supplement freak is offline Junior Member

safest steroid for prone mpb person?

im on propecia and i have male pattern baldness. what would be the safest steroid to take not to lose hair?

please help guys

Jackman is offline Banned
    stay away from winny and eq. Try some finasteride with your cycles (propesia) sp

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    he is on propecia right now bro so if u r on propecia test would be a good choice. stay away from all dht steroids .
    still, propecia is no guarantee, if u cycle there is still a good chance, u ll lose more hair.

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    To be sure I go with Durasteride + Test + Var (with Nizoral shampoo) - I'm moderately MPB prone & that stack causes me no hair probs at all. I hear Deca is OK on the hair too - so may try some NPP in my next cycle.

Stay away from winny, tren , masteron , primo, drol, dbol .....er......well pretty much everything except the ones I mentioned. The jury is out on Oral Turinabol at the moment.......I'm trying it now so I'll let you know how it goes.

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    i would think, although i have never read any studies(anyone seen any??) that with dutasteride blocking conversion at type 1&2 5-ar that it will severely reduce the gains from test, i may be wrong?? as i said would like to see some studies on this one, although i agree var would be my choice and test if what i said is wrong, if not then maybe try something like eq/var or deca /var be prepared for low sex drive on that one though or add minimal doses of test just to counteract

peace

Hooligan is offline Associate Member
    I'd advise against Deca or EQ if you are prone to MPB...Unless you plan on running the Deca alone.

Other than that Test is best...there is so much research done into preventing DHT related hairloss that you shouldn't have a problem. Run 5% azelaic acid / 5% minoxidil / 5% spironolactone twice daily and you should inhibit/convert close to 100% of the DHT in the follicles.

Quote Originally Posted by ***xxx***
    he is on propecia right now bro so if u r on propecia test would be a good choice. stay away from all dht steroids .
    still, propecia is no guarantee, if u cycle there is still a good chance, u ll lose more hair.
    He is right. Adding in 1mg finasteride (e.g. Propecia)/day will lower serum DHT levels 60-80%, but remember even that is somewhat localized. Type 1-5Alpha Reduct is more active in head follicle region and is not effected by the finasteride, so while the DHT levels will be significantly lower for the sake of your prostate and body as a whole; you won't necessarily see levels of 60-80% reduction for the sake of your hairline.

Quote Originally Posted by The Original Jason
    i would think, although i have never read any studies(anyone seen any??) that with dutasteride blocking conversion at type 1&2 5-ar that it will severely reduce the gains from test, i may be wrong??
    Dutasteride (e.g. Avodart) serves the purpose where finasteride falls short...blocking Type1 / 2 5AR from acting. But having no DHT will probably hinder your gains...DHT is important: it hardens your muscles, and is a strong androgen...if your body didn't need it, it wouldn't produce it.

Careful with the systemic enzyme inhibitors overall bro, you're ****ing with your endocrine system even more and sometimes systemic reduction in DHT can cause a backlash after 6 months or more of use.

I just recommend the prescription strength topicals to completely eliminate the DHT from the scalp while on cycle rather than messing with your internal regulation systems anymore than you already are (supplementing AAS). Monitor for prostate enlargement symptoms and if they occur continue on the 1mg finasteride / day.

Good luck and any other questions just ask.
    Last edited by Hooligan; 01-07-2005 at 11:37 AM.

Thread Information