Thread: Keeping Gains

Barkley9 is offline Junior Member

Keeping Gains

Hey guys, ...... a training buddy of mine recently finished his cycle of test cyp. at 400 a week with dbol as a kick start. He ran the test for 14 weeks. he put roughly 20 pounds.

He is now on week six of his PCT.. ( he is following anthony roberts PCT).... the gains he kept are amazing... he has only dropped two pounds at most since his PCT started.... ... to me that seems to be amazing..... do you guys think that these gains will be held onto for good now... or is there a chance he can lose more...

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Barkley9; 02-09-2008 at 02:54 PM.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    What's the question?

i am just curious to see if that amount of the gains can be held onto...

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Everyone is different what works for one person, might not work for another. It's all about experimentation to see what works best for your own body. As long as you keep your training up and calories where there supposed to be ,for you, and you get plenty of rest, then it might be possible to keep more of your gains. Factors like stress and daily life could also effect you as well. Too many variable to list.

sphincter is offline Member
    pretty much by week three he should be mostly O.K. as long as he is eating enough maintenance cals for his new body weight.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox View Post
    Everyone is different what works for one person, might not work for another. It's all about experimentation to see what works best for your own body. As long as you keep your training up and calories where there supposed to be ,for you, and you get plenty of rest, then it might be possible to keep more of your gains. Factors like stress and daily life could also effect you as well. Too many variable to list.
    Yepp! hes 100%^^^^^

testisbest is offline Senior Member
    i'm sorry to say but your training buddy must have been a small guy to begin with. I've never heard of a 200+ pound guy with 14% or lower body fat maintaining more than 12 to 15 pounds of lean mass post cycle. I've only seen this with guys that are 160 to 185 maybe that can gain that kind of muscle if it's all muscle. Half is probably fat. Congrats to him though, impressive to say the least.

thanks for the replys... and yeah he is 5'10... 195 now (after Cycle)... was 175

Thread Information