Thread: Long Layoff

Flynman is offline Associate Member

Long Layoff

Here's my problem. I am comming off a 5 month layoff due to illness and I'm going back to the gym finally. This is the one of the longest layoffs I've had since I started training about 27 years ago. I finished my last cycle in July 04 and havent trained or excercised since aug.04. I've lost just about all my gains and size. The good part is I also gain very quickly naturally. How long do you think I should train before starting a cycle. Has anyone gone through this? My cycle will consist of: Test E 500mg wk, Deca 300mg wk for 8weeks. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Peace

MER
    MER is offline Member
    I would give it till you've at least attained most the gains youve had before your layoff. It shouldn't take too long but I went through the same thing but my layoff was 3 months when I was breaking up with my ex and moving out. The stress and everything was terrible on my body but right now I am the heaviest I've ever been.
    Whats your past look like?

ROZ
    ROZ is offline Junior Member
    Definitely train clean initially. Let you body naturally get back into the swing of things first. Roids will speed up muscle growth not tendon and ligiment strength. If you jump right back into it your asking for an injury. STRETCH a lot when you go back

good luck

Flynman is offline Associate Member
    Been pretty healthy physically & mentally (before getting sick). I have only put on about 8 lbs but my body composition has changed quite a bit. I was around 5'7 210 9-10% bf. I'm a soft 218lbs right now. I know that the excercise will help speed the recovery but like most muscles heads I may push too hard too fast. Guess I'll just listen to the body and go from there!

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Muscle memory is a wonderful thing

eport is offline Associate Member
    yes i would train nat for about 3 months but make sure you go ballz to the wall when training and also get that diet in check go to the diet forum

-c ya good luck

Thread Information