detroit is offline Banned

durasteride vs. finasteride and sides

I have MPB and have been using finasteride for about 2 years now. I will say that it has helped slow down hair loss, but has not regrown hair. Since i have done a few cycles i noticed that the fall out is a little quicker.

I have been considering durasteride but i cannot find any research company that has it (PM me if you know...thanks). Also, are there any adverse effects from the drug like low libido, gyno that sort of thing. If anyone has any first hand expierence with this compound id like to learn more about it. Thanks...

thick one is offline Associate Member
    yo bro, look up avodart on the net. you can easily get a prescription -around 50 bucks for it. and then order it online. it claims to block 90-95% of all dht compared to 70% blockage by finasteride. the before and after pictures are somewhat amazing and dutasteride users have actually grown hair in the front(hairline area). i'm thinking of giving this a try when my finasteride runs out.

hoopcat528 is offline Associate Member

Durasteride

The product is readily avalable from online pharmacies.

You can go to www.hairsite.com for some pharmacy references. Go to the "forums" section from the main page. There are many forums, go to the (finasteride, arimidex , durasteride" forum.

I would post the web sites I have gotten it from (3 different online pharmacies) but I think that is against forum rules to post a source ? Not sure since durasteride is not a steriod .

Quote Originally Posted by hoopcat528
    The product is readily avalable from online pharmacies.

You can go to www.hairsite.com for some pharmacy references. Go to the "forums" section from the main page. There are many forums, go to the (finasteride, arimidex , durasteride" forum.

I would post the web sites I have gotten it from (3 different online pharmacies) but I think that is against forum rules to post a source ? Not sure since durasteride is not a steriod.
    Ok so PM me the sites... Thanks.

hatchblack is offline Associate Member
    somebody pm those sites too.

Also, if you are not really prone to MPD but want to protect your hair, do you think that the druasteride is really worth the extra effort. Also, how much will you be minimizing your gains...???

Quote Originally Posted by hatchblack
    somebody pm those sites too.

Also, if you are not really prone to MPD but want to protect your hair, do you think that the druasteride is really worth the extra effort. Also, how much will you be minimizing your gains...???
    I do think it would somewhat hinders gains, to what degree...? I dont know. But if your not prone, to MPB i would stay away because it could lower your libido too.

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    I switched form finasteride to dutasteride about 4 months ago at the beginning of a cycle - havent been 'off' while on it yet so not sure about the libido sides - I did have a few probs with finasteride, so I would imagine dutas will be a little worse in that respect.
    There doesn't seem to be any powder sources for dutast yet - so it's still pretty expensive to use (around $1 per 0.5mg gelcap)

Thread Information