Drew83 is offline New Member

Beginner cycle-sound ok to you guys?

Hello to all- although this is my first post, i have been using these boards as a source of training/diet info. for the past 4 years. I've delayed the use of gear until now (age related), and am interested in doing a small cycle. I feel that i have done enough research in the past years to confidently put something together, however i would like your advice. I am 21 years old, 5'9", 170 lbs, and have seemingly peaked in the gym. I want 8-10 lbs of lean muscle mass, and do not want to retain water. My immediate thought was to do an EQ only cycle, but i've read from so many of your posts about how it totally shuts down your natural production of testosterone , and to stack it with test.
    So i was thinking... Test Enanthate 250 mg/week for 10 weeks
    Equipoise 200mg/week for 10 weeks
    Nolvadex 10-20 mg/week
    Chlomid/Post cycle therapy after
    Does anyone have any alternative suggestions? Just want 8-10 lbs lean, wanna look good with the shirt off for the summer! any help is appreciated- i realize these doseages are low, but remember, this is my first cycle and i dont wanna get crazy..

billy_ba is offline Associate Member
    Doses are too low. Do 500mg test wk and 400mg eq wk. If you only want to gain 8lbs, clean up your diet. You can easily gain 8lbs naturally.

c5529 is offline Member
    If you have really peaked in the gym, and can't get the lean mass naturally, then here is my suggestion, based on your stats:
    Don't do just an EQ cycle, you really need some test with it...

Test E 400 to 500 mgs per week for 12 weeks
    EQ 300 mgs per week for 10 weeks
    Nolva 10 mgs ED
    PCT afterwards.

IMO, you'll definitely put on 10 pounds of lean mass with this.....

c5529 is offline Member
    sorry, I meant to say EQ 300 to 400 (300 EQ if you do Test e at 400; 400 EQ if you do Test E at 500).

Drew83 is offline New Member
    sounds good guys, i appreciate the advice-the only reason i was trying to avoid the test is the water retention-i wanted to stay lean. Assuming i have a clean diet (which i do), will i see much bloating?

c5529 is offline Member
    Understood.

It's different for everyone, but if you keep the nolvadex running and use the EQ you should be fine....You could go on and bump the nolva up to 20 per day which will help....

MER
    MER is offline Member
    You want to gain 8 pounds? Why even bother with the EQ? Just run test at 500mg a week and have PCT on hand. Save the money IMO for your next cycle. Believe me after this, there will be more.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    bro I just started week 5 of my first test e 500mg/wk and Eq 400 mg/wk cycle. Put on about 10 lbs so far w/ little to no bloat and no sides at all. I run 10 mg of Nolva/day too. I recommend doing it this way, but you'll probably gain more than 8 lbs

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MER
    You want to gain 8 pounds? Why even bother with the EQ? Just run test at 500mg a week and have PCT on hand. Save the money IMO for your next cycle. Believe me after this, there will be more.
    Just run test at 500mg a week and have PCT on hand. Save the money IMO for your next cycle. Believe me after this, there will be more.[/QUOTE]
    I agree. It's always best to do single compound first cycles. That way you know what you react to rather than guess which compound it is if you have negative sides.

Also C5529, you can run the eq and test doses equal to eachother. For ahwhile now there have been alot of guys saying that you have to run the test higher than the eq, or else problems in the sack so I can guess you heard it around here. It is not true. It is not like Deca where that is true. However I have yet to meet a soul who claims eq dick.

Swellin Guest
    Bro, this is in no way a knock against you....but look to your diet and training for your 8 lbs. Look there first, second, and third. Then you can look to gear.

****Edited because I missed the stats up there****

You need to eat bro. At 5'9", and 170....you need more cals, not gear. You might think that you are eating enough, but you are not.

Go to the diet forum and post your diet.

Go to the training forum and post your work out.

The gurus in these forums will get you on track without gear!
    Last edited by Swellin; 01-07-2005 at 08:59 AM.

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    pretty young and pretty light. wait a year or 2 and work on your diet and your training. you will be much happier this way.

Thread Information