especially Palumbo. Do your own research, up to the other day I found a mistake, a huge one at that in one of Llewellyns' articles in MD.
    Ive never taken it myself so I'll take your word...Plus it comes with a huge list of sides...Like I said I would steer clear....

"research was bare as to the best way to use it as a cortsol lowering anti-catabolic"
    william Llewellyn
    Using it for it's anti-catabolic, anti-estrogenic and aldosterone lowering effects would be great if those were the only hormones it affected. However it blocks test, gh and vital hormones at well. Not a good drug to use IMHO.

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    k guys, thanks, ill let my bro know. i wouldnt touch the sh-t after hearing what you guys are saying about it

Using it for it's anti-catabolic, anti-estrogenic and aldosterone lowering effects would be great if those were the only hormones it affected. However it blocks test, gh and vital hormones at well. Not a good drug to use IMHO.
    thats why they got these forums now I will remeber cytadren is sh!t and to stay away from it....

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Cytadren is both a of aromatase and desmolase inhibitor. It is therefore useful when using aromatizable steroids , though it is not the drug of choice for this purpose.

Inhibition of desmolase -- the undesired side effect of Cytadren -- will lead, at least temporarily, to decreased production of cortisol. Contrary to the other claims, there is no evidence, nor good reason to believe, that reducing cortisol below normal would be of benefit to the weight training athlete, and considerable evidence that it is a bad idea.

It is claimed that Cytadren significantly inhibits natural production of testosterone . That is a fallacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Cytadren is both a of aromatase and desmolase inhibitor. It is therefore useful when using aromatizable steroids , though it is not the drug of choice for this purpose.

Inhibition of desmolase -- the undesired side effect of Cytadren -- will lead, at least temporarily, to decreased production of cortisol. Contrary to the other claims, there is no evidence, nor good reason to believe, that reducing cortisol below normal would be of benefit to the weight training athlete, and considerable evidence that it is a bad idea.

It is claimed that Cytadren significantly inhibits natural production of testosterone. That is a fallacy.
    thanks for clearing that up bro....

Stout1 is offline Banned
    thanks for clearing that up bro....
    Dude, I have been at this forum for a whole 2 weeks and you crack my ass up.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos

It is claimed that Cytadren significantly inhibits natural production of testosterone. That is a fallacy.
    Didn't you learn to add refs to your copy and paste?

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Didn't you learn to add refs to your copy and paste?
    you and i should switch Nicknames you narcissitic bastard...lol It wasn't a copy and paste.. rather.. an interpretation...

Where you training for the New year Bro?

I think i'm sticking to C.O.B.

BassMuscle is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    anyone hear of this ****, my bro wants me to get him some but i have no clue what is is or whats its for. help a brotha out lol
    There is an alternative to Cytadren , it's call Remeron made by our good friends at Organon, the active substance is Mirtazapine it's a Anti-depresive drug but on healthy people works like an anti-cortisol. A friend takes it when on PCT and he said it works fine, can't wait to try it my self when I finish my cycle.

BassMuscle

Quote Originally Posted by BassMuscle
    There is an alternative to Cytadren , it's call Remeron made by our good friends at Organon, the active substance is Mirtazapine it's a Anti-depresive drug but on healthy people works like an anti-cortisol. A friend takes it when on PCT and he said it works fine, can't wait to try it my self when I finish my cycle.

BassMuscle
    Got any more info bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Stout1
    Dude, I have been at this forum for a whole 2 weeks and you crack my ass up.
    What like Iam funny Iam a clown Iam hear to amuse you....

Got any more info bro?
    I do have it in spanish, i'll try to find something that you can read.

BassMuscle

General info: http://www.drugs.com/PDR/Remeron_Tablets.html

This study is on depressed patients.
    "Mirtazapine Attenuates Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical Axis Hyperactivity in Depressed Patients"
    A DGReview of :"Attenuation of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical hyperactivity in depressed patients by mirtazapine"
    Psychopharmacology

04/17/2003
    By Anne MacLennan

German clinicians have found that mirtazapine rapidly attenuates the dysregulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenocortical (HPA) system seen in depressed patients.

They note, however, that this effect of mirtazapine is not necessarily related to clinical improvement.

Previous research suggested that dysregulation of the HPA system might play an important role in the pathophysiology of depression, and that normalization of HPA axis hyperactivity precedes successful treatment with antidepressants, write Dr. Cornelius Schüle and colleagues at the Department of Psychiatry at University of Munich.

Previous studies demonstrated that mirtazapine acts as an antagonist at presynaptic beta 2 receptors and at post-synaptic 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) and histamine H1 receptors. In addition, it has been shown to have an acute inhibiting effect on cortisol secretion in healthy subjects.

Dr. Schüle and colleagues investigated whether mirtazapine might reduce HPA axis hyperactivity in patients with depression, and whether this is related to treatment outcome.

They enrolled 40 patients who met Diagnostic and Statistical Manual - Revision IV criteria for a major depressive episode, and who were treated with mirtazapine 45 mg daily for 5 weeks. The combined dexamethasone suppression/corticotropin releasing hormone stimulation (DEX/CRH) test was carried out 1 week before and 1 week after the start of mirtazapine treatment.

The clinicians found that mirtazapine effectively reduced the overshoot of cortisol and adrenocorticotropin in the DEX/CRH test in the first week among patients who either responded or did not respond to treatment.

Dr. Schüle and colleagues conclude, "Apparently, mirtazapine rapidly attenuates HPA axis hyperactivity in depressed patients via direct pharmaco-endocrinological effects. However, this amelioration of HPA system dysregulation is not necessarily related to clinical improvement."
    Psychopharmacology 2003;166:271-275.

This is on Healthy ones
    Effects of mirtazapine on growth hormone , prolactin, and cortisol secretion in healthy male subjects.

Laakmann G, Schule C, Baghai T, Waldvogel E.

Psychiatrische Klinik, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munchen, Germany. [email protected]-muendren

In the present study the effects of acute PO-administration of 15 mg mirtazapine on the growth hormone (GH), prolactin (PRL), and cortisol (COR) secretion were examined in eight physically and mentally healthy male subjects, compared to placebo. Mirtazapine is a new antidepressant agent which does not inhibit the reuptake of norepinephrine or serotonin but is an antagonist of presynaptic and, presumably, postsynaptic alpha 2-receptors as well as an antagonist of postsynaptic 5-HT2 and 5-HT3-receptors. After insertion of an i.v. catheter, blood samples were drawn 1 h prior to the administration of mirtazapine or placebo, at time of application, and during the time of 4 h after application in periods of 30 min. Plasma concentrations of GH, PRL, and COR were determined in each blood sample by double antibody RIA methods. The area under the curve (AUC) value was used as parameter for the GH, PRL, and COR response. With respect to GH and PRL secretion, mirtazapine did not show any effects in comparison with placebo. However, in all subjects, the COR concentrations were remarkably lower after mirtazapine compared to placebo, the difference being obvious in the mean value graphs 60 min after the application up to the end of the measurement period. The t-test for paired samples revealed a highly significant difference (P < 0.01) in COR-AUC-values between the mirtazapine group (mean COR-AUC: 1558.07 micrograms/100 ml x 240 min) and the placebo group (mean COR-AUC: 2698.86 micrograms/100 ml x 240 min). Further studies have to elucidate the question whether the demonstrated inhibition of COR secretion after application of 15 mg mirtazapine is caused by central or peripheral effects of this substance.

Hope this helps.

BassDemon

Yeah thanks Bro looks like it may have potential in PCT. I'll have to find some time to research it more.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    DO NOT MESS AROUND WITH REMERON IF YOU ARE NOT DEPRESSED!!

Plz dont. Remeron is nasty ****. Nasty nasty nasty. The mental sides of it is horrible. It almost made me commit suicide. It slowed down my mind(made me feel dumb like ****), made EVERYTHING IN LIFE seem like a waste of time, nothing gave me any kind of joy whatsoever, no laughs, no nothing. All I wanted to do was to sleep and trust me remeron will make you sleep. First day I took it I sleept for almost 2 days straight.

Not to mention that when I got off it I thought I was going crasy. My mind was speeding so bad that I couldnt function properly. One moment I could be laughing the next crying. Those effects only lasted for 2-3 days though but it was horrible.
    Whoa! Did you use it for BBing?

Ok thanks alot for the heads-up!

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    No I used it to treat a depression...Maby that is what made it so horrible for me I dont know But the experience was so bad that I would never recomend its use for anyone...It did relive me of some anxiety but it also took away everything else that makes life worth living. Made me into a robot.

Not to mention most ssri's have withdrawal problems so I dont think they have a place as aids in building muscle. I dont think its worth messing with the head like that just to gain a little more muscle. I hate the reclessnes of psychiatrist nowdays. They prescribe ssri's for ****ing everything to everyone like they are candy....
    What was the dose you took and how often?

My friend takes 1/3 of the tablet, thats about 10mg daily and has no problems with it. And on the study that I posted for healthy people they only took 15mg daily, but it doesn't say anything about sides.

BassMuscle

My friend never had any sides that I know about, hasn't complained.

I may try it at the end of my cycle by april, I'll post sides and benefits of Remeron.

BassMuscle

Thread Information