arsenegger is offline Junior Member

Potentially ridiculous Deca question inside:

I've been doing quite some reading here of lately.
    Now when you guys talk of "Deca "...do you always mean Deca-Durabolin (nandrolone decanoate)...or some sorta straight testosterone decanoate? (if that even exists)
    ...Just asking this as I just read that Deca can be a bastard in relation with Gyno and PCT.
    Last edited by arsenegger; 12-31-2004 at 09:18 AM.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    "Deca " aka Nandrolone decanoate. Testosterone decanoate does exist. Decanoate is just the name of the ester attached the the hormone to slow down its release.

Decanoate is just the name of the ester attached the the hormone to slow down its release.
    Thanks...yes, that's what I figured out.
    So when people talk of "Deca " here...do they always mean Nandrolone Decanoate (Deca-Durabolin )?
    Last edited by arsenegger; 12-31-2004 at 09:26 AM.

Yup.

...and am I right in thinking that a mild Nandrolone -only cycle will not really require PCT? (as long as I build down the dosage gradually towards the end)

joey11 is offline Associate Member
    no you still need PCT and you also need some type of testosterone in there too. Dont taper doses either.

Quote Originally Posted by arsenegger
    ...and am I right in thinking that a mild Nandrolone-only cycle will not really require PCT? (as long as I build down the dosage gradually towards the end)
    Dead wrong. Nandrolone is harder on the HPTA that king testosterone himself. Read this.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=131230

Deca is the slang name for the original brand "Deca-Durabolin " which was produced by Organon. We now call any nandrolone product with a decanoate ester that after the brand name, not just the ester (b/c then any product with a decanoate ester would be, technically, "Deca").

righton is offline Senior Member
    Deca will shut you down pretty hard so you will need PCT no doubt. Tappering off till no PCT is needed will probably take up to a year at least as deca is one (or the)of the longest lasting AAS.

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Dead wrong. Nandrolone is harder on the HPTA that king testosterone himself. Read this.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=131230
    Yikes!
    Thanks for the info.
    I had just started a cycle of about 75mg/week (I know, it's very little, but I do it more to prevent muscle injury/inflamation from training than for really gaining muscles because of the drug)...so do you reckon I'd need to add test/clomid/hcg ?
    ...or should I just switch to Primobolan ?

c5529 is offline Member
    you say that you're doing it for inflamation/injury prevention and not adding muscle size....do you have a specific injury that your are trying to avoid getting again?

Quote Originally Posted by c5529
    you say that you're doing it for inflamation/injury prevention and not adding muscle size....do you have a specific injury that your are trying to avoid getting again?
    The main objective is to be able to work out on a decent level (...and thus indeed gain muscle in the process)
    injuries:
    -Inflamation of the lower arms.
    -Also using it as an "aid" to build up muscle a little easier in my chest-area as I have broken a number of ribs in a car accident (several years ago now)
    Last edited by arsenegger; 12-31-2004 at 10:07 AM.

c5529 is offline Member
    Ok, based on what you said, I'd definitely switch to test with a good PCT afterwards...The other consideration is simply good diet, training, and cardio without AAS....If you want to gain maybe 10 pounds of quality muscle, you don't need AAS at all...just a thought....

Regarding the inflamation, I'd discuss that with your doc. There are some much better meds to use than deca for that....Your dr will probably try a cortical steroid of some sort which can be tremendously helpful to you....good luck.

Will do!
    Thanks for the help!

c5529 is offline Member
    no problem...good luck!

ace ventura is offline Member
    What is a cortical steroid ?

I hope it has nothing to do with cortison.

c5529 is offline Member
    cortical steroids are a different class of steroids than AAS. They are anti inflamatory drugs. They are the "stereotypical" injection taken by a football player with an injury just prior to a game for example.... Prednisone would be an example of a cortical steroid ..

ace ventura is offline Member
    So it has a positive effect on the injury? Not just a stupid painkiller that will allow the user to get even more damaged as he dosn't feel the pain?

c5529 is offline Member
    Yes, a very positive affect on the injury....as another example, many runners have problems with fasciaitis -- an injection of cortical steroids will almost always cure the problem.....Having said all of that, these particular steroids DO also mask the injury which can obviously cause more problems.....they are definitely not cure alls...

hmm... *rubs chin*
    I've used cortisone to treat sinusitis once and it disturbed my heartrythm big-time.

Thread Information