Georgie is offline Member

People who run low dose cycles

I plan on running a fairly low dose upcoming cycle. I was either going to run test c at 400mg/wk (split up into biweekly injections) for 10wks, or test c at 300mg for 13 weeks. My stats are 27 years old. 205 pounds. 11% bf. I have been seriously lifting for well over 10 years. Previous cycles have included low doses of test (200mg-500mg tops) with winstrol towards the end at 50mg ED. My goal for this cycle is pretty much cutting. I want to drop as much body fat as possible while maintaining strength and current size. My diet will be in check. My question is (for my goals) does anyone see any benefits (please explain why) to cutting down the dosage and extending the cycle from 10 to 13 weeks? I will be running winstrol for a small amount of time towards the end of the cycle. 50mg injected ED for 20 days. I know its not much but it will help ease into PCT. Letro throughout the cycle, and clomid and nolva for PCT of course. Any suggestions for letro dosages? I was thinking .5 mg EOD.

PS I know there are other substances such as var that I could use to cut and maintain strength, but I like test so no alternative substance suggestions please Thanks
    Last edited by Georgie; 01-04-2005 at 04:14 AM.

IronRuffy is offline Associate Member
    Have you only a limited amount of test you can get your hands on? Most running this low of dose would opt to stay on for longer periods of time....If you are going with the 10 weeker I would jump start this cycle with some prop, infact I would switch to prop for the whole cycle...

newbrew is offline Senior Member
    bump.

I am interested in this too. I was thinking of 300/mg week for 8 weeks. may decide to just order more and extend the cycle. This will also be my first. I am only looking for around 10-12 pounds of gain for this cycle. Not looking to completely transform my body just yet. Id prefer to do it slow, and with quality.

Hooligan is offline Associate Member
    If you're jumpstarting with Prop just remember a "10-Week Cycle" of Prop + Cypionate makes it a significantly longer cycle... more like 12-13 weeks.

It is obvious that you incur HPTA suppression within the first week in such cycles...

opposed to a long chain only cycle where the first 2-3 weeks before the supplemental test levels significantly begin to rise---your natural test is still active.

Therefore a "10 week cycle" of long-chain esters turns out to be about 10 weeks of HRT, whereas a "10 week cycle" including a fast acting jumpstart is actually more like 12-13 weeks of HRT (bearing in mind the long chainers are still active 2 week or so after the last injection at the 10 wk mark). Just keep in mind for suppression calculation purposes.

wired-up is offline Member
    run prop not cyp if you're wanting to cut. if you really want to cut, run prop with tren ace and winny. var is good to cut with, but don't run both var and winny.

Quote Originally Posted by IronRuffy
    Have you only a limited amount of test you can get your hands on? Most running this low of dose would opt to stay on for longer periods of time....If you are going with the 10 weeker I would jump start this cycle with some prop, infact I would switch to prop for the whole cycle...

Yes, i do actually have a limited amount of test. I have a few bottles of things lying around from old cycles.... I don't really feel like throwing a whole lot of money into this. I figure a small maintenace cycle before summer couldn't hurt anything. I'm not even really wanting to put on any pounds. I just want to really hit the cardio hard without losing my current size. I'm just not sure which would be more beneficial, the 10 or 13 weeker. Like I said before I know there are ccompouds that are more beneficial for cutting, such as var, tren , prop etc but I want to work with what I have lying around.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Don't bother with an 8 weeker... your actual growth period will be relatively shorter. 10 weeks is about a good minimum for a test cycle. My rule of thumb is a mg per week per pound of bodyweight to see any significant gains. I have seen men get satisfying results from 200mg/week, and at those doses you generally see easily kept gains as opposed to most test-only cycles at higher doses. You might only see 10 lbs and keep 8 as opposed to gaining 25 and keeping 10... I think the biggest bang for the buck for a limited quantity of test is to do a light to moderate dose for a longer period, up to around 16 weeks. Your body gets used to the extra mass and tends to not shed it as easily. BUT... recovery can be more troublesome with the longer cycle for some folks. Once you are shut down, you are shut down, and more gear doesn't necessarily shut you down any harder... you are already shut down with the dead nuts. But time on seems to affect recovery much more significantly. It is easy to come off a 10 weeker, which is a good reason to recommend a 10 week cycle for a raw newbie. Go over 4 months, though, and you got your hands full. Or actually you got your hands empty, lol!

If you got your pct stuff ready and especially if you have hcg on hand, I say stretch it out. Just don't under any circumstances lower the dose to under 200mg/week cause then you are shutting yourself down but only replacing your missing test and not exceeding your natural production with the exogenous test to a meaningful degree. In other words, lose/lose situation. 300 mg per week should do you fine, and 13 weeks is a nice cycle length for a light dose.

Definitely let us know how you make out. There are many folks here who for a variety of reasons are interested in low dose cycles. The low sides, low cost, longer cycles, steady gains, all have an undeniable attractiveness even for some old hands. Add to our knowledge!

Hooligan is offline Associate Member
    I Bow to the Baron. I agree that you should try and get the greatest gains off the least amount as possible. That way you have room to step up in future cycles etc. Recommended reading: Doggcrap. Test is best...and keep the dose as low as possible where you're still gaining.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    Don't bother with an 8 weeker... your actual growth period will be relatively shorter. 10 weeks is about a good minimum for a test cycle. My rule of thumb is a mg per week per pound of bodyweight to see any significant gains. I have seen men get satisfying results from 200mg/week, and at those doses you generally see easily kept gains as opposed to most test-only cycles at higher doses. You might only see 10 lbs and keep 8 as opposed to gaining 25 and keeping 10... I think the biggest bang for the buck for a limited quantity of test is to do a light to moderate dose for a longer period, up to around 16 weeks. Your body gets used to the extra mass and tends to not shed it as easily. BUT... recovery can be more troublesome with the longer cycle for some folks. Once you are shut down, you are shut down, and more gear doesn't necessarily shut you down any harder... you are already shut down with the dead nuts. But time on seems to affect recovery much more significantly. It is easy to come off a 10 weeker, which is a good reason to recommend a 10 week cycle for a raw newbie. Go over 4 months, though, and you got your hands full. Or actually you got your hands empty, lol!

If you got your pct stuff ready and especially if you have hcg on hand, I say stretch it out. Just don't under any circumstances lower the dose to under 200mg/week cause then you are shutting yourself down but only replacing your missing test and not exceeding your natural production with the exogenous test to a meaningful degree. In other words, lose/lose situation. 300 mg per week should do you fine, and 13 weeks is a nice cycle length for a light dose.

Definitely let us know how you make out. There are many folks here who for a variety of reasons are interested in low dose cycles. The low sides, low cost, longer cycles, steady gains, all have an undeniable attractiveness even for some old hands. Add to our knowledge!

Yeah, I think I have decided to go with the 300mg/w (150mg biweekly injections) for 13 weeks, with winny for the last 20 days (taking into account the 2 weeks the test will still be active after the last shot). I'll let you know how it goes. If i can get hold of a camera I will post some pics.

Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    Interesting thread....thanks for the low does insight.

Thread Information