Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Hot-Rox's Avatar
    Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Down South-west
    Posts
    1,153

    How To Avoid The Deca Bloat?

    I am about to start a test cyp / deca cycle. Does anyone have experience with L-Dex or other med to keep bloating to a minimum. And, what doses?

  2. #2
    ace ventura is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    525
    I read everyone is saying nolvadex (10-20 mg/ed) will help on the bloat. It's the estrogen that causes the bloat so you basically want to keep the level down.

  3. #3
    stocky121's Avatar
    stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    england/north east
    Posts
    10,011
    proviron 50 mg per day will keep the bloat down

  4. #4
    Hot-Rox's Avatar
    Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Down South-west
    Posts
    1,153
    Anyone out there with a little L-Dex advice or suggestions for elinating bloat?

  5. #5
    bullram's Avatar
    bullram is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    armpit of the country(NJ)
    Posts
    578
    letro (femera) keeps you dry as a bone
    Last edited by bullram; 01-07-2005 at 12:14 PM.

  6. #6
    tycin's Avatar
    tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Edmonton
    Posts
    3,717
    femara is the best IMO

  7. #7
    BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    barbados
    Posts
    6,418
    Letrozole will attack all the angles from bloat to deca gyno.

  8. #8
    asymmetrical1's Avatar
    asymmetrical1 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Rox
    Anyone out there with a little L-Dex advice or suggestions for elinating bloat?
    gona run letro soon....... if you bloat on .25ml l-dex and 10mg nolv/ed, something is wrong

  9. #9
    ManzNumero1's Avatar
    ManzNumero1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    621
    can you run letro and clomid at the same time. .

  10. #10
    GetinBig's Avatar
    GetinBig is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,592
    I took .25mg of l-dex and 20mg of nolva and did not bloat while on deca . Never ran the letro though. So can't even help on how much to take..

  11. #11
    Hot-Rox's Avatar
    Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Down South-west
    Posts
    1,153
    What is the difference between Letro & L-Dex?

    Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Letrozole will attack all the angles from bloat to deca gyno.

  12. #12
    yuri76 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    35
    letro worked great for me....I ran it daily at 0.25mg.

  13. #13
    peump's Avatar
    peump is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the garage
    Posts
    1,411

  14. #14
    peump's Avatar
    peump is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the garage
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Rox
    What is the difference between Letro & L-Dex?


    http://67.18.108.244//showthread.php?t=125162

  15. #15
    shrunkennutz116's Avatar
    shrunkennutz116 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    dirty to tallyho
    Posts
    364
    i always thought anti estrogens wouldnt do ne thing for deca bloat maybe i'm wrong ne one kno for sure?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,393
    Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    are u sure about that? i thought deca gyno was progesterone/prolactin mediated, and anti-Es had no effect on it? does letro affect progesterone?.


    Neoadjuvant therapy of endometrial cancer with the aromatase inhibitor letrozole: endocrine and clinical effects.

    Berstein L, Maximov S, Gershfeld E, Meshkova I, Gamajunova V, Tsyrlina E, Larionov A, Kovalevskij A, Vasilyev D.

    Laboratory Oncoendocrinology, N.N. Petrov Research Institute of Oncology, St. Petersburg 197758, Russia. levmb@endocrin.spb.ru

    OBJECTIVE: To investigate the short-term hormonal and clinical effects of the aromatase inhibitor letrozole (Femara) in patients with endometrial cancer. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Ten previously untreated, post-menopausal patients (mean age 59 years) with endometrial cancer, predominantly stage I disease, received letrozole 2.5mg per day for 14 days before surgery. Clinical, sonographic, morphologic, cytologic, and hormonal-metabolic parameters (blood estradiol, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH), glucose, and cholesterol by radioimmunoassay, enzyme immune assay, or enzyme-colorimetric methods; tumor progesterone receptors by ligand-binding assay; and aromatase activity by 3H-water release assay) were evaluated before and after treatment. RESULTS: Treatment was well-tolerated in all patients. In two patients, pain relief in the lower part of the belly and/or decrease in intensity of uterine discharge was reported. In the three cases, substantial decreases in endometrial M-echo (ultrasound) signal were noted; the mean value of this parameter after treatment was 31.1% lower than before treatment. Blood estradiol concentration decreased by an average of 37.8% after letrozole therapy, and tumor progesterone receptor levels and aromatase activity decreased by 34.4 and 17.5%, respectively. Treatment with letrozole did not influence surgery. CONCLUSIONS: These data show that short-term treatment with letrozole in the neoadjuvant setting resulted in some positive clinical changes. Longer-term and larger-scale trials of neoadjuvant letrozole in endometrial cancer are warranted.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,393
    Join BB4L!!!!

