fitnessNY is offline Senior Member

Blocking receptors with Nolvadex?

I found this on another board that I am on. What do you think of this?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blocking receptors with nolvadex bad?
    I had an interesting hypothesis.

Would running an AI like arimidex or femera be more beneficial that stops the conversion of estrogen rather than running a SERM like nolvadex that acts as a weak estrogen still attaching to the receptor thus blocking estrogen but also blocking the androgen?

Would it be more beneficial to keep the receptor open to more androgens and stop estrogen conversion completely. I think more receptors would be left open using this method.

This is a theory based on the idea that to much test converts to estrogen and floods the receptors. If we stop the conversion in theory the receptors should not be flooded by estrogen. This of course in theory also that the estrogen/androgen balance is not hindered as well. I know there has to be a balance.

What you think?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    This question was posted at another board I go to and I responded with:

Then one can argue that the lack of estrogen by the use of an AI would hinder gains as well. Estrogen is responsible for a number of anabolic factors such as increasing growth hormone output, upgrading the androgen receptor and improving glucose utillization.

Also, arent the ER and AR different?

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    [QUOTE=fitnessNY]I found this on another board that I am on. What do you think of this?

Blocking receptors with nolvadex bad?
    I had an interesting hypothesis.

Would running an AI like arimidex or femera be more beneficial that stops the conversion of estrogen rather than running a SERM like nolvadex that acts as a weak estrogen still attaching to the receptor thus blocking estrogen but also blocking the androgen?
    Androgen recepotor, Estrogen receptor both are different, think of the receptors as locks and the hormone is the key. Estrogen key cannot work with androgen lock. So blocking estrogen would have nil effect on androgens

Would it be more beneficial to keep the receptor open to more androgens and stop estrogen conversion completely. I think more receptors would be left open using this method.
    Your answer is above
    This is a theory based on the idea that to much test converts to estrogen and floods the receptors. If we stop the conversion in theory the receptors should not be flooded by estrogen. This of course in theory also that the estrogen/androgen balance is not hindered as well. I know there has to be a balance.

What you think?
    I say again androgen receptors do not get "flooded" "clogged up" or "blocked". Androgens increase the number of the A.Rs (J Appl. Physiol.94 1153-61 2003)

There also non A.R based that testosterone is anabolic .
    Last edited by BajanBastard; 01-04-2005 at 07:04 PM.

There are also steroids which promote an anabolic response without needing to bind strongly (or even at all to the AR)...Winstrol , Anadrol , and Dbol all come to mind....

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    This question was posted at another board I go to and I responded with:

Then one can argue that the lack of estrogen by the use of an AI would hinder gains as well. Estrogen is responsible for a number of anabolic factors such as increasing growth hormone output, upgrading the androgen receptor and improving glucose utillization.

Also, arent the ER and AR different?
    Yes they are different. Estrogen attaches to the E.R on muscle to promote anabolisim but i see no proof that it is as good as the effect when the strong androgens bind to the A.R. Glucose utillization via the glut4 receptor to synthesize gycogen in muscle is over rated, insulin is still king for this purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Yes they are different. Estrogen attaches to the E.R on muscle to promote anabolisim but i see no proof that it is as good as the effect when the strong androgens bind to the A.R. Glucose utillization via the glut4 receptor to synthesize gycogen in muscle is over rated, insulin is still king for this purpose.
    Not everyone is at the point or ever will use insulin . My point is that estrogen is as important in keeping you healthy, allowing you to grow, keep lipids stable............

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Not everyone is at the point or ever will use insulin. My point is that estrogen is as important in keeping you healthy, allowing you to grow, keep lipids stable............
    I never mentioned exogenous insulin use. Using elevated estrogen levels to take advantage of the glut4 receptor for gycogen storage is dumb considering that natural insulin is still the best hormone.

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    I never mentioned exogenous insulin use. Using elevated estrogen levels to take advantage of the glut4 receptor for gycogen storage is dumb considering that natural insulin is still the best hormone.
    I never stated that having elevated levels of estrogen is a way to improve glucose utillization. I said that NO estrogen would have a negative effect on many areas of health and also a negative effect in growth.

No matter how you look at it estrogen is very important hormone in a male's chemestry to stay healthy, and have all functions operate correctly.

Thread Information