T Bone is offline Junior Member

Newbie needs help with hairloss advice

I was reading the educational threads and was hoping for a little more clarification on this subject from the more informed.

I am 24 years old and just completed my third cycle. My dad is bald and I am certain that I will be too. My hairline is similar to the wrestler the Rock. The last cycle I did was Test E and Trenbolone . I got exceptional results, 30 lbs weight gain and my boby fat dropped 7%. The only down side was my hair line receeded pretty fast.

I was thinking Test E and Deca but read in the forum that this is a killer combo for one's hair even with proscar. Would Test E and Tren with Proscar be a better combo for my hair?

What are your suggestions for any complemets to the Test E? The other thing is I need a compliment that will make my joints feel better because I have had 2 surgeries on my shoulder. That is why I liked the Deca or Tren.

Also, what is the daily recommended dosage for Proscar?

Thanks for any help.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO, test E and deca (with proscar) will be a safer bet. Tren is VERY harsh on the hairline and proscar will not help. Even though proscar won't help with deca, deca converts to DHN which is weak to the scalp. I would take the proscar @ 1mg everyday. I have an article written by einstein dispelling the deca proscar myth. Let me try to find it.

toolman is offline Banned
    Actually, the baldness gene is supposed to be maternally linked, so your concern should be with your Mom's fathers hairline.

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally Posted by einstein1905
    "I heard you can't use finasteride with deca "
    Without fail, you'll hear this statement at least once a month.

First off, let me preface this by saying that this is true, in certain contexts.
    However, I'm an advocate of including testosterone in every cycle, so my explanation is with the assumption that one will be using nandrolone in addition to testosterone

For those that do not know, testosterone converts to DHT via the 5 alpha reductase enzyme. DHT is far more androgenic than testosterone and is the main contributor to MPB in those genetically predisposed.

Finasteride is a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor, and therefore limits the conversion of testosterone to DHT via competitive inhibition.

Nandrolone itself is a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor (although it yields DHN in the process). So less DHT is produced if nandrolone is present. Also, DHN is much less androgenic than nandrolone and much less androgenic than DHT. So, finasteride with deca (nandrolone) should both work to reduce DHT levels, and since finasteride will inhibit 5a reductase, it'll also keep levels of DHN lower too.

The misconception that deca with finasteride is a bad combination stems from the the days when deca only cycles were more common (often referred to as the days before jason updated the AR homepage cycles ) If one were running a deca only cycle (or any deca cycle without test), then finasteride would be a poor choice, because DHN is less androgenic than nandrolone. However, since we're assuming test to be included in a deca cycle, and both test and DHT are far more androgenic than nandrolone, if your goal is preventing the formation of the most androgenic compounds, then both deca and finasteride work together to reduce DHT formation.

To sum things up, if you're running a test + deca cycle and are worried about MPB (and you're susceptible), then including finasteride is a far better option than NOT including it, although the nandrolone will help to reduce DHT formation on its own to some extent.

This doesn't touch on the many positive effects of DHT (libido, muscle hardness, decreased SHBG and therefore increased bioavailable AAS).....this is only in the context of preventing hairloss.

Hooligan is offline Associate Member
    I posted this on another thread--I hope it helps...Research as much as you can bro and then make the decision for yourself...here is my take:

"I'd advise against Deca or EQ if you are prone to MPB...Unless you plan on running the Deca alone.

Other than that Test is best...there is so much research done into preventing DHT related hairloss that you shouldn't have a problem. Run 5% azelaic acid / 5% minoxidil / 5% spironolactone twice daily and you should inhibit/convert close to 100% of the DHT in the follicles.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ***xxx***
    he is on propecia right now bro so if u r on propecia test would be a good choice. stay away from all dht steroids .
    still, propecia is no guarantee, if u cycle there is still a good chance, u ll lose more hair.

He is right. Adding in 1mg finasteride (e.g. Propecia)/day will lower serum DHT levels 60-80%, but remember even that is somewhat localized. Type 1-5Alpha Reduct is more active in head follicle region and is not effected by the finasteride, so while the DHT levels will be significantly lower for the sake of your prostate and body as a whole; you won't necessarily see levels of 60-80% reduction for the sake of your hairline.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by The Original Jason
    i would think, although i have never read any studies(anyone seen any??) that with dutasteride blocking conversion at type 1&2 5-ar that it will severely reduce the gains from test, i may be wrong??

Dutasteride (e.g. Avodart) serves the purpose where finasteride falls short...blocking Type1 / 2 5AR from acting. But having no DHT will probably hinder your gains...DHT is important: it hardens your muscles, and is a strong androgen...if your body didn't need it, it wouldn't produce it.

Careful with the systemic enzyme inhibitors overall bro, you're ****ing with your endocrine system even more and sometimes systemic reduction in DHT can cause a backlash after 6 months or more of use.

I just recommend the prescription strength topicals to completely eliminate the DHT from the scalp while on cycle rather than messing with your internal regulation systems anymore than you already are (supplementing AAS). Monitor for prostate enlargement symptoms and if they occur continue on the 1mg finasteride / day.

Good luck and any other questions just ask."

Thread Information