redwizza is offline Associate Member

very f'd up hair case!!

ive cycled a few times now, and even before i started, i was losing my hair. now after all the test cycles, including fina, dbol , deca with the cycles, i would have thought that id be bald by now. BUT, for the last cycle i began to use nizoral shampoo 1-3 times a week, and im still using it even now (post cycle 8 weeks now). my hair has NOT been thicker in the last 3 years than it is right now! so question here is, on a prop, fina and eq cycle (my next cycle most probably), should i say my farewells to my hair? how harsh of a combo is it? im defenitally gonna keep using nizoral but im being very realistic and thinking that it wont be effective forever. is nizoral + minoxidal combo known to be effective? im never touching propecia/finasteride coz i dont want to minimize dht levels.
    Last edited by redwizza; 07-20-2004 at 09:47 AM.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redwizza
    ive cycled a few times now, and even before i started, i was losing my hair. now after all the test cycles, including fina, dbol, deca with the cycles, i would have thought that id be bald by now. BUT, for the last cycle i began to use nizoral shampoo 1-3 times a week, and im still using it even now (post cycle 8 weeks now). my hair has NOT been thicker in the last 3 years than it is right now! so question here is, on a prop, fina and eq cycle (my next cycle most probably), should i say my farewells to my hair? how harsh of a combo is it? im defenitally gonna keep using nizoral but im being very realistic and thinking that it wont be effective forever. is nizoral + minoxidal combo known to be effective? im never touching propecia/finasteride coz i dont want to minimize dht levels.

I have had luck with only nizoral and minoxidil. I took finasteride for years without much progress, but had significant regrowth within a few months of using minoxidil and nizoral 2x ed. I am a very good responder to the minoxidil and a poor responder to finasteride. It all depends on how you respond.

redwizza is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    I have had luck with only nizoral and minoxidil. I took finasteride for years without much progress, but had significant regrowth within a few months of using minoxidil and nizoral 2x ed. I am a very good responder to the minoxidil and a poor responder to finasteride. It all depends on how you respond.

sounds good to me...thanks for the reply

kubano28 is offline Associate Member
    if u dont want to lower ur dht ,then my friend forget about ur hair,good luck

Bro, I would consider running Test/Deca if your worried about hair loss.

The three primary hormones that contribute to hairloss are DHT, estrogen and IGF-1. Each of these takes its part it contributing to hair loss. As with any cycle, you should be taking something to combat estrogen already such as Ldex or Femara and Nolvadex --these will help.

As you are not going to take Finasteride to minimize Test to DHT conversion, I would suggest going with Deca because Testosterone is easily converted in the body into Dihydrotestosterone (DHT). This reaction is carried out by the enzyme 5-alpha reductase (5-AR). During this reaction, the double bond between C4 and C5 is reduced to a single bond, and two new hydrogen atoms are added, one each to C4 and C5.

Deca competes with testosterone for the 5-alpha reductase enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT and instead converts to dihydronortestosterone which is much less androgenic--good new to avoiding any unnecessary hairloss.

Something else to keep in mind:
    Boldenone (Equipoise) - After the Primo, Anavar and Deca this is probably one of the safest for your hair. Although it undergoes 5-alpha-reduction, its affinity for this enzyme is minimal, so there is very little conversion. Moreover, its 5-alpha-reduced form is not as androgenic as DHT.

http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/H...air_news10.htm
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/author17.htm
    http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/article-...chemistry2.asp

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeefCakeStew
    Bro, I would consider running Test/Deca if your worried about hair loss.

The three primary hormones that contribute to hairloss are DHT, estrogen and IGF-1. Each of these takes its part it contributing to hair loss. As with any cycle, you should be taking something to combat estrogen already such as Ldex or Femara and Nolvadex --these will help.

As you are not going to take Finasteride to minimize Test to DHT conversion, I would suggest going with Deca because Testosterone is easily converted in the body into Dihydrotestosterone (DHT). This reaction is carried out by the enzyme 5-alpha reductase (5-AR). During this reaction, the double bond between C4 and C5 is reduced to a single bond, and two new hydrogen atoms are added, one each to C4 and C5.

Deca competes with testosterone for the 5-alpha reductase enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT and instead converts to dihydronortestosterone which is much less androgenic--good new to avoiding any unnecessary hairloss.

Something else to keep in mind:
    Boldenone (Equipoise) - After the Primo, Anavar and Deca this is probably one of the safest for your hair. Although it undergoes 5-alpha-reduction, its affinity for this enzyme is minimal, so there is very little conversion. Moreover, its 5-alpha-reduced form is not as androgenic as DHT.

http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/H...air_news10.htm
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/author17.htm
    http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/article-...chemistry2.asp
    Excellent post. Would never have guessed that IGF-1 was a factor/cofactor in hairloss. Thanks.

John88Test is offline Member
    use propecia...i am

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    god read man, what other combo's would be soft on the hair other than test/deca ?

KenB is offline New Member

Picture of my lost hair (20 years ago)now growing back.

Below are my latest update pictures. I will have more "after" pictures in
    the coming months. Growing hair takes time.
    If you think the pictures are real, post them around to see what others think.
    If you think they are fake, post them around to see what others think.
    Ken
    http://www.rk19.com/RKResults.html

c5529 is offline Member
    Beefcakestew, tell us more about the IGF causing hairloss. I've done a bunch of research on IGF's affects and I've seen a lot of conflicting info on what it can do to facilitate hair loss........

Thread Information