    It's old news over there!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,393
    Join BB4L!!!!

    It's old news over there!

  19. #19
    Hot-Rox's Avatar
    Hot-Rox is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Down South-west
    Posts
    1,153
    Thanks for the great info! What is the function of L-Dex - and does it compare?

    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Neoadjuvant therapy of endometrial cancer with the aromatase inhibitor letrozole: endocrine and clinical effects.

    Berstein L, Maximov S, Gershfeld E, Meshkova I, Gamajunova V, Tsyrlina E, Larionov A, Kovalevskij A, Vasilyev D.

    Laboratory Oncoendocrinology, N.N. Petrov Research Institute of Oncology, St. Petersburg 197758, Russia. levmb@endocrin.spb.ru

    OBJECTIVE: To investigate the short-term hormonal and clinical effects of the aromatase inhibitor letrozole (Femara) in patients with endometrial cancer. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Ten previously untreated, post-menopausal patients (mean age 59 years) with endometrial cancer, predominantly stage I disease, received letrozole 2.5mg per day for 14 days before surgery. Clinical, sonographic, morphologic, cytologic, and hormonal-metabolic parameters (blood estradiol, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH), glucose, and cholesterol by radioimmunoassay, enzyme immune assay, or enzyme-colorimetric methods; tumor progesterone receptors by ligand-binding assay; and aromatase activity by 3H-water release assay) were evaluated before and after treatment. RESULTS: Treatment was well-tolerated in all patients. In two patients, pain relief in the lower part of the belly and/or decrease in intensity of uterine discharge was reported. In the three cases, substantial decreases in endometrial M-echo (ultrasound) signal were noted; the mean value of this parameter after treatment was 31.1% lower than before treatment. Blood estradiol concentration decreased by an average of 37.8% after letrozole therapy, and tumor progesterone receptor levels and aromatase activity decreased by 34.4 and 17.5%, respectively. Treatment with letrozole did not influence surgery. CONCLUSIONS: These data show that short-term treatment with letrozole in the neoadjuvant setting resulted in some positive clinical changes. Longer-term and larger-scale trials of neoadjuvant letrozole in endometrial cancer are warranted.

  20. #20
    BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    barbados
    Posts
    6,418
    Progesterone and estrogen also work together to cause mammary gland stimulation.(deca gyno) so dealing with estrogen WILL PREVENT DECA/FINA GYNO.


    Endocrinology, Vol 103, 186-192, Copyright © 1978 by Endocrine Society


    ARTICLES


    Progesterone is not essential to the differentiative potential of mammary epithelium in the male mouse
    CS Freeman and YJ Topper


    In pursuit of a model system in which to determine whether or not exposure to progesterone is necessary for mammary epithelial cells to develop their differentiative potential, we explored hormone-dependent growth of the mammary epithelial rudiment in adult male mice. Initiation of the formation of ductal cells can be effected by administration of estradiol in the absence of endogenous progesterone and glucocorticoid using adrenalectomized-castrated animals. The resulting epithelium contains three times more lactose synthetase activity per epithelial cell than that in midpregnant mice. The blood spermidine level in these doubly operated animals was similar to the concentration of spermidine required to substitute effectively for glucocorticoid during mammary differentiation in vitro. It is suggested that spermidine can partially supplant glucocorticoid in vivo in milk protein synthesis. We also concluded that, unlike other secondary sex tissues, mammary cells do not require exposure to progesterone during their ontogeny in order to realize their differentiative potential. The positive role of this steroid in mammary development is apparently limited to its effect on the formation of alveolar structures.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •