tattoomike is offline Associate Member

Milk Thistle vs Liv 52

does anyone know which protects the liver more, or does one protect and other one heal?
    any input would be nice
    thanks

Zennie is offline Junior Member
    Tattoo mike, I don't know if I will answer your question but you can and should use both simultaneously. Why not? both are cheap and protects in different ways. I get some indian guys who pays 42 rupees to get a bottle of 100 tabs directly from India and that is like $1 USD. That's very cheap to protect the liver! Milk thistle doesn't cost a lot either. Heard many good things about liv 52....definitely a must for all AAS users.

Milk thistle, in my opinion, is a superior product.

Nickster#1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Super Siliphos, which is like a methalated version of milk thistle without the 17aa is even better than standard milk thistle. Been know to even stop hep c in its tracks. Its called maximum milk thistle. Good ****.......

JohnDoe1234 is offline Member
    I've heard that Milk Thistle can inhibit protein synthesis. i've used it in the past, but I think I will try the Liv-52 in the future, since hearing about this side effect associated with milk thistle.

Why would you methylate a product for detoxifying your liver? This would place more stress on the liver, wouldn't it? Because the extra methyl group can't be removed metabolically?

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Agreed. I have tried both and actually feel better with the thistle.

zodiac66 is offline Associate Member
    Just picked up some milk thistle at sav-ons...made my natures resource, 280mg caps. 10 bucks.

how much should i take of either?
    and when i ask for maximum milk thistle what name brand is there?

ozmax98 is offline Associate Member
    what doses do u guys usually take of milk thistle while "On"???.. and what do u guys mean by u feel great?? milk thistle gives u some type of energy?? i'm confused.

ozmax98 is offline Associate Member
    what doses do u guys usually take of milk thistle while "On"???.. and what do u guys mean by u feel great?? milk thistle gives u some type of energy?? i'm confused.

Deeno is offline New Member
    ^I'm curious as to the above asked question as well. Do you feel less sides from one substance compared to the other? IMO, unless someone has lab results of tested liver values we can not make an assumption as to whether one works better then the other; we can go on subjective information on how we 'feel' but this may not be wholly accurate.

seanw is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe1234
    I've heard that Milk Thistle can inhibit protein synthesis. i've used it in the past, but I think I will try the Liv-52 in the future, since hearing about this side effect associated with milk thistle.
    What side affects are there with Milkthistle ?

just a healthier liver i think, but my doctor told me that you should not take milk thistle if you already have liver problems, my fathers friend had liver cancer and took milk thistle, told the doctor that he took it and the doc nearley jumped out of the chair and told him to stop immediatly.

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Thats probably because milk thistle regenerates new cell growth in the liver and since he had cancer it would aggrivate the cancer and cause it to spread to the new cells.

kaorialfred is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    Thats probably because milk thistle regenerates new cell growth in the liver and since he had cancer it would aggrivate the cancer and cause it to spread to the new cells.
    in more or less words I was told the same thing by a dr. working out at the gym

Taoist is offline New Member
    tattoomike

Have a look if you can get Legalon 70 or 140. This is pharmaceutical grade liver protectant. Very common in europe and south africa.

It is made from pure isolated sylmarin which is active ingredient in milk thistle.

Legalon has absolutely loads of studies showing various benefits for liver protection, it is also much more effective than just the milk thistle herb.

Thread Information