rup321 is offline New Member

Deca cycle question

First off...I have read tons of posts and done my fair share of research. My question is...What can I expect from a 10wk/300mgperwk cycle of Deca . It looks like everyone says you gotta have some Test, but I'm just wondering what the effects will be if I only used the Deca.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    You'd probably lose your libido, gain some water for 10 weeks, and then lose the majority of the weight/strength you gained.. all of it if you don't run proper post cycle therapy .

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Really can't tell, you may or may not lose your libido, depends on the person. Your chances of getting prolactin gyno are increased and the deca being a progestin will affect your natural test production for quite some time. So only you can decide what to do, it's your body.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Forget the Deca and take Test!!! You will be much happier with the results!

Knight1811 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    You'd probably lose your libido, gain some water for 10 weeks, and then lose the majority of the weight/strength you gained.. all of it if you don't run proper post cycle therapy.

Are you saying none of this happens if not taking DECA and using another AAS like TEST or are you saying...DO YOUR PCT?

Because some folks will have libido loss with TEST also...not at widely reported as DECA but nonetheless there is a loss of libido with TEST.

Also, the last I checked...Deca armotizes (about 1/5 the rate of TEST) far less than Test hence less water gain.

Finally, Deca is a slow builder: "Deca is not known as a fast builder...A cycle lasting eight to twelve weeks seems to make the most sense, expecting to elicit a slow, even gain of quality muscle (Page 89, Anabolics 2004, William Llewellyn)." This translates into a better chance of maintaining gains from DECA than TEST (Bloat from TEST is a lot higher than DECA, hence more water weight is lost after a TEST cycle).

To the orginator of this thread: In general, most will warn you away from a DECA only cycle. Personally, it's up to the individual (some have reported libido boost from DECA only cycles)....but some test with deca would be a better choice....although...again, without proper PCT you will lose a lot more of your gains if not on a solid PCT.

Knight1811

Knight1811 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Really can't tell, you may or may not lose your libido, depends on the person. Your chances of getting prolactin gyno are increased and the deca being a progestin will affect your natural test production for quite some time. So only you can decide what to do, it's your body.
    Very good advice. I think you hit it on the head.

Knight1811

Moosepellet is offline Member
    I had a friend who took Deca by itself when he was a junior in high school and gain twenty five pounds and kept all of it. It was 200mg/10wks, with proper pct. Let me know what your going to do

GettinSwoll47 is offline Associate Member
    My last cycle was deca and winny.......i got deca dick sooooooooo bad. it f-ing sux. thats before i had this site to turn tooo. i say dont do it. you need test. i did make some good gains though, but with test they could have been so much better

ManzNumero1 is offline Member
    What are the mandatory needs one would need to come down off a deca only cycle, (The proper PCT) Best stuff to have ?

i ask, b.c. i was pm'd this morning of it.
    i suggested:
    ' tongkat ali or trib for shrinkage
    'clomid to get back in action
    'creatine to keep strength
    what else would be good to have

Bouncer1982 is offline Associate Member
    From My research alot of, if not all the guys say not to do a Deca only cycle?

Ive Heard That A Deca /dbol Mix Can Achieve Strengh Of Great Magnitude.......but Ive Always Liked Test..........

what's the best to use for pct to keep best "optimal gains?" (after deca )

It is as satisfying to me as coming is - you know, as having sex with a woman and coming. So can you believe how much I am in heaven?

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Big klg summed it up pretty good. I would never think about doing deca only! I had a minor case of limp willy at the end of 500mg sust / 400mg deca cycle. I can't imagine doing just the deca! Test rocks. For a healthy man, if you want to do a single drug cycle, do a test cycle.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    It is not a manditory side to get a deca dick. I know many ppl that started with deca only cycles years back and they never reported any trouble. sometimes I think all the praising of a drug or all the hammering is just because someone said that...of course, there will always be ppl who wil lexperience problems with deca. but guess what: there will always also be ppl who experience problems with test.
    I don t see the big problem with deca, no more then with other steroids . it totally depends on your body, how u will react, no forecast possible. there is a chance that u might develope sides and there is also the chance that u won t experience any sides. it is hard to tell and all we can contribute to this theme are personal or second hand experiences. that is not very scientific, I guess.

hopefully back to my question though,
    what could a person take to come off a deca only, other than what i put up above, mainly for keeping optimal gains. What can someone who is coming off take to keep as much gains and strengths that they have acheived ?

ace ventura is offline Member
    The guys just say that it's not worth the risk. I guess sex is more important to some than others?

Do you consider it a 50/50 chance of loose libido with deca only?

I dont think it would be fun to workout with very low test level. The results will not be good at all and that would be not cool especially after a cycle I guess?

Or have I misunderstood about the test level and deca? Is there a conection between the test and libido in this case?

i had started my cycle off with sust 250 and deca ,
    i ran sust 700mg/wk for 10 wks, was supposed to get more before it ran out, however i still had deca, i was runnin that from the start then went with it alone up to present my 15th week, just got some more sust. gonna throw it back in, good idea or no. ??
    i started getting deca dick, would throwing the test back in the cycle make big whily come back or should i just start pct now to try and get it back, i wanna keep goin though with this sust ?>

Stout1 is offline Banned

i had started my cycle off with sust 250 and deca ,
    i ran sust 700mg/wk for 10 wks, was supposed to get more before it ran out, however i still had deca, i was runnin that from the start then went with it alone up to present my 15th week, just got some more sust. gonna throw it back in, good idea or no. ??
    i started getting deca dick, would throwing the test back in the cycle make big whily come back or should i just start pct now to try and get it back, i wanna keep goin though with this sust ?>

Thread Information