inevitable is offline Member

AAS and diabetes

i've always wondered this... can people with diabetes use AAS?

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    as far as im aware yep, i cant think of any reasons why not, but im no doctor,

inevitable is offline Member
    i've always thought that they could but... but i dunno..... im goin to get tested for diabetes when i get off work at 11pm down @ the ER... i've had some symptoms and wat not... and it also runs in my family so i gotta be sure since im startin my cycle on monday

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Yes. But they MUST moniter their blood suger levels. AAS use will require insulin dosage adjustments. It's best for the person to tell their doc what they are planning to do.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Agreed..Diabetics can use AAS but:
    A Blood Glucose monitor should be utilised as anabolic steroids increase/potentiate the hypoglycemic effects of Insulin AND oral hypoglycaemic agents.

c5529 is offline Member
    If any of you remember Tim Belknap, he was a diabetic bodybuilder and obviously used AAS...Guess, I'm showing my age....

Yes, you can definitely be a diabetic and use AAS, but like everyone else said you will have to monitor your blood glucose very carefullly (and your blood results in general)....

Just my opinion, but if you do have diabetes, I'd put off the cycle on Monday and deal with your health issues first....Your roids will keep and you can start them at a later date....Diabetes is obviously serious, both physically and mentally, so deal with that without complicating your body's hormone levels with AAS....again, just my opionion.....Good luck -- hope your doctor visit goes well..

Thread Information