Thread: Age

Mr. Fina is offline Associate Member

Age is a widespread topic here on AR. When a newbie ask questions about a cycle and her or she includes their age and they just happen to be 16-20 majority of the time their question is not answered and they get scolded about being too young.

Bros these youngsters are going to do it whether or not we recommend it. I feel instead of reminding them about their age just answer their question (I'm guilty on bashing about age). The more they know about how to use gear the better off they are. Just be glad they came here and are trying to learn.

Hell we all know drugs/alcohol is not the best for all ages but we still do it. Yes we can tell them to wait but you have to remember when you were young and when you see/hear things, you want to try it. Look how many people (especially teeny boppers) open up a muscle mag and wish that could be them. Society has given us the impression that steroids will transform you into that guy on the magazine cover.

bigwillster is offline Associate Member
    I think we should: 1. try to talk them out of it. 2. provide them with the info they're looking for.

Originally posted by bigwillster
    I think we should: 1. try to talk them out of it. 2. provide them with the info they're looking for.
    Are you going to talk them out of the alcohol and marijuana that they take too?

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Originally posted by Mr. Fina

Are you going to talk them out of the alcohol and marijuana that they take too?
    Alcohol and weed don't have have the same side effects as using roids when you are too young...You won't fuck up your long bone growth by getting drunk every weekend...One cycle of juice when you are 16 and not done growing may leave you wondering a few years down the road why you are still 5'2" and haven't grown since you were 16...It's not the same thing, we are not talking about drugs on the same level as the AS...

We need to inform them of the dangers don't you think? Like I said in #2 "provide them with the info they're looking for." Are you suggesting we just give them the info they're looking for and don't give them a warning of the dangers?

Originally posted by ironfist

Alcohol and weed don't have have the same side effects as using roids when you are too young...You won't fuck up your long bone growth by getting drunk every weekend...One cycle of juice when you are 16 and not done growing may leave you wondering a few years down the road why you are still 5'2" and haven't grown since you were 16...It's not the same thing, we are not talking about drugs on the same level as the AS...
    Well put ironfist.

HARDCORE is offline Associate Member
    I think we are doing a diservice to them if we don't try to talk them out of it. In their minds if we are giving them advice on what they should be taking, it justifies what they are doing. If we talk to them and talk to them and they still intend on doing it despite our warnings(i.e. Doofy), then I think advice should be given under the pretence that: we think you are retarded for doing this, but at least you'll be doing it correctly. JMO
    Last edited by HARDCORE; 03-21-2002 at 01:38 PM.

quasar is offline Associate Member
    yeah, but many 18 year olds, including myself are already at their max height. I'm 6'3", so i if i wanted to do a cycle stunting my growth wouldn't really bother me.

i think the emphasis should be on messing with your natty test, and trying to get big naturally first.

a newbie's $.02

Tankass is offline Senior Member
    Bump for a great thread

Kullman is offline Member
    I will always help a younger bro out. I don't have any problems with someone age 18-19 starting to use gear, as long as they have a knowledge of what they will be doing and training-diet experience.

Kull

Originally posted by Kullman
    I will always help a younger bro out. I don't have any problems with someone age 18-19 starting to use gear, as long as they have a knowledge of what they will be doing and training-diet experience.

Kull
    That's all I'm asking for.

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Originally posted by quasar
    yeah, but many 18 year olds, including myself are already at their max height. I'm 6'3", so i if i wanted to do a cycle stunting my growth wouldn't really bother me.

i think the emphasis should be on messing with your natty test, and trying to get big naturally first.

a newbie's $.02
    As long as you've been lifting for a long time and have taken advantage of your natural growth, I don't see much of a problem...Just be aware of the dangers and use it smart...I wouldn't use if you are under 18 or you haven't been lifting seriously for at least 2 years...

Originally posted by ironfist

Just be aware of the dangers and use it smart
    Ironfist,

I completely agree with talking them out of it, but you rarely see that. I just don't like seeing a bro get ripped on because he is 18. They can only use it smart when they get educated about it.

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    Originally posted by HARDCORE
    I think we are doing a diservice to them if we don't try to talk them out of it. In their minds if we are giving them advice on what they should be taking, it justifies what they are doing. If we talk to them and talk to them and they still intend on doing it despite our warnings(i.e. Doofy), then I think advice should be given under the pretence that: we think you are retarded for doing this, but at least you'll be doing it correctly. JMO
    bang on! you have to tell them the dangers first - then tell them what they want to know.

as for narcotics, drinking and smoking, they are told the dangers of those by everyone, on every tv station everyday and they still do it - what makes any of us think they will listen to us and NOT to AS when we tell them the dangers! at least lets try to make them safe when they do it.

quasar is offline Associate Member
    when i first came to this board i thought i wanted to juice right away. but after a lot or RESEARCH i decided to wait awhile.

i would just like to congratulate everyone here who trys to help us teens make educated decisions. and thats what it is really all about. we are capable of making our own decisions like voting for the president and taking roids, but these decisions would be better made if we knew more about the topic.

i agree with you guys that we teens, should be told the pros and cons about steroids , and help us make better informed decisions about our lives.

j.j. is offline Associate Member
    I agree Mr. Fina, I would rather have my questions answered by those who have been there than find out the hard way, because that happens with other drugs and to lend a helping hand might prevent a death or some serious injury to someone. That's just my opinion I could be wrong.

9natural9 is offline Banned
    youi people make me so proud

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    i would like to thank boards like these for helping me progress my learnings so i can JUICE and i wont regret it -D00fy

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    You could possible still regret it doofy! maybe later in life!! only time will tell. that goes for just about everyone hear to thats young.

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    tru tru <(SMACKS HIMSELF)> but oh well its life the decisions you make now reflects you in the future,so its really the individual who should take fault in actions. i cant even afford clomid so i dont expect hitting gear any time soon hahah

TheStromba is offline Associate Member
    It is important to inform of the dangers of doing AS too young, but it is just as important not to preach. Most people just turn off when someone somes across like that, so a little tact is in order.

Just like if someone older comes on here and wants to do an anadrol and dbol cycle, he is going to get a ear full from a lot of us.
    That is why most people are here. We all want to learn.

Sometimes it is not what you say, but how you say (type) it.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    jmo,
    but i have seen younger brothers talked out of going ahead and running a cycle, right here on this board as a matter of fact. however i do admit that they are definitely the minority, and most of the youngsters that come here looking for advice on cycling are going to do it anyways, whether we try to talk them out of it or not.
    so i tend to agree with mr. fina on this point. we should try vehemently to talk them out of it, and if they dont agree, then look foward for them and start explaining usage.

peace bb79

Thread Information