Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    joevette is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx***
    clen is just a ****ed up drug.

read this for further information:

Myotoxic effects of clenbuterol in the rat heart and soleus muscle

http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/93/5/1824

another thing I have found is this:
    How helpful are the studies really? I mean these rats were dosed at 5mg per kg of bodyweight. That's like me taking 5,000,000 mcg of clen! I don't know about you but the highest I've ever been is 250mcg. I think when used in moderation clen is a safe and effective drug for weight loss.

Dose anyone have any studies using more reasonable dosages for longer periods of time (like 2mcg/kg for 2 weeks). Also, it's been shown that clen effects animals differently than humans (very anabolic for them etc.).

cardiodan is offline Associate Member
    Agreed/ I started at 40, went to 60, 80, 100 then 120mcgs

GetPumped is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I wouldn't touch clen ever again. It didn't work good enough for me to want to do it again plus the sides outweighed the ANY positives. Also, I got some bloodwork done while I was on the clen and that sh*t does fukk with your heart muscles. My PKT values(something to do with the muscles of the heart, don't remember exactly) were 10 times higher than normal. I also have read studies of rats who were injected with clen had abnormal heart sizes and heart problems. Clen isn't worth it IMO, but then again everbody has their own opinions.

Whitey is offline Anabolic Member
    GetPumped, your avatar f***ing kills me!

GetPumped is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    GetPumped, your avatar f***ing kills me!
    HAHA Thanks bro, I still get a kick out of it if I stare at it long enough!

Have you gotten your bloodwork now? Are you back to normal, and how long were you on and at what dosages?

Quote Originally Posted by cardiodan
    Im no guru, im just learning, but I do know a good bit. Here goes:
    Ephedrine and caffeine act in a synergistic manner. They work together. The two we are most concerned with are the release of nor-epinephrine, and the stimulation of beta-2-androgenic receptors.
    Clenbuterol is specifically a selective beta-2 sympathomimetic, primarily affecting only one of the three subsets of beta-receptors.

Because Clenbuterol has little beta-1 stimulating it reduces reversible airway with much less cardiovascular side effects compared to nonselective beta agonists. That is why you can take large doses of clen (200mcgs) and still have your heart rate at an acceptable pace for losing fat safely and effectively without overstressing IMO. Ephedra, on the other hand, you take a few extra pills and your heart rate will soon soar, unless youre nonresponsive due to tolerance and you pop them like theres no tomorrow.

Since it does not affect all beta receptors, it does not give you that extreme wired feeling a moderate/high dosage of eca would.
    I, for example , made a mistake of dosing with my oral syringe 400mcgs of arr clen in one dose at once, thinking it was 40mcgs. I was in a rush, and had to do it quick, and did not make proper calculations. Needless to say, I was shaking a lot. My heart was at 150. But I felt fine! I slept fine. I was not wired. I shook, yes. alot. Its a big overdosage and this is an extreme case, but try taking 400mgs of ephedra or eca. I just hope you have a tolerance, as you will be on crack for sure.
    Now, Im taking 140mcgs of clen, I upped it from 100 mcgs. I feel fine, and jitters are so second nature I just dont even know they are there. I cant use it to wake up any more, as it does not wire me at all, although it does give me a slight energy boost.
    Nothing like caffeine or ephedra.
    I hope this clears it up.
    I lose more than 2lbs a week. Last week it was 4lbs
    That's cool, bro. I know you've done your homework on clen. I just want to make sure that everybody knows that cycling off of clen means time off. Not ECA, then back on as was recommended some time ago. Actual time off. You're right that clen is more selective than ECA in stimulation of receptors, however, you need to let the beta-2's rest. ECA still hits 'em (albeit with spillover to other receptors, as you pointed out), and they're getting no rest. The methods currently in favor are 1) time on - time off, eg. 2 wks on, 2 wks off and 2) extended cycle with the use of Ketofen Fumarate (an antihistimine that helps upregulate or refresh the receptors). And actually I should add a 3rd method which seems to steadily be gaining in popularity after the cardiac tissue study - not doing clen at all.

Feel like I'm beating a dead horse about the time off issue - sure everybody gets the point by now. Cheers

There are all kinds of theories. Best one so far is 4-6 weeks , with keto added or benadryl to refresh receptors, according to Hooker, ARR authority on clen .
    You explained it yourself. ECA hits the receptors too.
    When I get off clen, after my 5-6 th week, im off for 6 weeks minimum or until my next cut.

maxmuscle187 is offline Senior Member
    i like it, its a big help ONLY if your diet is also on point. but i took it for a while when i ate like a pig and i didnt gain any weight .....i get shakes bad even at like 100mcg

Quote Originally Posted by cardiodan
    There are all kinds of theories. Best one so far is 4-6 weeks , with keto added or benadryl to refresh receptors, according to Hooker, ARR authority on clen .
    You explained it yourself. ECA hits the receptors too.
    When I get off clen, after my 5-6 th week, im off for 6 weeks minimum or until my next cut.
    I agree, bro. Now are you running keto or benadryl with yours? I have heard that keto is much better, but it's hard to justify the price difference with benadryl, you know?

frankthetank41778 is offline Junior Member
    it makes me shke like a beoch. imo i works best when you are fairly lean and need just a little help with the last little bit. jmho

ChrisB is offline Junior Member
    I've used it with good results in the past and I will continue to use it in the future.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information